:::[Official NFC Championship] San Francisco 49ers vs. New York Giants @ Candlestick:::

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

49ers+Patriots = dead week for the media.
Nah, that's two weeks of sucking off Tom Brady, the golden child. Partially deserved but it'd be sickening.

I don't understand why Baltimore vs. SF would be a snoozefest. Baltimore has a pretty exciting offense; SF eh...sometimes...

Originally Posted by glasses

The saints D-line is more of a threat than the giants as far as pressure goes.

nfh5hv.jpg

Who does the 49ers have other than Vernon Davis? 
Crabtree? REALLY? 
laugh.gif

Giants secondary>Saints

Alex isn't doing A THING against us this time around.
quoting this stupidity til game time.

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

That week 10 game is irrelevant , two totally different teams right now .

I dont agree that the Giants are a different team.  Its just a narrative made up to spice up the build up.  The Giants are not a different team right now.  That idea is ridiculous IMO.  How are they a different team?  They were one of the hottest teams in football in week 10.  6-2 on the season, with a 3 game winning streak....the last of which came AT New England.  Im not saying the Giants cant win or that they arent hot right now, but they are no hotter now than they were when we met them the first time.

I agree that the week 10 game is irrelevant, but not because the Giants are some different team all of a sudden. 

wait...really?
The Giants are healthy...that alone makes them a completely different team. No one on this squad right now, who hasn't been out since the start of the season is out. We are all hands on deck.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by glasses

The giants got a mulligan with the packers. point blank, nobody can argue that. those weren't the packers, you guys won't get that lucky with the niners being like that this sunday

the 49ers are a more all around complete team than GB as well, we don't have as many holes that you guys took advantage of

The stick was a madhouse last game, if it's not raining too bad then it will be DEAFENING this week

+1 on the giants not being a "different team" now. maybe in terms that they were losing then, and winning now. but as far as identity, personnel, strategy......same team.

The saints D-line is more of a threat than the giants as far as pressure goes. Alex got hit quite a few times but they made adjustments and called plays to dump it off quick, same thing this week.

that's one of the more impressive things with this team this year. their ability to make adjustments throughout the game, and execute them sufficiently.
The %%@% I read on nt is unbelievable.

Bro, this guy is a total troll. Apparently a very rich troll. 
laugh.gif

49ers+Patriots = dead week for the media.

Well never be a dead week if Tom Brady is playing.

Also, they'll talk about Tom Brady playing against the team he grew up cheering for in the Superbowl.

They will also talk about Jim Harbaugh's first year success and how he turned around a 6-10 team.

49ers going for their 6th Superbowl.

Tom Brady trying to tie his idol Joe Montana for Superbowl wins.

What Tom Brady had for lunch and dinner. How many times he took a dump, etc.

Maybe a dead week for non-fans of those teams, but not for the media.

This thread is ridiculous, how can you say the Saint's d line is better than the Giants d line? Either way, we're healthy and our team is full of confidence. Week 10 was the first time they let Alex Smith throw on first down and he threw a lot that game, caught us off guard. We didn't have Michael Boley in that who is no pro bowler but he's huge for us. Blackburn is playing well and I don't think that Niners secondary will hold up. Our secondary will hold up because of our pass rush applying so much pressure and Gore isn't running the ball effectively, UNDER 100 yards in the last 8 games. Also, let's not forget that Mario Manningham dropped a game tying TD in the end zone a few plays before Justin Smith batted the ball down on the last play.

Nah DOM, even though Alex Smith is nothing to write home about.....expect a lot of hat happened last game.....3 step drop backs, quick throw/screen/etc.

GMen pass rush and linebackers have to play their A game, not worried about the secondary coverage's too much.

49ers also play a lot of 3-4 so the GMen need to have a successful run game, but they've been inconsistent in that area (they pick their spots).

GMen are healthy especially at WR with the trio, game will be difficult but can easily win this game if Eli and the defense continues playing at this high level and not make any mental mistakes (49ers defense creates offense for them especially with the field position they provide).

I expect this game to be a game won in the teens or low 20s

The giants got a mulligan with the packers. point blank, nobody can argue that. those weren't the packers, you guys won't get that lucky with the niners being like that this sunday

roll.gif
 why do you think rodgers ran so much? because his WRs were covered well....and why was that? because the giants dont need to blitz rodgers like most team do most of the game was their front 4 and the few times they did blitz they got to him.....on 4th and 5 did rodgers get sacked? was that giants talent? i think so....has a team gotten it once this post season going for it on 4th vs the giants? i guess they dont get credit for that.....they giants did a great job covering their guys i dont want to hear about drops yes they had higher than normal for them but rodgers did miss guys and when a team has a great pass rush guess what its natural for the qb to throw just a big quicker.....and that jennings drop in endzone rolle was right there might have knocked it out if he did catch it

you want to beat the giants get your run game going if not your qb is going to make mistakes, get sacked and not see any open guys

T-Minus 48 Hrs till Kickoff 
pimp.gif

Was thinking about the game all day today at work "My body is ready"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

This thread is ridiculous, how can you say the Saint's d line is better than the Giants d line? Either way, we're healthy and our team is full of confidence. Week 10 was the first time they let Alex Smith throw on first down and he threw a lot that game, caught us off guard. We didn't have Michael Boley in that who is no pro bowler but he's huge for us. Blackburn is playing well and I don't think that Niners secondary will hold up. Our secondary will hold up because of our pass rush applying so much pressure and Gore isn't running the ball effectively, UNDER 100 yards in the last 8 games. Also, let's not forget that Mario Manningham dropped a game tying TD in the end zone a few plays before Justin Smith batted the ball down on the last play.

-Boley can't guard every part of the field, let alone Vernon Davis.-Your coaches never adjusted to our play-calling offensively, but, that's irrelevant now.-Our secondaries are solid but, they are known to give up some yards, let's see if Eli can even make good decisions under pressure. Brees is a better quarterback and he had a better Oline so I doubt Eli will have his way. You guys will have to have a successful running game and Eli will have to stay poised under pressure, which is something he is known to cave in to.-Gore has been hurt, so we rested him a little more and had Hunter take the load for the most part. This is why Alex Smith has been throwing more which in turn made him a more confident quarterback. So he is a different player than he was in week 10. The defense won us the week 10 game, but, Alex Smith finished off the Saints in the 4th quarter last week.

Eli has been poised under pressure all season long, and for a team that does not like to blitz and rush 3, he will have time to throw so the 49ers secondary will have to be on their game.

GMen have one of the worst run blocking offensive linemen in the league, but they are pretty solid protecting the QB (have hiccups on the edge at times but usually early on in the game).

If its a close game in the 4th quarter, I like my chances the way Eli has been playing this whole season.

Throughout this week i've heard several analysts say the same thing "that wasn't the packers". Think what you want, throw 16 different smilies and gif's at me. It wasn't the packers, just because NT doesn't agree, doesn't make it fact.

I clearly said AS FAR AS PRESSURE. THE GIANTS CANT AND WON'T BRING PRESSURE LIKE THE SAINTS DID.

I swear you guys nit pick my posts searching for something to throw in my face, in the end making yourselves look dumb

Giants without question have a more talented D-line. Saints bring more pressure

reading.....is......fundamental

For real, why does glasses have to be a Niners fan?? Son really said the Saints' D-line is just as good if not better than the Giants? As much as I want to believe that, you obviously don't watch enough football or don't have any knowledge about the game. Please, do us a favor and don't rep the Niners in these threads. Just stay talking about your bread and how much you hate Mez because you're giving us all a bad rap. This thread is pure comedy though, I usually avoid game threads because I can't bear just talking about it and the game seeming like ages from now.
laugh.gif

That said, my main concern has to be the O-line. I'm in NYC so I catch a lot of Giants games on TV (even though I've watched every Niners game this season through streams, HOLL@) and their front 4 is one of the best, if not the best, in the NFL. Niners fans have seen Alex get crushed so many times due to poor O-line play or him holding onto the ball for too long. A typical 3-step of 5-step drop takes forever for him but after last week, hopefully he now has some confidence to make throws that he previously never thought to make. I don't think I've seen him throw a laser like the one he threw to VD for the game-winner last week EVER. He's going to have to read and point out the iso-1v1 coverages quickly otherwise...it'll be a long, long day for us. Franky no-knees has to set the tone and get the Giants to start playing the run and then the Niners can run play action to catch them off guard. The G-men's secondary played mad well against the Packers regardless of the pressure the line applied on Aaron Rodgers. Our defense will always bring the heat so I'm not worried one bit about the Giants' offense. Jacobs and Bradshaw does not scare me AT ALL. If we can pick Drew Breezy twice, we can do the same to Eli.

Don't forget we have our secret weapon we've held close to our hearts all these years - Mr. Andy Lee. Field position game helped us all year. Bet it'll continue on this week.

Glasses, venomlyrix, and shatterkneesinc have been suspended.  Who's next? 

Insults/personal attacks aren't allowed on NT. Cash bets aren't allowed on NT. If you guys want to discuss the game here - or maintain posting access period - you need to get keep your trash talk in check.

It's just a game and a sports team's accomplishments aren't YOUR accomplishments. Tone it down.

I contend that Henzo should also be suspended for attempting to tarnish a cultural artifact by selling it for the mere price of $1200. I believe $1200 would be a fair price for the use of his twitter handle for 14 minutes.

oh yea i like to keep reminding people that Stephen A Smith killed Eli for not demanding the giants resign Plaxicio before the season, calling him little manning saying he is not a leader...has anyone called out this bum? i cant understand how he still has a job at espn i hated this dude for years.........and this moron doesnt point out that the giants were 10-1 before plax shot himself with best record in NFC and despite losing 3 of their last 4 they still got the one seed but lost to philly w/o their star WR who has never been a pro bowler......giants now have 3 good young WRs that are all about the same talent wise(meaning the drop off is not that huge).......in 08 the talent level drop off from a non pro bowl plaxico to the 2 and 3 WRs was huge.....giants were never the same and lost to philly 23-11....plax wrecked that season......i'm not a forgive and forget person if i was Eli Manning and someone asked if i wanted plaxico back i would have laughed......i feel that he didnt want him back and who can blame forget the talent i wouldnt want to look at him, eli took the high road and skated around the questions while never saying get lost......

here is this foolish article

Eli dropped the ball with Plaxico
By Stephen A. Smith
ESPNNewYork.com

Just days after Plaxico Burress was released from prison, when he sat down inside the offices of the National Urban League, he talked about his respect for Eli Manning. His affection for Eli Manning. His desire to play with his former quarterback.
Yet, following what we witnessed this weekend, after all the words spewed out of Eli's mouth -- the very man who threw Burress that touchdown pass to win the Super Bowl back in February 2008 -- perhaps it's time to ask Burress what the hell was he thinking.
NFC title game: Giants at 49ers

The Giants are one win away from the Super Bowl. Giants Center » Blog »
• 50 Greatest Giants
And Manning, too.
Clearly, Burress has no clue what Manning truly feels about him, because if you believe the rhetoric that Manning was simply looking out for receivers already on New York's roster, consider yourself a stooge for the franchise's public relations machine.
You don't fail to call a former teammate while he rots in prison for 20 months if you like him. You don't fail to reach out to him once he's released. You certainly don't miss seeing that same teammate when he shows up for a visit at the team's training camp facility after a two-year absence. And you absolutely, positively don't sound off to reporters once it's brought to your attention:
"We are working around here," Manning told reporters over the weekend, when asked why he didn't make time to seek out Burress, like numerous other former teammates did. "I didn't know when he was in. I didn't know when he was meeting. If he was walking around the locker room, I probably would have seen him.
"I didn't know when he was here, or when he wasn't. I didn't know the circumstances. I got 10 receivers here that I'm trying to get prepared for practice today ... so that's what my focus is on."
Does anyone sense a problem here?
Evidently, Little Manning needs to take lessons from his big brother on how to be a big-time quarterback in this league. On how to lead!
Manning can sit and rest on his laurels all he wants, leaving others to pontificate on how he's passed for more than 4,000 yards each of the past two seasons, and how he's done so without the services of Burress.
Yet the Giants didn't make the playoffs either season. Mario Manningham, Steve Smith, Hakeem Nicks, regardless of how good they are, didn't necessarily measure up to the presence the 6-foot-5 Burress provided.
More importantly, the Giants haven't been the same without him. Primarily because even more of the focus has been placed on Manning. And at the very moment Manning was given another opportunity to step up and lead, look at what he does.

"I've never really lobbied for anybody," Manning explained. "So if this is the right spot for Plaxico, if the Giants and Coach Coughlin are pleased with his attitude after talking to him, then I'm happy to have him. But I'm preparing with the guys we have right here right now."
Where is the chorus singing about Manning's cluelessness?
Doesn't anyone understand it's not about lobbying for Burress? It's about standing up and taking a position, one way or another, instead of dismissing it as a Giants issue. But acting as if it's not your own?  
If you don't want Burress, say so! If there's a problem lingering from the past, speak on it! If you're so confident with the receivers you have, tell us who (so we can laugh about it!).
'The Stephen A. Smith Show'

Catch Stephen A. on 1050 ESPN, weeknights from 7 to 9 ET. More »

Manning is the star quarterback for this team. He's the one who could use Burress the most. What's more important is that even if he doesn't think so, several of his teammates (Justin Tuck, Osi Umenyiora, Brandon Jacobs, etc.) do feel Burress could've helped the Giants. At the very least, they believe he garnered enough respect, at least as a human being and former teammate, to be granted the common courtesy of a greeting.
It all speaks to the issue of recruitment. Of getting other players to want to come and play for a franchise because you are the face of that franchise. They want to play with you.
To be oblivious to the significance of that is to exhibit a level of detachment we've all suspected and lamented for far too long.
It's made only worse by the fact that his brother, Peyton, just refrained from taking more money, specifically, so the Indianapolis Colts could use the extra cash to keep players they already had and sign others they want -- which is the epitome of leadership. Receivers want to play for Peyton, for Tom Brady, for Drew Brees.
Yet, knowing all of that, listen to what Little Manning reportedly said:
"[Plaxico] has been here before. It's going to come down to what Coach Coughlin thinks ... and if ownership here has put everything behind and [is] ready to turn into a new page."
So, in other words, the responsibility of assembling a team, making sure everyone's on the same page and enthused about playing with one another falls solely on the shoulders of coach Tom Coughlin and general manager Jerry Reese.
Huh?
With that kind of attitude, no wonder the Giants have been absent from the postseason the last two years, sitting around while the New York Jets steal all the headlines. No wonder there are such minimal expectations for them this season.
We'll see how this season plays for Eli Manning, and whether or not another 4,000-yard season will be accompanied by 25 interceptions and a third consecutive season of watching the playoffs with the rest of us.
"I like our receivers here," Manning said. "I think we have a great crew, very talented, they work hard."
Fair enough.
Now we'll get to see how it all shakes out. If it's more of the same, we certainly know who to blame.

roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom