OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe 88 numbers may be better than TOs in some statistical categories. To me it's a shame he didn't make the first opportunityhe had.

but he doesnt. TO has more tds and yards. TO didnt get in first ballot because of his off field antics. on the field, 88 was good but he was no TO. 88 has a ring and TO doesnt so im sure it played a role too. i just dont get how 88 goes in before TO. cot damn shame :{

So off the field antics shouldn't play a part in getting in?

For the record on my end, he should be in over MH. Just curious what you think about that.

I believe 88 numbers may be better than TOs in some statistical categories. To me it's a shame he didn't make the first opportunityhe had.

but he doesnt. TO has more tds and yards. TO didnt get in first ballot because of his off field antics. on the field, 88 was good but he was no TO. 88 has a ring and TO doesnt so im sure it played a role too. i just dont get how 88 goes in before TO. cot damn shame :{

So off the field antics shouldn't play a part in getting in?

For the record on my end, he should be in over MH. Just curious what you think about that.

no. what does his off field antics have to do with what he did on the field? any player for that matter. the hall of fame is for players who were legends on the field not by all that extra stuff. i get that he was drama. i followed his entire career. when that ball was kicked off though, he was a beast, arguably the 2nd greatest receiver of all time, and dude gave you everything he had. cot damn shame. they need to make these votes public so these dudes could be slandered :{

I suspect that's a big reason as why they don't. Like I said, just curious about your thoughts on that.

But Marvin Harrison was involved in someone getting shot though?

So being a great Teammate means more to the voters than shooting people?

Good to see my man Marvin Harrison get in though. One of my favorite players growing up...and a good dude. North Philly :hat.

TO is a perfect example of the bias the media plays in the HOF voting process. It's also another reason why someone like Calvin Johnson probably has a better chance at being a 1st ballot HOFer when the time comes. I'm in no way saying it's right or fair, but when you give guys like Peter King the ability to decide who ultimately gets enshrined, this is the result.

There is no character clause in football unlike baseball, that's my biggest problem here

Voters should be mandated to speak to the media...oh wait, they are the media

It'll just be more motivation for Winston.

TO will get in eventually. His mouth just kept him out but you know its that media bias.

T.O. being snubbed doesn't make any sense unless the voters are on some sanctimonious MLB HOF voter type steeze :{

I'm still dumbfounded at how my man Ty Law doesn't get ANY love from the HOF voters when he has the most INT's in playoff history :{.
But Marvin Harrison was involved in someone getting shot though?

So being a great Teammate means more to the voters than shooting people?

Dude got sued by a drug dealer...how shady must you be for a damn dealer to pursue legal proceedings against you? :lol

Same dude talked to E:60 for their Marrison piece and he ended up getting shot dead 2 days later...

Last edited:
anyone want to participate? RIP to your liver 
laugh.gif

Glad Harrison and Dungy got in. They did a lot for the colts :hat

Damn shame what they are doing to T.O. but no one should be surprised. Dudes on here been called it.

Dude is undeniably top 5 along with #88

Last edited:
Thought it was known TO wouldn't get in this year. The NFL and the media hates him. He'll get in.

Happy Marvin got in. He was phenomenal. People were stunned that he wasn't there last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom