OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe those rumors about Marvin were true, dude has been ghost for years from the public eye. Would be crazy if he doesn't show up for the induction ceremony :lol:

I hope Cam wears those gold cleats in game, oh wait Roger doesn't let players do fun stuff like that...

Yea...I'm good on saying his gov name :lol:

If you're Denver,do you tag Brock or Von in the offseason?

Last edited:
Marvin didn't get in over TO. Marvin had to wait, TO will wait. Most WRs don't get in their first try. Moss wasn't hated as much as TO but I don't think he'll get in his first try either.

Forte on the Pats would be scary but I don't see him taking that much of a pay cut.

I think Von is getting tagged. He wants a lot of money. Brock didn't do **** to deserve a tag. Would never pay Brock 15-20 mil for a year.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Mike Carey's last call? With CBS job on the line ex-ref needs a Super performance

CBS Sports brass has stood by Mike Carey, the network’s NFL officiating analyst and recipient of major criticism during two seasons on the job. This show of support doesn’t guarantee he will be back next season.

Industry sources say despite its very public vote of confidence, CBS has not yet decided whether to commit to bringing Carey back for the 2016 season.

Does this mean the former NFL referee is “playing” for his job on Super Bowl Sunday, when he will be analyzing officials calls, rules interpretations, and first-guessing replay reviews during Panthers-Broncos?

Not necessarily. Still, a big-time effort by Carey will help his cause. If he doesn’t deliver, well, that will leave a memory of failure, which might swing the vote the other way.

On a day when everyone involved in the telecast is on the spot, Carey’s seat is hottest of them all.

He recently has taken issue with critics who focus on how his predictions on the outcome of replay reviews don’t mesh with the final decisions. Carey claims his decisions match up 90% of the time. Neither we, nor anyone else, can quibble with his stats. For neither we, nor anyone else ragging on him, has charted every single one of his “calls” over a two-year period.

Anyway, his failed predictions are not our issue. Carey is not alone when it comes to NFL analysts blowing first-guesses of an upcoming play or a take on a coach’s strategy. Carey’s problem runs much deeper. He’s not a smooth communicator (that’s being kind), which is a drawback when you earn your living on television (duh).

What magnifies this deficiency is the subject matter Carey is dealing with — complex NFL rules better suited for a Popular Mechanics manual. Not only does Carey have trouble simplifying these rules, so even Aunt Irma can understand what the hell he’s talking about, he sounds nervous attempting to do it.

The combination is lethal — cringe inducing. By the time he slogs through his analysis you’ve mentally tuned him out.

Carey does have something major going for him. He is likeable. In an era where many game and studio analysts come off as self-indulgent bloviators, Carey is just a regular guy — a nice guy. That counts for something.

He needs much more than likability on Super Bowl Sunday. Mike Carey needs a career defining moment, a clutch performance.

Needs it bad.

@Rapsheet: One reason Von Miller will get tagged: He wants to be the highest paid defensive player in football. Means Osweiler could hit the market tho

@Rapsheet: One reason Von Miller will get tagged: He wants to be the highest paid defensive player in football. Means Osweiler could hit the market tho

Can't see Elway letting Brock test the waters. Question is, will Brock really want to when he has a (likely) sure job in Denver :nerd: .

Terrell Owens ‏@terrellowens 11h11 hours ago Oakland, CA
@thurmanthomas @ShannonSharpe Not disappointed but disrespected. Bunch of pencil pushers that get to weigh in on a sport they didn't play

TO ain't getting in next year :lol:

I remember reading that article, and thinking, na not Marvin :lol:

Just never know.

for real :lol:

Marvin looks like the friendly neighbor out watering his grass in his robe that you chat it up with when you go to get the newspaper

Thats the perfect cover for people to do some sketchy ****. One day you turn on the news and it's "Local friendly subaruban neighbor guy *that wears turtlenecks and loafers* was caught with 500 pounds of blow."

Last edited:
Yea...I'm good on saying his gov name :lol:

If you're Denver,do you tag Brock or Von in the offseason?

von. i have a feeling that brock will want to stay and denver will offer a fair contract. von wants a kings ransom. hes earned it. they will go back and forth until they get the numbers right. those 2 are priority. due to this some other free agents might not wait around for those deals to get done.

Terrell Owens ‏@terrellowens 11h11 hours ago Oakland, CA
@thurmanthomas @ShannonSharpe Not disappointed but disrespected. Bunch of pencil pushers that get to weigh in on a sport they didn't play

TO ain't getting in next year :lol:

welp. thats why he didnt get in. hes says what he needs to say. probably not a good thing to say that to the voters that will put you in. would of waited until elected then i would have dragged them through the mud. not before though.

I believe 88 numbers may be better than TOs in some statistical categories. To me it's a shame he didn't make the first opportunityhe had.

but he doesnt. TO has more tds and yards. TO didnt get in first ballot because of his off field antics. on the field, 88 was good but he was no TO. 88 has a ring and TO doesnt so im sure it played a role too. i just dont get how 88 goes in before TO. cot damn shame :smh:

Marvin Harrison has more receptions and higher yards per game.

The average Harrison season 85 receptions 1121 yards 10 touchdowns

The average Owens season 72 receptions 1062 yards 10 touchdowns

Its really just Terrell Owens having longevity over Harrison.

c'mon now, Marvin Harrison played with Peyton Manning his entire career outside a year or two

Last edited:

c'mon now, Marvin Harrison played with Peyton Manning his entire career outside a year or two

So?

Most great players play with other great players and help elevate the play of others.

Having Peyton helped Marvin Harrison but having a great receiver like Harrison helped Peyton's development too.

Just like Terrell Owens having a mentor like Jerry Rice and receiving passes from Steve Young helped.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom