Official NFL Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

nah fam...unless he makes some major changes (which he prolly wont) Matt Jones is done....dude has ZERO instinct as a football player....coaches always say you cant teach 'want to'

I like the Porter move though.....dude can catch.....for some reason I've followed him in Oakland.....I expect this Williamson dude to shape up to....at least into something solid.....the Jags receivers coach has done a good job.

Got Porter/Williams for those end zone catches, Williamson as a burner and Northcutt as a slot... add in Gerrard throwing 'em the rock and the best 1-2 RB punch in the NFL and I think yall's offense could end up being highly efficient this year.

Word? Them dudes in Purple beg to differ...

^^@@%@$ lucky he aint goin to the Arena League.
laugh.gif

but nah, he aint sure, he fast as *%*! so he'll keep a job.

My boy Mike Gaines is a FA too

The Jets offering a 31 yr old Faneca only a 4 yr deal is smart imo...dude is a BEAST, and while he is on the tail end of his prime (maybe even slightly pastit) 4 yrs looks a lot better than 5 or 6...20 mil guarenteed tho...my goodness...

LT - Ferguson RG - Faneca C - Mangold...very, very nice...

Edit*...SMH AGAIN at the Jets movin Vilma...that was my dude right there...

Originally Posted by truthmain

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

nah fam...unless he makes some major changes (which he prolly wont) Matt Jones is done....dude has ZERO instinct as a football player....coaches always say you cant teach 'want to'

I like the Porter move though.....dude can catch.....for some reason I've followed him in Oakland.....I expect this Williamson dude to shape up to....at least into something solid.....the Jags receivers coach has done a good job.

Got Porter/Williams for those end zone catches, Williamson as a burner and Northcutt as a slot... add in Gerrard throwing 'em the rock and the best 1-2 RB punch in the NFL and I think yall's offense could end up being highly efficient this year.

Word? Them dudes in Purple beg to differ...

Word? Them dudes might be high as hell. Adrian Peterson is the truth. Chester Taylor is lucky he has that offensive line.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

So what does acquiring Tatum Bell mean in regards to Barber/McFadden?

Cowboys going after Tatum Bell? I guess that would mean Barber is being traded and packaged for the Dolphins 1st round, and Tatum Bell will back upMcFadden (or vice versa).
pimp.gif

yea berrian could go to minnesota because of the money but why wouldnt the bears match? they have the money...unless they plan to get stallworth, but i dontsee him wanting to come to chicago...the last "big" move the bears made in free agency was signing mushin mohammed and roberto garza lol the bears gmand front office is a joke...the d is aging a bit, urlacher makes that d work for the most part and who knows how long he'll be able to stay healthy andrunnin sideline to sidelin and mike brown never stays healthy..the time to win is now!! they need to get more active

Originally Posted by blackredxiiigoat

Edit*...SMH AGAIN at the Jets movin Vilma...that was my dude right there...

2004 Rookie of the Year: 108 tackles, 2 sacks, and 3 interceptions, including one which was returned for his first NFL touchdown.
2005: Lead NFL in tackles with 173, 4 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovery, .5 sacks, and 1 interception.
2006: 114 tackles, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery, and 1 interception.
I'll miss Vilma
ohwell.gif
I wish him luck in NO.

Bell would be a change up to MB3...not so much to DMac.

If that happens, I don't see the cowboys moving up

As far as berrian, he's very talented but extremely unfocused...

He's known for running the wrong routes and giving up easily.

Looks like the bears are restructuring to me. Or need to atleast.

The Cincinnati Bengals, who acquired defensive tackle Shaun Rogers in a trade with the Detroit Lions on Friday afternoon, reached a three-year agreement withlinebacker Dhani Jones.

The Bengals traded third-round and fifth-round draft picks to Detroit to acquire Rogers.

Jones and linebacker Landon Johnson were two of the team's priorities to re-sign once free agency started Friday morning. Jones, who signed with theBengals during the 2007 season after a number of linebacker injuries, was the first to reach an agreement. Talks continue with Johnson, who is an unrestrictedfree agent.

The Bengals lost safety Madieu Williams to the Vikings early Friday morning when he agreed to a six-year, $33 million contract.

Was that posted?

yessir ... tatum bell is a solid back up rb and bette rthan JJ imo ... looks like we are keeping the barbarian and we have two late 1st round draft picks whichis better than a top 5 imo ... we are gonna go get kenny pghillips and rodg-cro watch

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

yessir ... tatum bell is a solid back up rb and bette rthan JJ imo ... looks like we are keeping the barbarian and we have two late 1st round draft picks which is better than a top 5 imo ... we are gonna go get kenny pghillips and rodg-cro watch

I don't think neither kenny philips nor rocro will be there but we'll see.

ESPNEWS bottom has ESPN's.com Michael Smith reporting that Jets and G Alan Faneca have agreed to a 4 year deal.

I just saw this on Jets forums I post on. I have on ESPN News though, waiting to see i for myself.

.... Asante Samuel is an Eangle, by the way.

buggz- i know he drops balls from time to time and ive seen him give up on a couple routes and ive even seen him not hustle at times...i am not sayin hes greatlol hes far from it...but where is the help at receiver gonna come from? the earliest they could possibly draft a wr is probably the 3rd...now u cant count ona 3rd round pick to come in and make an immediate impact and thats what the bears need...i like bradley but not as a no. 1 and i definitely dont like hester asno. 2...then wat r we lookin at? rashied davis in the slot?? lol
smh.gif

Man, good day to be a Jets fan. Finally, the Jets Front Office makes moves and deals, and on the first day of Free Agency at that!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by STRIFE O

buggz- i know he drops balls from time to time and ive seen him give up on a couple routes and ive even seen him not hustle at times...i am not sayin hes great lol hes far from it...but where is the help at receiver gonna come from? the earliest they could possibly draft a wr is probably the 3rd...now u cant count on a 3rd round pick to come in and make an immediate impact and thats what the bears need...i like bradley but not as a no. 1 and i definitely dont like hester as no. 2...then wat r we lookin at? rashied davis in the slot?? lol
smh.gif

Yea I know man, the bears are screwed IMO. I heard a couple years ago that bradley was being groomed for #1, but even as a sooners fan I'm still notsure about that. Hopefully hester can step it up.

They really need to restructure though, Oline fell off, their QB and RB situation has to be the worst in the league, and berrian doesn't help hisQB's much.

On the bright side, they got 2 good TE's.

And their D is good if certain players could stay healthy (but that's not gonna happen)

Back
Top Bottom