Official NFL Offseason Thread

Do u want the Raiders to sign Bryant Johnson cuz u think he's just that good or because he's the only WR available left?

I'd rather see Al draft a WR with greater potential than 40 catches/ yr.
I think Bryant Johnson is a decent WR and is better than Jerry Porter (pretty much all hype, minimal production.. he would have games where hewould tear it up and put up 2-3 tds, then have 1 catch the next game).. Johnson is intriguing bc we don't know what he knows that he is coming in theseason as a starter...Do I think hes gonna be a top WR in the league? No... but I rather sign him than the raiders paying bernard berrian an upsurd amount ofmoney (THANK GOD the vikings signed him before he made his trip to Oakland)

With all that being said.. your right.. Big Al should draft a WR of the future.. and I say that if Sam Baker isn't around when the Raiders pick in round2.. a WR should be drafted.. I definately think James Hardy, Devin Thomas or Early Doucet will be around.. one of them will be there for sure (I think it willbe Doucet unless he has a hell of a pro day).. Other guys I like are Andre Caldwell & Lavelle Hawkins but then again.. these 2 probably will be 40 catch ayear WRs in the league too.. but Caldwell is definately intriguing

Late Pass if needed but I heard the Browns just signed Donte Stallworth
eek.gif

eek.gif
Bears trade Brian Griese to the bucs
roll.gif

The New York Jets have agreed to a six-year, $42 million deal with DE/LB Calvin Pace.

[h4]Hashmarks[/h4]ESPN.com's Matt Mosley, Mike Sando and Pat Yasinskas are following the NFL free-agency frenzy and sharing their thoughts. Get the latest news from the always updated Hashmarks.

Pace, a five-year Arizona Cardinals veteran. began his career as a defensive end before moving to linebacker in a 3-4 front in 2007.

Pace will receive a $20 million signing bonus, with $22 million of the deal guaranteed.

He chose between offers from the Dolphins and Jets.

Len Pasquarelli covers the NFL for ESPN.com

%!%, how the hell does Clavin Pace get 22 million Guaranteed?

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

Boston talk radio is reporting Moss & ____ agree to 3 year-27 mil deal.....
I give up, the NFL is rigged.

You mean to tell me, that Randy f'n Moss is making a whopping $1.1 mil a year more than BERNARD BERRIAN and NO ONE could offer him a larger contract than 3year/27-mil? What the hell kind of crap is that?

Good job Titans at being the most inactive, $40 mil under the cap team in the history of professional sports.
indifferent.gif
I hope you guys make it deep in the AFC South with Justin Gage.
laugh.gif

I am not even sure he knows.

In regards to Moss, John Tomase is a moron and just needed to get that out of the way. I think it was his intention to stay here the whole time and if thePats put a reasonable number in front of him he was going to take it. Moss probably didn't get alot of attention on the open market because teams knew hewas going back to New England, so there most likey weren't many serious offers. Time to get that 81 jersey now that he'll be here a few more years.

That's it? Alge is Vince Young's only go-to weapon?
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Titans and Bears are like the only NFL teams without any real receivers. I wouldn't be surprised for bth teams to have a low-scoring affair when they meetin Chicago next season.

Originally Posted by TrillipinoTrapstar

That's it? Alge is Vince Young's only go-to weapon?
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Titans and Bears are like the only NFL teams without any real receivers. I wouldn't be surprised for bth teams to have a low-scoring affair when they meet in Chicago next season.

So sad... Titans went 10-6 this last season with like zero offense other than doughboy, and a QB who had almost 3x as many turnovers as TD's. I figuredthey grab Moss and Alge, along with the defense they've already got, and you're lookin at a solid team.

Now? Defense is gonna be bailin the team out another season

EDIT - But I also agree with what Shannon said... why leave the Pats when you've got a good QB, will get your numbers, and make it to the postseason yetagain?

tell me HOW THE %+%@ CALVIN PAVE GOT PAID?!!!

Somebody, anybody, tell me why Moss is only gettin 27 mil? DO teams know something we dont?

very confused today, but maybe its cus i got my wisdom teeth out and i doubled my painkiller dosage
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by offbad

damien woody signed by jets if not posted already

Mangini going with Patriot retreads. Woody fell off hard (nh) but he got paid when he signed with the Lions.

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

Time to get that 81 jersey now that he'll be here a few more years.

^word, I held out last year with the thought that he might bounce and go to the Colts or something
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

eek.gif
Bears trade Brian Griese to the bucs
roll.gif

Terms of the deal are not known, but it is expected the Bears will receive a draft pick in 2009.

The Chicago Bears have done nothing on the offensive side....I mean, are they truly gonna go into the 08 season with no recievers that have caught more than 20balls in a season ?? I agree with not signing Berrian to the insane deal, but geeez, has the front office ever heard of a back-up plan. On top of that, theymade no effort to sign Mike Turner.

What the bloody hell is going on here?

Wow at the Jets giving Pace over 20 million in guaranteed money, they can have him for that

Im glad he aint get that from Miami

smh.gif
at all these teams over spending on mediocre talent

Mewelde can play. He gets so little respect.

smh.gif
Calvin Pace. Jesus Christ. this off season is ridiculous.

Houston Texans Key Offseason Moves: Jacques Reeves..

I'm sorry who??? The way most of you guys massacred him during the season, this dude is probably not going to be an upgrade from Demarcus Faggins.. Can weplease just draft a CB in the 3rd round.. I'm pretty sure we can find another gem to play along Fred Bennett..

Needless to say, I'm not happy about the money Pace got it...

but, I think he's a good fit, and we needed somebody.

Offers more options for the draft too...

we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom