Official NFL Offseason Thread

smh.gif
Alge's agent is now denying the report that Crumpler signed withTennessee.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

GMs are lovin this extra cap space so much they're goin out and overspending for avg and unproven players. ;{

I %+%+ with Donte Stallworth but his contract is far too generous

arent the Titans more than 40 mil under the cap or did I hear that wrong? them boys should be OD'n on CBs and WRs in either the draft or FAs
Naw Gunna, you're right... they got 40+ mil under the cap, and ain't done $$%* but sign Crumpler so far. Crump is the man, but when ur mainreceiver is Justin Gage, you aint going NOWHERE.

That, and Philly is hell bent on trying to trade for a top tier WR with Lito Sheppard... keep Lito, sign Moss, end of story. Hell, trade Lito for some picksand sign Moss.

EDIT - I just checked on the Titans moves so far this offseason, other than Crump and some extensions/tenders they ain't done jack. 42 mil under the cap,with Randy f'n Moss in free agency and you ain't offerin him a big-time, front-heavy contract?
indifferent.gif
And they released David Givens, so I wasn't playin when I said JustinGage is the #1 WR... Justin Gage ain't gonna cut %*%+ in the AFC South, and thats the truth.

[h3]Lito Sheppard/Other Stuff[/h3]
I mentioned Lito Sheppard a few days ago as a possibility and indeed it was. Despite the fact the Eagles are in the NFC East, Philadelphia has contacted Washington several times about Sheppard in recent weeks - more or less since the combine - knowing the ******** have a need at CB.

The ******** rebuffed Philly, however, league sources said. They do not want to do a huge contract right now, they have concerns about Sheppard's ability to stay healthy and they are not inclined to give up high draft picks right now. Philly was probing around on Shawn Springs, hoping to pry him, sources said, with the Eagles believing he could be highly effective at corner as well as safety with them already honing in on Asante Samuel quite some time ago. (The ********, meantime, had a lengthy dinner with agent Peter Schaffer during the combine - Schaffer is a big-time guy and Sheppard happens to be a client of his. While I do not know specifically if Sheppard's name came up during that meeting, several parties who happened to be in the same Indy restaurant that night believe it did. Regardless, the Skins have shown no desire to deal for him at this time and the Eagles continue to shop Sheppard).

Sorry if it's been posted.

Anyways, I'm surprised that Vinny and co have been quiet so far....I still expect something nuts to happen though.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Sources: Bengals send picks to Jets for Robertson[/h1]The New York Jets and Cincinnati Bengals have agreed to terms on a trade that would send defensive tackle Dewayne Robertson to the Bengals in exchange for Cincinnati's fourth- and fifth-round picks (Nos. 114 and 151) in the upcoming draft, according to league sources.
6340.jpg

Robertson

Completion of the trade is contingent upon Robertson agreeing to a new contract -- he had two years remaining on his rookie deal with New York -- and passing a physical, though neither is expected to hold up the deal, which could be finalized as early as Monday.

On Friday the Bengals had a deal in place to acquire Lions defensive tackle Shaun Rogers in exchange for third- and fifth-round picks, but that trade fell through when it did not meet league approval. The Lions then traded Rogers to the Bengals' in-state rivals, the Browns, for a third rounder and cornerback Leigh Bodden.

In Robertson, 26, the Bengals, hoping to improve a defense that has ranked higher than 27th in yards allowed once in the past five seasons, will get a player who isn't as big or as dominant as Rogers has been in his first five season. But Robertson is just as hungry for a fresh start. Robertson, 6-foot-1 and 310 pounds, should be a better fit as a penetrating "3-technique" tackle in Cincinnati's 4-3 scheme than he had been in the Jets' 3-4 the past two years.

In an interesting twist, the Bengals will have on their roster two of the first four picks in the 2003 draft. In fact, Cincinnati selected quarterback Carson Palmer first overall that year from among a group of four finalists that also included Robertson, whom Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis (along with many other personnel evaluators) is said to have loved coming out of the University of Kentucky.

Robertson will be the fifth interior defensive lineman to be dealt for at least one draft pick since Friday, joining Corey Williams (Packers to Browns), Kris Jenkins (Panthers to Jets), Marcus Stroud (Jaguars to Bills) and Rogers. Some do not consider the 2008 draft to be deep at the defensive tackle position, thus several teams have decided to instead spend pick on a veteran.

Michael Smith covers the NFL for ESPN.

pimp.gif
Cap room...

• Rumor: Miami is offering former Cardinals LB Calvin Pace a contract w/ $20 Mill GUARANTEED.
  • RB Warrick Dunn is requesting a release following the the signing of Michael Turner (SI.com)
  • FS Eugene Wilson is meeting w/ Pittsburgh on Monday, NYJets on Tuesday, and Tennessee on Wednesday
Edit: Apparently Miami isn't the only team offering Pace that much:
The Jets could get a decision from Cards OLB Calvin Pace, who is in town for a visit. The Dolphins also are involved with Pace, creating a pupil-versus-teacher bidding war - Mike Tannenbaum vs. Bill Parcells. I'm hearing the Jets have an excellent chance to land him, with the guaranteed money approaching $20 million. That's sick money for a player with less than two seasons of starting experience. (I can hear the cynics, saying, "Big deal, they pay that much to rookies.") Pace (6-4, 272), drafted in the first round in 2003 as a defensive end, has started less than 1-1/2 seasons at linebacker, but the 3-4 teams are fawning over him.
Source

smh.gif
I see we're getting ahead of ourselves....
tired.gif

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Bears are so !%+$#++ stupid.

I mean thank god they brought back Briggs
Chi
But we barely made an attempt at Berrian and on top of that we didnt get Chicago-born Michael Turner to play RB meaning we will once again have no offense because of no running game, still no QB, and we lost our #1 WR to FA after cutting Muhammed.,
We neeed Hester to come up big as not only a KR now but also a WR.
indifferent.gif
pimp.gif

And we better bring back Ayabadejo, i would fire Angelo
mad.gif

You must've missed the memo:

"The Chicago Bears will play the 2008 National Football League Season without any wide-recievers."

Bad fit in 3-4 and he was due $11Mill this season.

He can be a 6 sack/year guy in a good situation.

I think we got hosed; He's worth more than a 4th & 5th

wow we need to sign randy ASAP. kelley washington is gone, stallworth is gone, our WR depth will become a weakness if he doesnt sign quick. i appreciated whatwes welker did for us last season, but there is no way he should be 1 or even 2 on the depth charts, despite his production last season. hopefully chad jacksoncan actually do something this season

also jet fans, i think you guys overspent for faneca. the steelers are notorious for letting players go who have past their prime, and given the faneca is aGUARD, how you gonna make him the HIGHEST PAID LINEMAN in all of football. the guy isnt even a tackle, which imo is a much more important and skilled position.why couldnt you guys have just given pete kendall that few extra million instead of overpaying for a guy who is clearly on the decline (lets face it, fanecawas a PB'er this year based on name alone)

Originally Posted by checkoutmygrill

wow we need to sign randy ASAP. kelley washington is gone, stallworth is gone, our WR depth will become a weakness if he doesnt sign quick. i appreciated what wes welker did for us last season, but there is no way he should be 1 or even 2 on the depth charts, despite his production last season. hopefully chad jackson can actually do something this season

also jet fans, i think you guys overspent for faneca. the steelers are notorious for letting players go who have past their prime, and given the faneca is a GUARD, how you gonna make him the HIGHEST PAID LINEMAN in all of football. the guy isnt even a tackle, which imo is a much more important and skilled position. why couldnt you guys have just given pete kendall that few extra million instead of overpaying for a guy who is clearly on the decline (lets face it, faneca was a PB'er this year based on name alone)

I don't mind pay Faneca that much even tho he is a guard... He'll be a mentor to Mangold & Brick (just like Pete Kendall) on the left side andprovide leadership to the entire offensive line (something we were missing last year).

Only downside I see to him is he's bound to breakdown soon... Dude has played/started in every game for the Steelers since 2003.

About Kendall: all I can say is
smh.gif
. Tannenbaum *!!$%* up royally and we'repaying for it now.

Good move by the Jets for moving robertson, you get a 4th n 5th rounder and you dont have to pay him 11 mill.

Originally Posted by Jules300

Originally Posted by Dam itz Lou

Giants looking to replace toomer ? Toomer is turning 34 so they might be looking to get younger at WR. Walker been injured though so i dont know if thats good move for the Giants.

I wouldnt mind signing Knight for CHEAP, there aren't that many safetys out there.

Giants have steve smith so i wouldnt worry about replacing toomer anytime soon

Then who's gonna be in the slot ? I like smith in the slot, We get a proven WR for our #2 so smith could stay there. He'll eventually get his chancefor that #2 spot. He's only in his second year. The Giants almost never come out in 4 WR sets and if they do Shockey would be one of the WRs.
Besides Toomer getting old, he dropped alot of passes last year. He made all the hard ones but dropped alot of easy ones.
laugh.gif

I see Gift is back for the Cavalier playoff run
pimp.gif

Mike and Mike just reported the Steelers have mortgaged their future and have made Big Ben the richest Steeler ever. Im on my Q so i cant post no links yet.

I aint sold on this system QB.
smh.gif

...smh...I really thought Robertson was gonna do BIG things when we took him 4th overall...here we are a few seasons later getting only a 4th and a 5throunder...unbelievable...

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

pimp.gif

Mike and Mike just reported the Steelers have mortgaged their future and have made Big Ben the richest Steeler ever. Im on my Q so i cant post no links yet.

smh.gif

I got you...

Big $$$ For Big Ben

8 years, $102 million, 36 guaranteed.

Originally Posted by Jules300

Giants looking to replace toomer ? Toomer is turning 34 so they might be looking to get younger at WR. Walker been injured though so i dont know if thats good move for the Giants.

I wouldnt mind signing Knight for CHEAP, there aren't that many safetys out there.

Giants have steve smith so i wouldnt worry about replacing toomer anytime soon

Then who's gonna be in the slot ? I like smith in the slot, We get a proven WR for our #2 so smith could stay there. He'll eventually get his chance for that #2 spot. He's only in his second year. The Giants almost never come out in 4 WR sets and if they do Shockey would be one of the WRs.
Besides Toomer getting old, he dropped alot of passes last year. He made all the hard ones but dropped alot of easy ones.
laugh.gif
Maybe Sinorice?

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

pimp.gif

smh.gif

I got you...

Big $$$ For Big Ben

8 years, $102 million, 36 guaranteed.

eek.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom