Official NFL Offseason Thread

Sapp ain't a first ballot like Favre.
Almost 100 sacks as a DT. Defensive POY. Super Bowl Champion. I believe a 9 time Pro Bowler. He is 1st ballot.

Edit:

He was a 7 time Pro Bowler.

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

Almost 100 sacks as a DT. Defensive MVP. Super Bowl Champion. I believe a 9 time Pro Bowler. He is 1st ballot.

"Well, Dude..uh.....There you have it"
i would go more into it but im off to the gym dont get banned gunna and dre cause this is going to be comdey
roll.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

He's definitely going in, just not as soon as Favre.

If Cris Carter didn't get in on his 1st try, no way Sapp does

I can see where you're coming from, but I think he'll go first ballot. He has all the intangables to get into the HoF (7x Pro Bowler, Defensive PoY,Super Bowl ring, 2nd all-time sacks from the DT position).

laugh.gif
ejections? fines? attitude ...
smh.gif

this dude got ejected in damn near the last game of this yr, what the %!+! that got to do with hall of fame
fines? name the fines? for running thru a team warm up once.

attitude? name teammate of sapps who you have heard say Sapp was a bad teammate or had attitude problems.

Yea Mike, Im gettin out of this discussion right now. Shannon pretty much summed it all up

HE SHOULD BE A FIRST BALLOT.

But trend shows, it probably wont happen.

Mike Tirico was talkin about it on his show today. Favre is one of the all-time best overall NFL players, wheras, Sapp is one of the all-time best DTs.

I know a lot of y'all got this southern bias, but be real.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

laugh.gif
ejections? fines? attitude ...
smh.gif

this dude got ejected in damn near the last game of this yr, what the %!+! that got to do with hall of fame
fines? name the fines? for running thru a team warm up once.

attitude? name teammate of sapps who you have heard say Sapp was a bad teammate or had attitude problems.

Yea Mike, Im gettin out of this discussion right now. Shannon pretty much summed it all up

you mad dawggie? as i said the point i was trying to make was that a few bad instances can weigh heavily on HOF voters ... theres no doubt he has HOFnumbers, but there have been greater players left off a first ballot, regardless of numbers ... and smh at the great gunna thinkin that everyone loved thisdude ... he called out key a few times just to name one and he expressed that he didnt try as hard when the team had no shot of winning

Im guessing he means Farve is one of the best regardless of position....While Sapp is only one of the best DT's....

Which I don't agree w/ but hey.....

We all know HOF voters are just dumb...

it's not unreasonable to not think he won't get in first ballot...

(I think we all agree he SHOULD)

but if anyone watched first and 10 this morning.....you know what I mean, with that Granderson guy talking about his numbers aren't like Strahans orJ.Taylors..well he played DT...

If that's what voters are like and how un knowledgeable they are, it's not a stretch

Originally Posted by MrMundayNite

outacontrol music

I'm sorry but
indifferent.gif

Sapp is first ballot and its borderline ******ed to argue against that

Couldn't the same be said about Cris Carter though?

[h1]NFL threatens to suspend Sapp[/h1]
Associated Press

Updated: October 14, 2003, 10:35 PM ET

TAMPA, Fla. -- The NFL fined Tampa Bay defensive lineman Warren Sapp $50,000 on Tuesday for mistreating officials and threatened him with a suspensionif his behavior doesn't improve.
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
s3140.jpg
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td][size=-2]Sapp[/size][/td] [/tr][/table]
The six-time Pro Bowl selection called the action "unbelievable" and said he feels the league is trying to make an example of him.

"That's all this is about," Sapp said in a telephone interview. "In my nine years in this league, no one's been fined for verballyabusing officials. It's unprecedented."

Sapp hasn't decided if he'll appeal.

"Who do I appeal to?" the All-Pro tackle asked. "We're already at the highest level, the commissioner's office."

NFL director of game operations Peter Hadhazy issued the fine after reviewing Sapp's conduct in three games. Hadhazy said any further misconduct willresult in a suspension of at least one game.

Before last Sunday's game against Washington, Sapp bumped into an official as he entered the field during pregame warmups.

"There was absolutely no need for you to do so," Hadhazy stated in a letter to Sapp. "To the contrary, it is apparent that you deliberatelymade contact with the official. ... This misconduct occurred even though you had been strongly advised by the Buccaneers' management only days before torefrain from taking actions during the pregame warmups that were disruptive to your opponents, disrespectful to the game officials, and in violation of leaguerules regarding unsportsmanlike conduct."

Sapp said he "barely brushed" the official, who turned in his direction to begin moving up the sideline.

"It wasn't intentional. I tried to avoid him," Sapp said. "The ref didn't think anything of it because he knew -- just like I knew --that I didn't try to bump him."

In two earlier games this year, the NFL said Sapp used excessively abusive language to officials.

"Your continuing disrespectful and intimidating conduct has no place in the game," Hadhazy wrote. "You have repeatedly abused game officialsand ignored their directions and authority in at least three of the Buccaneers' games this season."

Sapp disputed that claim, too.

"They're going to fine me for something that happened a month ago? If I verbally abused somebody so bad, you would think there would have been awarning or something," Sapp said. "I just want to see the report and what I supposedly said."

The tackle took exception to the NFL's contention that he ignored directions and verbally abused game officials on Oct. 6 after they tried to warn himagainst disrupting the Indianapolis Colts' pregame routine.

The league pointed out that the incident before the Indianapolis game occurred three weeks after Sapp was penalized for verbal abuse of an official duringTampa Bay's 12-9 loss to Carolina on Sept. 14.

"I didn't say a word in the Indianapolis game. I just kept walking. ... I want to know how much that cost me. And how much did the Carolina gamecost me," Sapp said, adding that the league did not provide a breakdown.

The unsportsmanslike conduct penalty Sapp drew against Carolina occurred on a play in which the Bucs were using him as a tight end on offense.

The flag was thrown at the end of the play when Sapp said he was trying to draw attention to one of the Panthers grabbing Mike Alstott's face mask whenthe fullback was tackled after a short gain.

"You can see me [on replays] pointing at my teammate's face mask," Sapp said. "It's just unbelievable."

(just for arguments sake, and I couldn't actually find a single quote which pointed out Sapp as a bad teammate)

and smh at the great gunna thinkin that everyone loved this dude ... he called out key a few times just to name one and he expressed that he didnt try as hard when the team had no shot of winning

the key word is SAPP CALLED OUT KEYSHAWN. and what happened to Keyshawn, he got kicked off the team in Tampa .
Now tell me "who expressed he didnt try as hard when the team had no shot of winning?" If you say Sapp, ur full of ***%.

laugh.gif
using Keyshawn as some great judge of character. same guy who called out a 5'7 Wayne Chrebet who was puttin up similar numbers to the #1 draft pick
smh.gif

same guy ridiculing Marvin Harrison on the sideline of a game...
ohwell.gif

You can try to be condescending and add "Great" to my name ( like thats hurtful
laugh.gif
) , I dont really mind,
but I know more about Football than you do, plain and simple. so if that makes u call me great, Cool.
pimp.gif

but I know more about Football than you do, plain and simple. so if that makes u call me great, Cool.
to these NT kiddies yes, in real life ehhhh ... you called my next post as i sit here bored at work lol ... i was waiting for you to run to the"im all knowledgeable bs" ... im not 98% of these people on here i dont think youre a football god and i dont think you should work for ESPN ... ithink you watch football on sunday like we all do and use google and espn.com to your advantage like i could if i felt like it ... end of stotry ... sapp hadcharacter issues, league issues, teammate issues and is a DT ... like i said before, the whole point is NUMBER DONT GET YOU INTO THE HOF ALL THE TIME ... endof story ...

"WHY DON'T YOU PUT ON A JERSEY?!"

Sapp later called Sherman: "a lying, +@+%-eating hound. … If I was 25 years old and didn't have a kid and a conscience, I would have given him an#!#-kicking right there at the 30-yard line."

And lol, the skipping through the warmups..

dude was comedy

Nah, I didnt say Im all knowledgeable, I said I know more than YOU
Ive seen your posts, U dont have a clue on what you speak on more than half the time ...

Google, is that what you tell yourself to boost your ego?
laugh.gif

U be sittin there like, "that $%!@@ googled that $$+#, I know it!"

laugh.gif
U made my day fam

... JUST noticed you were being sarcastic
i know youre mad at yourself for helping my e-argument with gunna almighty lolololol ... its cool though i like brett favre too lololol

Back
Top Bottom