Official NFL Offseason Thread

Did anyone hear, Brett Favre retired???? I been looking thru ESPN all day, but I can't find anything on the story. Is it true?
frown.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by khoshabasfinest23

smh at javon walker signing in oakland. shows that he is really about the money. that team is going no where soon, all he sees is $$$$
This angered me. Dude could have signed with a team that has a chance to win, and he chose the money instead? Ridiculous. I know everyone got families and such, but he wouldn't have to play for free with Dallas, or Philly or wherever. He could still make money, try to win, and then take care of the money later if he does get himself a ring. Now, he'll just play out the string, collect his dough, and never matter in terms of history to the NFL. What a waste.
smh.gif

Football is a business my dude...

Don't give me that 'championship' %%@@....

These owners and gm's would dump a player at any given time w/ No remorse...They don't give a *##! about a player

And as a player your gotta remember this and act accordingly.....

Not really coming at you....Just that way of thinking....

My family's future > Possibility of a Championship

AND he fresh off a Knee Injury????/ [Clay Davis]SHEEEEEEEIIIIIITTTTT[Clay Davis]

laugh.gif
chuuuch

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

the funnier thing is, u can count on two hands how many times Ive even talked stats since I began Posting on NT back in like 03. I aint no stat fantasy type geek cuz they do not tell the whole story.
hollup hollup hollup, did you just make it that easy for me to dismiss your life from this thread? check the bolded text and then check the argument we were having ... lemme sum it up for you (wikipedia style), you basically said that because of STATS, warren sapp is for sure a first ballot HOF ... all i said was that there was other factors that are going to be considered and those factors will be the ONLY reason why he DOESNT get into the hall on the first ballot ... come on son you talkin in circles now, take the L, move on ...

No I didnt say stats is why Warren gets in,

Sapp gets in because of what he has done, the team he tunred around, the defense he took from crap to best Defense in the League. the players he made betteraround him.

Add his stats to Defensive player of the yr from the DT spot and the defense he lead. and like Nowitness added, Warren Sapp is a media darling, who voteson the Hall?
and as for stats, Im speakin on goin lookin up $%+# on google and basing anything I say football related on stats.
nice try, tho

Dre peep it.

Question: Xavier Lee isn't going back to Florida State.Where do you see him going, and is it possible he plays something other than quarterback?

[+] Enlarge

Jason Parkhurst/US Presswire

He couldn't beat out Drew Weatherford at FSU, so what makes Xavier Lee think he can play quarterback in the NFL?

Kiper: He couldn't establish himself at FSU -- which needed a quarterback -- so how is he going to be a quarterback in the NFL? Despitehis size (6-4, 235) and athleticism, he's been a major disappointment. I can't understand why Lee would not be receptive to moving to tight end. Thereare plenty of examples of players who converted from quarterback to tight end and went on to have success in the NFL. In the 1970s, Bruce Hardy went to ArizonaState as a QB before being converted to a tight end, and he ended up starting 95 games in the NFL for the Miami Dolphins.

Lee is not going to be a draftable player, no matter what he does in workouts. He hasn't shown anything. He should have stayed in school becausehe's not going to be a quarterback in the NFL. This isn't a situation like Matt Cassel backing up Matt Leinart at USC or Brad Johnson playing behindCasey Weldon at Florida State. Lee couldn't beat out Drew Weatherford, who'san average quarterback.

Man, here I am thinking these new pages was filled with Free Agency info and the latest transactions....

NO, it's you _'s in here arguing and shh.

roll.gif
roll.gif

like i said it was going to be comdey

Favre is one of the all-time best overall NFL players, wheras, Sapp is one of the all-time best DTs.
$@% is that suppose to mean?

Originally Posted by Berkeley Boy

Man, here I am thinking these new pages was filled with Free Agency info and the latest transactions....

YOU GOT PROBLEMS?

Originally Posted by blackredxiiigoat

lol I hope you aint serious CP...it happened yesterday n its been frontpage on espn.com since then...lol

Oh damn. I mean when I looked on ESPN under the NBA standings section and there was a picture of Favre I got worried. I thought he died or something. Ireally think ESPN should do an official article or something.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Berkeley Boy wrote:

YOU GOT PROBLEMS?

laugh.gif

YOU TALKING SHHHHH!!!????

< border="0">[table][tr][td]Angry Dude Knocks a Guy Out with a Awesome Beatdown[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Just going out on a limb here, but I would have to say he talked some #@@!.[/td] [/tr][/table]Get

That's what happens when you talk shhhhh, you hear me Chester!!???

Rotoworld.com
In addition to the Giants, Rams, and Saints, the Packers have reportedly reached out to free agent Trent Green.

Green Bay could use a tested veteran behind Aaron Rodgers. St. Louis still seems to be Green's most likely landing spot. He's a native of the Gateway City and the Rams recently hired QBs coach Terry Shea, a close friend of his.
Source: St. Louis Post Dispatch
pixel.gif

If the Packers bring in Trent Green it will probably be to have him help A-Rod through the bumps in the road, i'd really like this move, thatd be 2 greatteachers/mentors for Rodgers in his young career

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

eek.gif
laugh.gif

Soooooooooooon..... That *@!%+ had no idea what was going on... Got that %%*@!!$ look on her face, then she just gets plowed over.
roll.gif

The good thing is look at how he pushed her, he didn't like straight ram into her or knee her somewhere. She probably just hit the ground pretty hardand had a headache. But I'm just guessing.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Dre peep it.

Question: Xavier Lee isn't going back to Florida State. Where do you see him going, and is it possible he plays something other than quarterback?

[+] Enlarge

Jason Parkhurst/US Presswire

He couldn't beat out Drew Weatherford at FSU, so what makes Xavier Lee think he can play quarterback in the NFL?

Kiper: He couldn't establish himself at FSU -- which needed a quarterback -- so how is he going to be a quarterback in the NFL? Despite his size (6-4, 235) and athleticism, he's been a major disappointment. I can't understand why Lee would not be receptive to moving to tight end. There are plenty of examples of players who converted from quarterback to tight end and went on to have success in the NFL. In the 1970s, Bruce Hardy went to Arizona State as a QB before being converted to a tight end, and he ended up starting 95 games in the NFL for the Miami Dolphins.

Lee is not going to be a draftable player, no matter what he does in workouts. He hasn't shown anything. He should have stayed in school because he's not going to be a quarterback in the NFL. This isn't a situation like Matt Cassel backing up Matt Leinart at USC or Brad Johnson playing behind Casey Weldon at Florida State. Lee couldn't beat out Drew Weatherford, who's an average quarterback.

smh.gif
smh.gif

My dude should have just switched to TE.....
Hopefully he can go to arena league.....Adrian McPhereson was just named the starter for a arena ballteam...

Ummm...do you know why we were third in rushing last year? It's because we have a mediocre WR core, with Johnny Lee Higgins as a backup receiver, and Tim "re-living the glory days" Dwight as our slot receiver.We have a "zone-blocking scheme" that makes our O-Line look good, but in reality isn't, because our anemic offense runs the ball damn near every play, covering up deficiencies in the passing game. Russell missed part of the regular season and that can't ever be good for a rookie QB. We were 3rd in rushing because we can't protect the QB long enough to pass the ball, forcing us to run it. That my friend, is the reason we are 3rd in rushing.
Fargas had a 4.5 yards per rush.. which is pretty darn good compared to previous years.. and lamont jordan had a good yards per carry before hegot knicked up and came back and ruined his avg...

anyways..Raiders passing game was usually 3 step drops.. it was a quick timing passing game.. there is no need to protect the QB for long in that scheme.. withthat being said.. we had insuficient QBs like mccown and culpepper who love to hold on to the ball

Originally Posted by JPZx

eek.gif
laugh.gif

Soooooooooooon..... That *@!%+ had no idea what was going on... Got that %%*@!!$ look on her face, then she just gets plowed over.
roll.gif

The good thing is look at how he pushed her, he didn't like straight ram into her or knee her somewhere. She probably just hit the ground pretty hard and had a headache. But I'm just guessing.

laugh.gif

CHECK OUT DUDE IN THE ORANGE....HE LIKE "OHHHHHH SHHHHHHHHHH......"

Originally Posted by J0E HUSTLE

Originally Posted by JPZx

eek.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif

The good thing is look at how he pushed her, he didn't like straight ram into her or knee her somewhere. She probably just hit the ground pretty hard and had a headache. But I'm just guessing.
laugh.gif

CHECK OUT DUDE IN THE ORANGE....HE LIKE "OHHHHHH SHHHHHHHHHH......"

roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom