Official NFL Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

What's the point of cutting Spikes?
For their sake I hope they're just trying to renegotiate his deal and get him in at a lower number.

Who else the Eagles got at LB right now ?
Stewart Bradley becomes the favorite to start at middle linebacker for the Eagles following Takeo Spikes' release.

I know that if I looked across the line and saw this:

LZCFHLUDIXUDGHK.20060413174918.JPG
Looking back at me, I'd be pretty intimidated.

(yes, that is Stewart Bradleys picture)

(yes, he looks like a variant Napoleon Dynamite)

He actually look like our resident Philly fan. Anyway
laugh.gif
at Litobeing top 5. And also
laugh.gif
at Hall being better than Lito (that don'tmean jack, though). Eagles ain't gettin nobody
laugh.gif
, entertaining 10offers, seriously considering 3 come on now. If it was any of them "big-name" receivers you were talking about, what the Eagles waiting for? Yallbout to swoop on DJ Hackett or something.

Boss Bailey Joins Champ in Denver

damn i thought the Pack were gonna make a move for Boss
grin.gif

i remember when i wanted them to draft Boss instead of Barnett.... glad i was wrong on that one
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bayareaboss

yall got to relize the only reason why the raiders are payin so much is cuz no one wants to go there. money talks
well my ninja why did Berrian get overpaid, Justin Smith, Calvin Pace, Stallworth etc etc etc it's the cap that keeps goin up

Originally Posted by truthmain

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

What's the point of cutting Spikes?
For their sake I hope they're just trying to renegotiate his deal and get him in at a lower number.

Who else the Eagles got at LB right now ?
Stewart Bradley becomes the favorite to start at middle linebacker for the Eagles following Takeo Spikes' release.

I know that if I looked across the line and saw this:

LZCFHLUDIXUDGHK.20060413174918.JPG
Looking back at me, I'd be pretty intimidated.

(yes, that is Stewart Bradleys picture)

(yes, he looks like a variant Napoleon Dynamite)

He actually look like our resident Philly fan. Anyway
laugh.gif
at Lito being top 5. And also
laugh.gif
at Hall being better than Lito (that don't mean jack, though). Eagles ain't gettin nobody
laugh.gif
, entertaining 10 offers, seriously considering 3 come on now. If it was any of them "big-name" receivers you were talking about, what the Eagles waiting for? Yall bout to swoop on DJ Hackett or something.

I know you're just pissed off that your team just gave Bernard Berrian $16M guaranteed
roll.gif
You could have had Moss for $1M less
laugh.gif

I know you're just pissed off that your team just gave Bernard Berrian $16M guaranteed
roll.gif
You could have had Moss for $1M less
laugh.gif

Actually yeah you right I don't think the signing was smart, I'm hoping the front office knows something magical about Berrian but I doubt it. Still doesn't change the fact you are delusional.

Philly fans = most unrealistic fans on the face of the planet, word to Westbrook being the most versatile back in the league and getting uber-excited over theStallworth signing.

Son, the Jets made all these moves and are staring at battling the Bills for a Wild Card spot
smh.gif

Like all those moves, they made got them a lil bit better but nothing, IMO, put them over the top and made u say, Jets gonan do the damn thang.
Im still scratchin my head @ the Pace signing. Like where was this spending spree when John Abraham wanted $$$

Realistically, that's all we can hope for.
ohwell.gif

If you ignore the '06 season (easy schedule), the Jets have went 52-54 since 2000... middle of the field.

We've had nothing really consistent to build on on offense or defense, we've drafted horribly, and we were cheap
tired.gif

That's why Abraham, Kendall, and Mawae didn't get their money...

Hopefully this is the start of us turning over a new leaf.
And the best I think of us paying Pace so much is we're drafting DMAC instead of Gholston.Hence the T. Richardson signing and Victor Hobson not being re-signed.

http://www.carolinagrowl.com/Read.aspx?Story=526

[h2]BREAKING NEWS: Ex-Panthers LB Morgan to sign with division rival Saints[/h2] [h3]Team visits with free agent LB Johnson from Cincy[/h3]
Written by Steve Reed

3/6/2008 7:40:22 PM

Del.icio.us | Print | Email | Font Size
typesize1.gif
typesize4.gif

CHARLOTTE - Carolina Panthers middle linebacker Dan Morgan has found a new home -- but in a very familiar division.

Morgan, who was released by the Panthers last month, has agreed to terms on a one-year contract with the division rival New Orleans Saints, according to sources.

Financial terms were undisclosed.

The deal will become official in the next two days when Morgan signs the contract, sources said.

Meanwhile, the Panthers are actively looking to add another linebacker.

They met Thursday with Cincinnati Bengals free agent linebacker Landon Johnson, who is considered one of the highest-rated players at his position left on the free agent market and would be the team's first marquis free agent signing.

but Lito isn't an elite CB? He may not be Champ, Samuel, or everybody's favorite AC, but he is definitely a top 5 CB when he's healthy
lito ant no where near close to a top 5 CB

in no order
Champ
Samuel
Newmen
Rashean Mathis
Nnamdi Asomugha
C-Wood
Chris McAlister

and there some more u can throw in there. only time lito gets any where close to been a top 5 CB is when he plays the cowboys

Damn, I thought Morgan was going to hang them up. Guy is getting to Merrill Hodge status with all of those concussions.

who are the Doctor's that keep clearing these dudes like Bruschi, Ted Johnson, Zach Thomas, Kurt Warner and Dan Morgan to play...

smh.gif

I'll never forget Kurt Warner with the Rams vs the Giants in the Meadowlands. Dude had a Concussion, was throwin up and nasseous at half time and thecleared him to play in the 2nd half.

Someone is going to get killed or die on the plane home, +@%* is uncalled for.

who are the Doctor's that keep clearing these dudes like Bruschi, Ted Johnson, Zach Thomas, Kurt Warner and Dan Morgan to play...

smh.gif

I'll never forget Kurt Warner with the Rams vs the Giants in the Meadowlands. Dude had a Concussion, was throwin up and nasseous at half time and the cleared him to play in the 2nd half.

Someone is going to get killed or die on the plane home, +@%* is uncalled for.

And looks like Trent Green's NFL career continues as well after that major concussion last season. The Saints, Rams, and Packers are interested ingetting him as insurance policy. He might even be considered as a backup to Aaron Rodgers at Green Bay

Kindal Moorehead is in Atlanta. Falcons need depth at DT, even more now that we had a guy tear up his knee coming down a flight of stairs lastweek...
smh.gif

There's talk that the team may try to convince Grady Jackson to come back to town. Petrino did him dirty, but it's said that he had a goodrelationship with Mike Smith in Jacksonville...

...and I'm sure Dorsey/Ellis are high on the board for that #3 pick, too.

Did yall hear PacMans interview????
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
was straight comedy.

They was like u gotta stay outta the strip clubs and find some place u cant get in trouble... like a bowling alley.

Pacman interupted and said "man I almost ggot stabbed last time I went bowling "

Them dudes fell out laughin like "damn man, trouble does follow you"

btu he was like, yea "I would LOVE to play for the Cowboys, America's team"

I am not entertained by Pacman. I just do not like that guy. Anyways.....

Lots of talk about Roy Williams getting shipped out. People on Sirius NFL Channel said some crazy rumor that Philly was overing Lito and their #19 pick forRoy. I would take that in a heartbeat. Roy is damn good but then again he drops so many passes that kill the flow of the game. I can remember at least 5 lastyear that were going to be big gains that ended up a 3rd and Long or a 4th down. I think he needs to get out of here and it would be better to get somethingfor him than nothing because he will opt out after next year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3281385&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Landon Johnson leaving Bengals for Panthers' $10 million[/h1]
By John Clayton
ESPN.com
(
Archive)

Updated: March 7, 2008, 11:17 AM ET

The Carolina Panthers beat out the Bengals for the services of Landon Johnson, agreeing to terms on a $10 million, three-year deal with the outside linebacker.

A former third-round draft choice of Cincinnati, Johnson has started 53 games during his four-year career. He's started 16 games and has 112 and 109 tackles in each of the past two seasons.

The Panthers had a need at linebacker after releasing Dan Morgan, who appears destined to sign with the New Orleans Saints.

The Bengals' defense has lost defensive end Justin Smith, safety Madieu Williams and Johnson this offseason.

Johnson is the biggest name the Panthers have brought in since free agency began a week ago, joining guard Keydrick Vincent, defensive lineman Tyler Brayton and cornerback Ricardo Colclough.

Senior writer John Clayton covers the NFL for ESPN.com. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Did yall hear PacMans interview????
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
was straight comedy.

They was like u gotta stay outta the strip clubs and find some place u cant get in trouble... like a bowling alley.

Pacman interupted and said "man I almost ggot stabbed last time I went bowling "

Them dudes fell out laughin like "damn man, trouble does follow you"

btu he was like, yea "I would LOVE to play for the Cowboys, America's team"

LOL OO Man thats funny, but that is true things stay poppin off at Bowling Alleys and Roller Skating rinks, didn't AI get in a brawl at the bowlingalley? --- Where did you hear this interview at?

Back
Top Bottom