Official NFL Offseason Thread

What are the 'Skins gonna do now?

Are they gonna try and pull a plug on a big trade and get their big WR or are they gonna draft the big WR from Michigan St.?

Any Vikings news out there?

I don't know. I want us to keep the 1st Round pick but I don't want us to draft a WR in the 1st Round.

Raiders stole Hall away.

I'm a Niners fan and a Raiders hater till' I die but damn, that was a great pickup for you fools out in Oakland.

HALL TRADE FALLING APART?
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 17, 2008, 7:17 p.m.

There are conflicting reports about the trade to send Atlanta Falcons cornerback DeAngelo Hall to the Oakland Raiders.

Over the weekend, the trade was widely reported to be all but signed, sealed and delivered. Today Steve Wyche of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported thatthe trade is nearly final.

But Hall himself denied that the trade was close. And Adam Schefter reported today on NFL Network that the sides are not as optimistic that the deal will getdone as they previously were.

"It doesn't look like, right now, this trade is going to come to be," Schefter reported today.

The Falcons and Raiders appear to have agreed in principle that the trade will consist of the Falcons sending second- and sixth-round picks to the Raiders, butthe Raiders are only interested in consummating the trade if they've worked out a contract that will keep Hall happy, and right now no such contract is inplace.

If a contract agreement is reached, Hall will be a Raider. If not, this trade isn't happening.

The San Francisco Chronicle confirms that the Raiders are actively shopping CB Fabian Washington.

If Washington hadn't lost his confidence and job to Stanford Routt in 2007 and been accused of domestic battery in February, his value would be a lot higher. As is, Oakland shouldn't be asking for more than a third-round pick.

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

I don't see the Raiders taking McFadden with the 4th pick...if Chris Long or Jake Long arn't there then I think the Raiders will trade down for more picks after picking up D. Hall and having only 1 pick in the first 3 rounds...they probably will trade with the Cowboys for there first two picks allowing McFadden to go to the Cowboys...

Nobody is trading, and the Cowboys trading their two picks for the Raiders pick won't happen because the 22nd and 28th picks aren't valued higherthan the 4th. It's hard to trade a top pick away these days because of how much it costs to sign the guys. It's disgusting that you can have top 10picks come in the league and instantly earn more than established stars.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

BeatJunkie5 wrote:

I don't see the Raiders taking McFadden with the 4th pick...if Chris Long or Jake Long arn't there then I think the Raiders will trade down for more
picks after picking up D. Hall and having only 1 pick in the first 3 rounds...they probably will trade with the Cowboys for there first two picks allowing
McFadden to go to the Cowboys...

Nobody is trading, and the Cowboys trading their two picks for the Raiders pick won't happen because the 22nd and 28th picks aren't valued higher
than the 4th. It's hard to trade a top pick away these days because of how much it costs to sign the guys. It's disgusting that you can have top 10
picks come in the league and instantly earn more than established stars.

The Raiders don't trade down. A LOT depends on Matt Ryan's pro day today as well. If he solidifies himself as standout quarterback, then we could seesomeone like Chris Long or Jake Long slip to #4, along with D Mac and Gholston available.

Hall deal is essentially done. He is a Raider!
pimp.gif

Hall agrees to contract with Raiders
Two-time Pro Bowl CB to sign contract with Oakland Thursday

By STEVE WYCHE
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 03/18/08

Falcons two-time Pro Bowl cornerback DeAngelo Hall told the AJC Tuesday that he will finalize a contract with Oakland by Thursday morning and that a tradebetween Atlanta and the Raiders will be consummated shortly thereafter.

Hall said he is scheduled to fly to Oakland Wednesday to meet with team officials and sign a new contract.

"There is just some tweaking of the language that needs to be done, some minor details," Hall said of contract negotiations. "No dealbreakers."

Atlanta will receive Oakland's second- and sixth-round picks in the April 26-27 NFL draft. The compensation will give the Falcons four selections in thefirst 48 picks of the draft - three in the second round. Atlanta holds the No. 3 overall pick along with the 36th and 48th picks.

Once the trade is completed, the Falcons would add the 34th overall selection currently held by Oakland.

My Opinion: Although Al has made some big moves, good or bad, you can't blame the upcoming season's failures on him. He has overpaid and generouslygiven away $ to a number of free agents to try to and change the Raiders recent woes' around, and all you can ask from a GM/Owner is to try and put theteam in a position to win games. He certainly has done that this offseason.

D. Hall says the contract is done and the trade will go through by Thursday.

Falcons two-time Pro Bowl cornerback DeAngelo Hall told the AJC Tuesday that he will finalize a contract with Oakland by Thursday morning and that a trade between Atlanta and the Raiders will be consummated shortly thereafter.
Hall said he is scheduled to fly to Oakland Wednesday to meet with team officials and sign a new contract.

There is just some tweaking of the language that needs to be done, some minor details," Hall said of contract negotiations. "No deal breakers."

Atlanta will receive Oakland's second- and sixth-round picks in the April 26-27 NFL draft. The compensation will give the Falcons four selections in the first 48 picks of the draft - three in the second round. Atlanta holds the No. 3 overall pick along with the 36th and 48th picks.

Once the trade is completed, the Falcons would add the 34th overall selection currently held by Oakland.

grin.gif

Alright, so...#3, #34, #36, #48, #69, and hopefully a comp pick at the end of the 3rd for Kerney. Give me a DT, OT, QB, CB, MLB, and either another OL or S andI'm good. At least the draft will be real interesting...

Wow....
smh.gif
i guess the Raiders are willing to give up Nnamdi for a 1st round pick and a pick in 2009.... i would not be mad at all if the Packers tookadvantage of that... although having 3 CB's of that calibur could cause problems, Wood and Harris are both getting older.... Nnamdi would be worth whatevera team gave him (with Favre gone, we have a ton of cap...)

Alright, ya'll dudes can have him for 7/$70...

Also, heads up...Ocho Cinco is on NFL Total Access right now. The entire show has been comedy. You have to see this.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by xCautioNx

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

^^^ theres already talks of the Raiders shopping him around right now...
links? where did you read or hear of these talks????

No links... like much FA/offseason talks it is just rumors and hearsay... so take it for what its worth.

from a Packers source:
The Packers have called the Raiders about Nnamdi Asomugha, but the Raiders want a 1st and a conditional pick next year. My source said the odd man out in Oakland is former 1st round pick Fabian Washington and he may be cut and the Packers would be a team that has interest in him.
Again this is probably more of a result of teams inquiring about Nnamdi, and the Raiders simply setting the bar...

and like i said earlier, they are also talking to people about Fabian Washington, which is confirmed

The San Francisco Chronicle confirms that the Raiders are actively shopping CB Fabian Washington.

If Washington hadn't lost his confidence and job to Stanford Routt in 2007 and been accused of domestic battery in February, his value would be a lot higher. As is, Oakland shouldn't be asking for more than a third-round pick.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/03/18/SPR2VLI22.DTL

I really doubt they'll trade away Nnamdi this offseason. Next season maybe, but definitely not this season.

Why for the 2nd straight year has GB done absolutely nothing in the off season? I mean, i know we have high expectations for the upcoming season, but i know wehave needs.

Why for the 2nd straight year has GB done absolutely nothing in the off season? I mean, i know we have high expectations for the upcoming season, but i know wehave needs.

Back
Top Bottom