Official NFL Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by DMONEY23444

Why for the 2nd straight year has GB done absolutely nothing in the off season? I mean, i know we have high expectations for the upcoming season, but i know we have needs.

2nd straight season??
roll.gif
roll.gif
We haven't gone out and pulled a BIG name in since Reggie White like ahundred years ago... When we got Woodson it was cause he had NO WHERE else to go... he didnt even want to come to Green Bay but we were the only ones givinghim offers.
laugh.gif

If youre a Packers fan you just have to accept the fact that it will be a relatively boring offseason aside from the Draft... Which i cant wait for...hopefully TT does some good things
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

awon23 wrote:

I really doubt they'll trade away Nnamdi this offseason. Next season maybe, but definitely not this season.

You never know with Al Davis at the wheel...

Nnamdi is going no where. And to those who say "Hall stole Nnamdi's money". What makes you think that Al Davis didn't offer Nnamdi a fatcontract, but we're actually waiting for him to sign it?

It makes no sense that Al Davis would be spending like crazy, but would be cheap with the player HE reached on and eventually developed into a shutdownpro-bowl calibur cornerback.

Just because he's tagged doesn't mean they're not still talking to Nnamdi about getting a long term deal done. You can bet Al Davis wants to returnto those Hayes/Haynes glory days at corners.

However, I do expect Fabian Washington to be traded...soon. Possibly to New England, they need corners pretty desperately, maybe the Browns too.

And as far as money, money shouldn't be a problem. We'll still be able to sign that #4 pick, whoever it may be.

man my boy al davis spending crazy money. i guess he talkin bout keepin the number 4 pick. im sure al will find away to work around the cap salry but will behard. i know one thing is that we better win some dam games cuz this my first year with season tickets. we better give nambi 80 millon next season

I was hoping that we could get D. Hall but i never really expected it. We must use one of our 1st rounders on a corner. I really want DRC but i know he wontfall that far

Brandon Chillar off the market, going to Green Bay

Linebacker Brandon Chillar is headed to Green Bay. The Rams' starting strongside linebacker the past two seasons, Chillar has agreed to a two-year contract worth $5.2 million according to league sources. Incentive clauses in the contract could raise the value of the deal above $6 million.

Chillar, 25, also received offers from Arizona and the Rams. Chillar's departure leaves the Rams minus two starters from last season's club. The Rams released right end James Hall on the first weekend of the free agency periods.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/rams/story/3CF2EBC7B5E4BECC86257411006268B5?OpenDocument

Makes our Defense that much more solid by giving Poppinga some competition... itll be interesting to see who starts
nerd.gif

i thought for sure Chillar was going to end up in Arizona.

NNamdi, Hall, Huff, and Gibril = best secondary in the NFL. If the Raiders ever learn how to stop the RUN, defense could be fierce. Do the Raiders still haveLamont Jordan? If we do he needs to be cut.

The thing about Al Davis is he always finds a way around the cap...obviously this offseason will be a little different with all the money he is spending but Ihave no doubt that come next season we'll be fine with the cap situation..I don't know how he does it but somehow he does it...

And Asomugha isn't going anywhere...I'm beginning to think Al Davis wants our D to be on point and possibly have a run for the playoffs much like theBucs and Ravens did when they made it to the SB....Our weakest spots on either side of the ball is obviously the Line, and the draft should help us with thatwith whoever we get...

But our secondary is lookin tough
pimp.gif

i dont think its been posted but the cowboys and titans have a verbal agreement for pacman jones
it was on FSN southwest just a few minutes ago

Originally Posted by the hater boxden

i dont think its been posted but the cowboys and titans have a verbal agreement for pacman jones

it was on FSN southwest just a few minutes ago

Interesting. did they mention any details on the agreement? I'm guessing dallas would trade their 7th rounder for pacman.

And as far as the Raiders, we need to shore up our lines. If it were me in control, I'd trade Fabian to the Browns for their LT, Shaffer (sp?).

Then use each and every pick on o and de line in the draft.

subhead_news.gif
[table][tr][td]News Main
arrowblack.gif
[/td] [td]E-mail[/td] [/tr][/table]
Posted: 54 minutes ago[h1]Trade talks between Cowboys, Titans intensifying[/h1][table][tr][td]
Adam_Schefter_SH.jpg
[/td] [td] [/td] [td]By Adam Schefter | NFL Network

[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
pacman_jones_IA.jpg
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Chris McGrath/Getty Images[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Pacman Jones could fill a critical area of need for the Cowboys.[/td] [/tr][/table]
At a time when cornerback DeAngelo Hall has been traded to Oakland, another high-profile cornerback could be dealtwithin the next week.

NFL sources said Thursday that trade talks between the Dallas Cowboys and Tennessee Titans regarding suspended cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones areintensifying.

One person close to the talks predicted a deal could be completed in the next week. Dallas would get the talented and troubled Jones while the Titans wouldreceive a mid-round draft pick.

Jones currently is on suspension and has been informed that his status for the 2008 season will be decided prior to the opening of training camp. In theinterim, NFL rules stipulate that a suspended player can be traded. A team essentially would be trading a player's contract.

It should be pointed out that trade talks sometimes fall apart. Just look at the Raiders and Hall; it took them nearly a week to finalize a contractagreement. But the Cowboys and Titans' talks, which have been going on for some time now, have gained steam in recent days.

Initially, they started with Dallas offering Tennessee a choice of players from its roster. When the Titans could not find a player on the list they liked,the conversation shifted to a draft pick.

Now the sides are said to be closing in on a deal that could be consummated before Cowboys and Titans officials depart for the March 30 annual meeting inPalm Beach, Fla.

Should Dallas finalize a deal for Jones, it would be the latest example of the Cowboys gambling on a player other teams would not. Dallas once signeddefensive linemen Alonzo Spellman, Dimitrius Underwood and Tank Johnson, each of whom came with his own set of issues. It signed wide receiverTerrell Owens at a time when there was little interest elsewhere.

And now, it is readying to reach out to Jones, who would help strengthen one of the Cowboys' biggest areas of need.

Of course, Jones first will have to be reinstated, and no one is sure if and when that will happen. But if and when it does, Jones could be the Cowboys'property, one of Jerry Jones' biggest gambles to date.

I've heard that the Cowboys and PacMan have agreed to the outline of what his contract would look like, and the Boys are just trying to come to terms withthe Titans to get it done.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

I've heard that the Cowboys and PacMan have agreed to the outline of what his contract would look like, and the Boys are just trying to come to terms with
the Titans to get it done.

Seriously, you should be thrilled if this deal goes through. If this young man can stay out of trouble, he can do wonders for the Cowboys. Obviously he bringsyouth to an aging secondary

AND

finally provides a solid punt returner

Back
Top Bottom