Official NFL Offseason Thread

^ Oh, there's no doubt I'd be thrilled with it. As long as the Cowboys don't give up a pick higher than a 4th or 5th, and the contract has sometype of clause that makes it voidable if he gets in trouble again, great.

The only thing that worries me about a PacMan trade, is that Jerry Jones feels like CB is no longer an issue, and makes his play for McFadden... This team willstill need a CB early in the draft, even with Jones in the fold.

[table][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]Seahawks signed MLB Lofa Tatupu to a six-year contract extension through 2015. The deal is worth $42 million, with $18 million guaranteed.[/td] [/tr][/table]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkbKjtuNJhQ

Kicker Jason Elam has spent his entire NFL career with the Denver Broncos.

And he's now heading home.

The guy who went to high school in Snellville, Georgia will play for the Atlanta Falcons, according to Adam Schefter of NFL Network.

And Elam will be well paid to do it. Per Schefter, it's a four-year, $9 million contract, with $3.3 million in guaranteed money

Originally Posted by TheGift23

The guy who went to high school in Snellville, Georgia will play for the Atlanta Falcons, according to Adam Schefter of NFL Network.

And Elam will be well paid to do it. Per Schefter, it's a four-year, $9 million contract, with $3.3 million in guaranteed money

Dude is 38....yet that drops the age at our Kicker position by 10 years.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DLo13

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Hmm Rams let Chillar go with no hassle...

writings on the wall for Chris Long be the pick at #2.
pimp.gif

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, i guess we'll have to settle for Gholston or McFadden now

Originally Posted by DLo13

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by DMONEY23444

Why for the 2nd straight year has GB done absolutely nothing in the off season? I mean, i know we have high expectations for the upcoming season, but i know we have needs.

2nd straight season??
roll.gif
roll.gif
We haven't gone out and pulled a BIG name in since Reggie White like a hundred years ago... When we got Woodson it was cause he had NO WHERE else to go... he didnt even want to come to Green Bay but we were the only ones giving him offers.
laugh.gif

If youre a Packers fan you just have to accept the fact that it will be a relatively boring offseason aside from the Draft... Which i cant wait for... hopefully TT does some good things
pimp.gif
I wasnt saying the 2nd straight season without picking up a great player, im talking of picking up someone worth mentioning at all. I have come torealize over the years that GB will just sit and watch in free agency, it just ticks me off when i know that there are players out there that we can afford andwe just let them pass right by. Atleast we added some depth at linebacker with chillar. Do you see us making any other moves this offseason via free agency ortrades?

From Hashmarks on ESPN...
Several minutes ago I was told that the [Cowboys] will choose between running backs Felix Jones and Jonathan Stewart at No. 22. I initially had the Cowboys taking Stewart (toe surgery) at No. 28. The Cowboys will now take Virginia Tech cornerback Brandon Flowers at No. 28.
Obviously it's still early, but Matt Mosley is pretty well informed on the Cowboys...

Not sure which I'd prefer... Stewart looks more like a feature back, but will injuries continually hamper him? Does he compliment Barber all that well?Watching those two big bodies punish defenses would be entertaining, though. Jones is really the perfect compliment to Barber. He'd be a great asset onspecial teams... I dunno. I'd be torn.

Originally Posted by Berkeley Boy

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Hmm Rams let Chillar go with no hassle...

writings on the wall for Chris Long be the pick at #2.
pimp.gif

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, i guess we'll have to settle for Gholston or McFadden now
Dude said settle like they are bums
laugh.gif

Not sure which I'd prefer... Stewart looks more like a feature back, but will injuries continually hamper him? Does he compliment Barber all that well? Watching those two big bodies punish defenses would be entertaining, though. Jones is really the perfect compliment to Barber. He'd be a great asset on special teams... I dunno. I'd be torn.
First Aid dont run nothing like MB3 and for good reason cause he would never stay on field.

Id rather have Felix Jones because they would clearly fit into their roles. What if Wade misuses Stewart like Ron Dayne was misused in NY? I dont think thereis any chance for that mistake with Felix (I like Felix better as a runner anyway so im biased)

And damn remember when the buzz was the cowboys gettin DRC at the end of the first? haha now they gonna have to settle for Brandon "the most physicalcorner in years" Flowers (Mike Mayock how much longer can i defend this clown
laugh.gif
) They might as well get McFadden now.

^I think Jones is a better compliment to the Barbarian than Stewart as well. Unlike Barber he has the speed to take it to thehouse on any given play and can spell Barber for a few carries a game which in the long run will extend Barber's career.

It will be interesting to see if all this Pacman Jones to the Cowboys talks lead anywhere.

And damn remember when the buzz was the cowboys gettin DRC at the end of the first? haha now they gonna have to settle for Brandon "the most physical corner in years" Flowers (Mike Mayock how much longer can i defend this clown image) They might as well get McFadden now.
Man... If the best the Cowboys can do at CB with 28 is Brandon Flowers, they better go CB at 22 and worry about a RB later... I wouldn't thinkJones would get picked before 28, anyways. Maybe I'm wrong, but who from 23-27 needs a speed back? Pittsburgh, no. Tennesse, no. Seattle, no. Jacksonville,no. San Diego, no. If Jones is there at 22, he'll probably be there at 28.

A picture of the Cowboys supposed DB Draft Board was leaked out on CBS News the other day, and Flowers wasn't in the Top 7, so... I really don't thinkhe'd be an option.

The cowboys will pick Jones over Stewart for one reason and that is he was a Razorback and whats Jerry Jones at heart . they have had the Cowboys takeeverybody at corner from Mclevin , Jenkins , DRC , Talib and Now Flowers

I hope we take Jones also. I would like to see him catch the ball out of the backfield and add that exploisiveness to our backfield

roll.gif

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8075dc82&template=with-video&confirm=true

In the most bizarre off-season injury to date, Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall said he slipped on a McDonalds bag and wound up with his arm wrapped in a cast.
MAR370922.jpg
Brandon Marshall, WR
Denver Broncos
2007 statistics
Rec: 102
Yards: 1,325
TDs: 7

Marshall said he was at the Westgate Lakes Resort in Orlando, Fla. on Saturday and slipped and fell on a McDonald's wrapper. When he slipped, he said he stuck out his hand to brace his fall and it went through a TV entertainment center.

His right arm now will be in a cast for two weeks. Marshall also received stitches in his arm, but he did not know how many.

What he did know was that he was embarrassed. One od the league's most physical players was toppled by a plastic bag.

"I want to thank everybody for their concerns and let everyone know that I'm okay," Marshall wrote in a text message Sunday morning. "It's funny because I pride myself on YAC (yards after catch) and being one of the toughest players to take down once I have the ball in my hands.

"So for the next couple of days I'm going to take the time to build my confidence back up after allowing that McDonalds bag to take me down and send me through the entertainment center."

Marshall is scheduled to fly from Orlando to Denver on Sunday and will be at the Broncos training complex tomorrow. But he will be, at best, limited for the start of the Broncos offseason conditioning program.

Is this dude using the McDonald's wrapper as a cover for doing something that was prohibited by his contract? (Riding motorcycles, etc.)

I thought somebody around here might know...
nerd.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
Somebody stole Shawn Merriman's Benz last night.. AND set it on fire..

that N's roid rage was probably classic..
laugh.gif

49ers | Team found guilty of tampering with Briggs
Mon, 24 Mar 2008 15:46:49 -0700
The Associated Press reports NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has determined that the San Francisco 49ers are guilty of tampering with Chicago Bears LB Lance Briggs. Goodell determined the 49ers violated the NFL's anti-tampering policy by contacting Briggs' agent without the Bears' permission during the 2007 season. The 49ers will have to forfeit their 2008 fifth-round draft choice and must swap their 2008 third-round draft choice with the Bears.

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom