OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: R.I.P Jacoby Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again really wish it was just called the player of the year award part of the constant debate comes from arguing the semantics of “most valuable” and what that means

Player of the year is much clearer. Just simply who’s had the best season.

I feel like most would agree the best players in football this year have been CMC, Hill, Garrett maybe forgetting one other but because we have to go “but are they really that valuable cause of they position” we have to shoe horn QBs into the convo by default despite none of them this year having a year that anyone would say they where the best player in football this year.

Last edited:
Mike Flores :lol:

Saying that anyone is kicking the **** out of the Ravens is insane. They might lose in a one score game with some self inflicted shenanigans playing a part, but there was never any evidence that anybody was going to be able to kill them. Lamar is like 20-1 against the NFC too.

Folks were real weird last week.

Again really was it was just called the player of the year award part of the constant debate comes from arguing the semantics of “most valuable” and what that means

Player of the year is much clearer. Just simply who’s had the best season.

I feel like most would agree the best players in football this year have been CMC, Hill, Garrett maybe forgetting one other but because we have to go “but are they really that valuable cause of they position” we have to shoe horn QBs into the convo by default despite none of them this year having a year that anyone would say they where the best player in football this year.
Word a lot of non-QB’s kinda miss out on more deserving recognition. Hell some years a QB shouldn’t have even won :lol:

Never understood the push besides being the QB on a top team, especially when he's also playing with someone having the season CMC is having.

Literally not a top 5 player in terms of importance and value on his own squad, never heard of an MVP not being the best player on his own team.

Lamar's gotta be in the convo now though but J don't think a QB should get it this season
Purdy is playing with 4 hall of famers on offense and at least 3 hall of famers on defense

He’s just along for the ride

I am so glad we're talking about Lamar's contract situation and the Falcons specifically. It is one thing to kick the tires, do your due diligence and say no. Teams do that all of the time. It is another to immediately say you aren't interested when he makes it known he wanted out of Baltimore, you need a QB and you have draft picks to trade. Joining the NFL collusion scam was a bad look but Blank has always been a clown.

I get not wanting to give him Pervert Money but to not even try to improve your team when you know QBs are what separate contenders from pretenders is doing a disservice to your team and its fans. As much as I bash Russ, I am happy that the Broncos tried to get a big time QB. Running out Drew Lock and Semien was not getting them anywhere.

I like Rich but it's crazy when you have a take so bad a league shill like Schefter has to correct you :lol:

Last edited:
20231226_102709.jpg

Stay safe Armada Armada

In some cases you can hardly even call it a missed opportunity. What the **** are the Panthers going to do after giving Lamar $260M?

At least a team giving up a haul for Bryce/Stroud/AR going into the draft gets to work around that rookie contract.

I'm sure we could count how many teams for which it would have actually made sense to go after Lamar.

Atlanta yea. Pipedream, but I really thought the Raiders too up until MD blew his load over Josh McDaniels.
Lamar & DJ Moore win the NFC South for the next 4-5 seasons minimum

I am so glad we're talking about Lamar's contract situation and the Falcons specifically. It is one thing to kick the tires, do your due diligence and say no. Teams do that all of the time. It is another to immediately say you aren't interested when he makes it known he wanted out of Baltimore, you need a QB and you have draft picks to trade. Joining the NFL collusion scam was a bad look but Blank has always been a clown.

I get not wanting to give him Pervert Money but to not even try to improve your team when you know QBs are what separate contenders from pretenders is doing a disservice to your team and its fans. As much as I bash Russ, I am happy that the Broncos tried to get a big time QB. Running out Drew Lock and Semien was not getting them anywhere.

What blows my mind is even after that, they didn’t even kick the tires on someone like Trey Lance when he could’ve been had for a 4th round pick or so. I’m not saying he would’ve been for sure been the answer. But he also couldn’t have been worse than Ridder and Heineken and with more upside to play with.

But the Falcons goofed by not even kicking the tires on Lamar. That’s one of those situations where even if the Ravens match what you offer or if they don’t and you have to give up the 2 first round picks, you make that move. They have a decent team but the qb situation isn’t it. Plus playing in a weak division where decent qb play would absolutely have elevated them.

What blows my mind is even after that, they didn’t even kick the tires on someone like Trey Lance when he could’ve been had for a 4th round pick or so. I’m not saying he would’ve been for sure been the answer. But he also couldn’t have been worse than Ridder and Heineken and with more upside to play with.

But the Falcons goofed by not even kicking the tires on Lamar. That’s one of those situations where even if the Ravens match what you offer or if they don’t and you have to give up the 2 first round picks, you make that move. They have a decent team but the qb situation isn’t it. Plus playing in a weak division where decent qb play would absolutely have elevated them.

I agree with you. Trey Lance might've worked or he might've failed but you have to try. Falcons also goofed using their first round draft pick on a running back. I think NFL owners are a group of scumbag deplorables that will close ranks even if it hurts their own teams. NFL owners sent out the memo and the rest is history.

I agree with you. Trey Lance might've worked or he might've failed but you have to try. Falcons also goofed using their first round draft pick on a running back. I think NFL owners are a group of scumbag deplorables that will close ranks even if it hurts their own teams. NFL owners sent out the memo and the rest is history.

I agree and it wouldn’t surprise me one bit at all. A good chunk of these professional sports teams issues are generally organizational. Then when you mix foolish short sighted spite on top of that. Well they are where they are.

I agree and it wouldn’t surprise me one bit at all. A good chunk of these professional sports teams issues are generally organizational. Then when you mix foolish short sighted spite on top of that. Well they are where they are.
Bad teams are bad for a reason and it usually starts at the top. The Broncos current dilemma is what happens when you have turmoil at the top with entitled kids fighting over something they didn't earn. It will take the Broncos years to recover.

Never understood the push besides being the QB on a top team, especially when he's also playing with someone having the season CMC is having.

Literally not a top 5 player in terms of importance and value on his own squad, never heard of an MVP not being the best player on his own team.

Lamar's gotta be in the convo now though but J don't think a QB should get it this season

Better watch out…them yards per attempt stats about to start flying in defense!!!

The league wants a great white hype qb to push since the other white QBs have lowkey been mid this season.

if MVP voting was done correctly, we'd have no issue. but it's literally dudes looking at a basic stat sheet 99% of the time and not even considering the rest. yards, touchdowns, QB rating....that's it

1) Lamar
2) Allen
3) CMC
4) Hill

that's how i'd vote if i had a vote :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom