OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: R.I.P Jacoby Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just need new awards.

Based on the nature of the game and the specialization of each position QB is the most important position by default.

Before the game got so pass heavy RB was as close to the value of QB as any other position could get.

The MVP used to go to QBs AND RBs. Now it’s just QB.

So it makes sense that it always goes to QBs.

We all watched JJ Watt, have 20 sacks have like two or three defensive touchdowns have another three or four receiving touchdowns on offense, go all pro at two positions and he still ain’t get it.

Jerry Rice went for 20+ TDs in a shortened year and they still gave it to Elway with his 19 TDS and 12 INTS.

It is what it is.

Stats wise Lamar is having a down season but it’s still his award to lose since he’s a QB, their best player and on the best team.

20231226_124014.jpg

Man hates a comeback :lol:
We either blow out or get blown out.

It’s the only way we know.

1703613161270.gif

The browns are the team of destiny lol this **** doesn't make any sense. This season has been real fall of the house of usher esque

We just need new awards.

Based on the nature of the game and the specialization of each position QB is the most important position by default.

Before the game got so pass heavy RB was as close to the value of QB as any other position could get.

The MVP used to go to QBs AND RBs. Now it’s just QB.

So it makes sense that it always goes to QBs.

We all watched JJ Watt, have 20 sacks have like two or three defensive touchdowns have another three or four receiving touchdowns on offense, go all pro at two positions and he still ain’t get it.

Jerry Rice went for 20+ TDs in a shortened year and they still gave it to Elway with his 19 TDS and 12 INTS.

It is what it is.

Stats wise Lamar is having a down season but it’s still his award to lose since he’s a QB, their best player and on the best team.

Quarterback is the most glamour position in American sports. There’s a reason the Heisman and NFL MVP award usually goes to QBs. It is what it is at this point.

I’d rather players salaries become more balanced and guaranteed, as a opposed to new awards.

Because either way, certain positions are unfairly compensated more than others.

MVPs/Heismans will always go to QBs

:lol: i’m glad Lamar calling Florio’s *** out. dude is easily the worse. I purposely avoid reading anything Florio or PFT related because dude is such a damn lame.

Him getting called out for his bad take was funny and also slightly ironic because he was one of the few media guys who was steady in calling out what teams/owners were doing over Lamar last season, collusion :lol:

Paying that much money I’m sure those media executives feel as though they own the players

Thats why they have no regards for how they talk about the players

Just looked it up again. Quarterbacks have won 19 of the last 22 AP NFL MVPs.

The three times they didn't:

2005 - Shaun Alexander -- 1,958 total yards, 28 TDs (NFL record)
2006 - LaDainian Tomlinson - 2,323 total yards, 31 TDs (NFL record)
2012 - Adrian Peterson - 2,314 total yards, 13 TDs

* BTW Non-QBs have won 13 of the last 22 AP OPOY awards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom