OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: R.I.P Jacoby Jones

confused-math.gif

nah i hope they didn't let him off the hook with that answer! ask him: how many possessions is an 8 point game

Lowkey feels like the Broncos vs Bears game is a game where the losing team is gonna be in trouble. Bears lose and the offense struggles against a team that gave up NBA points, Fields either getting benched or OC or HC might be gone. If Broncos get out scored by a team that could only muster 1 TD vs the Chiefs 3rd string defense, some of the talent on that team is getting traded for draft capital the next morning.

If thats the whole context makes it even more dumb

When you're playing to win you go for it on 4th, you elect to try and get your 6 points or you're going for 2 pt conversions earlier in a game. You take the risk

His logic is literally *** backwards to the whole point of trying to win the game :lol: :lol:

Jordan Love has beaten the worst team in the league in Week 1 (the Bears), lost to Ridder and the Falcons, and beat the Saints and their backup QB when Carr went out when NO was up 17-0.

Very interested to see if I’m impressed by what they do on Thursday night this week when they host the Lions.

When you're playing to win you go for it on 4th, you elect to try and get your 6 points or you're going for 2 pt conversions earlier in a game. You take the risk

His logic is literally *** backwards to the whole point of trying to win the game :lol: :lol:
If I’m his lawyer, I wouldn’t be wouldn’t take the job since I disagree, but I’m just saying put what they say in context. Now we got a bunch of people on Twitter saying he doesn’t know that 8 is a one-possession game.

In theory.......his decision made sense. Kinda

Get points, down 5. At least it eliminates the need for a 2 pt conversion.

2:21 on the clock and basically 4 timeouts. (2 min warning)

He just saw Pitt go 3 and out.

Get another at the 2 min mark and then you have all 4 downs til the game ends to get 6, not 8.

I KINDA get it, but they couldn't stop Najee's slow *** or Kenny two gloves. *Shrugs*

just watched josh's whole presser. still doesn't make any sense. especially from that close to the endzone. if they were at the 20 or 25, sure i guess

only thing i can think of that he would never admit is that they didn't have another reliable 2pt play to go to. they've struggled on those conversions, finally hit one earlier in the game. probably had nothing worth a damn left in the book. which also sounds asinine :lol:

It's Josh McDaniels, he is who we thought he was.

In theory.......his decision made sense. Kinda

Get points, down 5. At least it eliminates the need for a 2 pt conversion.

2:21 on the clock and basically 4 timeouts. (2 min warning)

He just saw Pitt go 3 and out.

Get another at the 2 min mark and then you have all 4 downs til the game ends to get 6, not 8.

I KINDA get it, but they couldn't stop Najee's slow *** or Kenny two gloves. *Shrugs*
Man Mike McDaniel ain't doing that ****

Doesn't really make sense at all. They had a chance to tie the game right then and there. This would have been a brilliant move if they were down 9 lol

What C CP1708 said is true, laid that out well in terms of what his thinking had to have been. They had all 3 TO, a two-minute warning, and then a TD even if you miss an XP wins it for you.

I definitely think they don’t have a confident 2-Pt conversion play and overall don’t believe in Jim or else his thinking would’ve been different and like the rest of ours, even tho we would still go for it on 4th and 4 even if Jim sucks.

it sucks but if McDaniel’s plan worked he woulda been all over the shows tomorrow but unfortunately he forgot who his defense was. But he’ll still be all over the talk shows tomorrow although for different reasoning.

I had Steelers ML so I appreciate his decisions.

Last edited:
The FG attempt makes sense if you dont think you can score the TD. For being an ‘offensive guru’ of the league, we run a basic *** offense thats predictable on damn near every snap and we havent broke 20 pts in a game yet.

1 L closer to firing McDaniels and 1 L closer to Caleb.

mcdaniels is a bozo.

say the raiders don't convert the 4th, you still have the steelers pinned deep in their own territory. if he trusts his defense to make the steelers go 3 and out down 5, then he should trust them to make them go three and out down 8 with over a minute left on the clock and in good field position.

all the FG did was put more pressure on the defense to play perfect the next series. him and jimmy deserve each other.

Back
Top Bottom