OFFICIAL NHL PLAYOFFS THREAD...

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Cant wait for game 6 tonight, ill be there
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
let's get it pens.

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

You can leave the thread now, what does that have to do with the stick Ovechkin is using? Nothing, contribute or leave. I wouldn't be surprised if Ovechkin becomes a Nike Bauer guy anyway if his contract with CCM is close to being up.

Hes going Warrior

[h2]Walker fined for punching Ward[/h2]
Comment Email Print Share
ESPN.com news services

Carolina Hurricanes forward Scott Walker was fined $2,500 but will not be suspended for punching Boston Bruins defenseman Aaron Ward in Game 5.

[h4]Stanley Cup Playoffs Blog[/h4]
Check out the latest updates and analysis from the 2009 Stanley Cup playoffs as our NHL crew weighs in:
2009 Playoffs blog

Walker received a five-minute fighting major, a two-minute instigation minor and a game-misconduct penalty for the altercation, with the instigator penalty carrying an automatic one-game suspension because it was levied in the final five minutes of regulation. However, the suspension was rescinded after a hearing with the NHL earlier Monday.

"I accept the league's decision," Walker said in a statement. "Based on what was said on the ice as I was dropping my gloves, it was my understanding that I was engaged in an altercation."

Ward left the Bruins' 4-0 victory with 2:47 remaining with what team doctors fear is a broken orbital bone after he was punched by Walker. Bruins coach Claude Julien said the play is "not something they should be proud of."

Hurricanes coach Paul Maurice laughed off the incident, saying Walker might have sore knuckles. The coach also joked that Walker would have to sell his truck if there was a fine.

"We are satisfied with the league's ruling," Hurricanes general manager Jim Rutherford said in a statement. "After our team received several punches throughout the series leading up to Game 5, it was a matter of time before one was going to be thrown back."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Originally Posted by DEIFIK

You can leave the thread now, what does that have to do with the stick Ovechkin is using? Nothing, contribute or leave. I wouldn't be surprised if Ovechkin becomes a Nike Bauer guy anyway if his contract with CCM is close to being up.

Hes going Warrior

Why? What benefit would he have going there? Imagine him going to Nike/Bauer who is Nikes rival? RBK, who represents RBK in hockey? Sid. Makes sense for Nike.

Hes going Warrior

Why? What benefit would he have going there? Imagine him going to Nike/Bauer who is Nikes rival? RBK, who represents RBK in hockey? Sid. Makes sense for Nike.
Evgeni Malkin already has a contract with Nike Bauer... I don't think they can have two of the biggest stars in the NHL under contract...Warrior makes sense.

just got back from ireland today...glad that my b's are still alive...although down 3-2...far from ideal. i hear i missed a good one last night

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Hes going Warrior

Evgeni Malkin already has a contract with Nike Bauer... I don't think they can have two of the biggest stars in the NHL under contract... Warrior makes sense.
Nike doesn't own Bauer anymore anyways. It's only Bauer now, all the new equipment coming out doesn't have Nike on it. After thisseason is over you won't see any players with any Nikebauer stuff on. Here's some pics of a protype stick with warrior.

3324_69815727170_570487170_1522085_5215196_n.jpg

3324_69815732170_570487170_1522086_5290288_n.jpg
3324_69815717170_570487170_1522084_3118994_n.jpg

I swear to god this series would've been over in 5 if the Caps didn't get so many lucky bounces and breaks.. i'm not saying they haven't workedhard to put themselves in position to capitalize on those bounces/breaks, but it still seems like 99 percent of every 50/50 situation has gone their way inthis series, and outside of those the Pens have dominated.

Yet they now lead in game 6 with a little over a period left for them to take back home ice with 1 to go.

C'mon Pens... rally.

huge PP goal to tie it up... we needed that so badly!

C'mon Pens... 20 minutes to move on, we're still dominating. Keep it up!!

The capitals getting lucky bounces? Do not tell me the Penguins lucky bounces haven't counted more then the capitals. ( the 2 overtime goals)

Originally Posted by Numberr97

The capitals getting lucky bounces? Do not tell me the Penguins lucky bounces haven't counted more then the capitals. ( the 2 overtime goals)

but i'm saying, the games wouldn't even have gotten to OT if the caps wouldn't be so forutnate to this point.. you can't tell me the Caps haveoutplayed the Pens... Ovie certainly, but nobody else.

defense just went to sleep after that 3rd goal.... all the intensity we had building there just disappeared.

Damn... gonna be tough to tie this up now.

btw.. nothing lucky about either of those last two goals, caps must've heard me
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom