Official NHL Regular Season Thread... Capitals win President's trophy

The NHL is smart though with not having any games on Sundays. Nobody will watch them. Unfortunately 9 out of 10 ppl would rather watch a blow out like the NEand TEN game than a quality hockey game.

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

I'm actually starting to feel bad for Leafs fans... smh
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

Lemaire showed some testicular fortiture breaking up Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner but Im not going to lie, the line of Halischuk-Zajac-Bergfors looked like exactly what the Devils needed. A second line with fast skilled players rather than relying on one line until Elias comes back. I liked that line a whole lot last night. I also wish the Devils could play 82 games on the road.
My man Hali
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
.......I missed the game Saturday, how did he play Gingers?

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I'm actually starting to feel bad for Leafs fans... smh
Dont feel bad for them, they deserve it. There's absolutely no reason the fans should be selling out every single Leafs game during their current state. This team has been atrocious 4 seasons prior to this one yet the fans still sellout the ACC and ticket prices increase annually. The Leafs are the richest franchise in the NHL for a reason...their fans eat up whatever the organization feeds them. I remember prior to the lockout the Leafs made some ******ed acquisitions on deadline day and it was front page news, talking about these moves would push the Leafs over the top. They got Phil Housley, Luke Richardson and Doug Gilmour
laugh.gif
smh.gif

You can still be loyal to a team and not support them. If the fans made a stand and stopped buying merchandise, tickets and making Leaf games the top rated program on prime time television then the team would be FORCED to build a contender. I'm not saying that the Leafs aren't trying to win now but it definitely isn't a priority for the organization as long as their enterprise value continues to rise.
^Agreed with everything said.........Since about 04 I've been saying that no matter how bad the Leafs are the fans are always going to sellout the ACC and management will feel no need to put out a quality team on the ice because fans will continue to support and put $$ in MLSE's pockets. Eventhough it will NEVER happen, the Leafs need an independent owner IMO......

As for how to fix our team now? Get rid of Toskala and Blake........Although, nobody wants either player
laugh.gif
I'm hearing that Toskala is trying to play his way out of herethough.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

how good is taylor hall? better than Tavares? i really have no clue about this up coming draft prospects
Overall he is a better player IMO.........In terms of pure scoring talent, Tavares > Hall. In Hall's 1st year in the O he put up 84pts in63 games and last year he put up 90 pts in 63 games en route to winning the Memorial Cup. So far through 13 games he has 24pts which is good for 2nd in theleague, leading goal scorer is Tyler Seguin with 26pts (Seguin is projected to go 3rd overall in the draft) This upcoming year is not as deep as previous yearsthough and I honestly feel the 1st rd is going to be where you find the guy who can play for your team within the first 3 years.

where are the real bruins? which team is the real bruins team?
laugh.gif

jekyll and hyde over here

milan lucic on long term injury?!?!?!
Lucic Placed on Long Term Injured Reserve
Bruins recall Lefebvre, Marchand and Sobotka.
Sunday, 10.18.2009 / 8:37 PM / News
Boston Bruins
BOSTON, MA - Boston Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli announced today that the club has recalled forwards Guillaume Lefebvre, Brad Marchand and Vladimir Sobotka from the Providence Bruins and placed forward Milan Lucic on Long Term Injured Reserve. Lefebvre's recall is on an emergency basis.

Invited to Boston's training camp on a tryout agreement, Lefebvre tallied one assist and 14 penalty minutes in five games for the Bruins this preseason. On September 26, the Bruins signed Lefebvre to a one-year contract, and on Monday, September 28 he was assigned to Providence.

Lefebvre was recalled by the Bruins on an emergency basis on Saturday, October 17 and played 11:01 in the Bruins 4-1 loss in Phoenix.

This morning, Lefebvre was loaned back to the Providence Bruins and had 17 PIM's in the squad's 7-2 in over the Portland Pirates. With the Providence Bruins this season, Lefebvre has appeared in five games with 0-1=1 totals and 42 penalty minutes.

Assigned to Providence on September 28, 2009, Marchand appeared in five games this preseason for Boston and netted two goals. With Providence this season, Marchand has appeared in six games, tallying 6-2=8 totals.

Marchand was selected by Boston in the third round (71st overall) in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft. Last season with the P-Bruins he notched 18-41=59 totals in 79 games.

Sobotka, who was selected by the Bruins in the fourth round (106th overall) in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft, has split the last two seasons between Boston and Providence. With Boston, he has appeared in 73 regular season games, recording two goals and 10 assists. With Providence, he has registered 30-34=64 totals in 62 regular seasoncontests.

Sobotka skated in seven games with Boston this preseason and tallied 1-1=2 totals, before being assigned to Providence on September 30, 2009. This season with Providence he has appeared in six games and has amassed 4-6=10 totals.

Lucic was placed on long term injured reserve after suffering a broken finger in the Bruins 3-0 win over the Dallas Stars on Friday, October 16. He has appeared in six games for the Bruins this season, tallying 0-3=3 totals.

The Bruins are in action next when they host the Nashville Predators at the TD Garden on Wednesday, October 21 at 7:00 p.m. ET (TV:NESN, Radio: 98.5 The Sports Hub).

THE BOSTON BRUINS HAVE TRADED CHUCK KOBASEW TO THE MINNESOTA WILD. THE BRUINS RECEIVED CRAIG WELLER, A 2ND ROUND DRAFT PICK IN 2011 AND THE RIGHTS TO PROSPECT ALEXANDER FALLSTROM.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Craig Anderson and the Avs
eek.gif
this team was supposed to be one of the bottom feeders in the west and their in 1st.
I cant believe someone in our league dropped him. The guy that dropped him probably thinks that the Avs wont sustain this hot start (I agree 100%) but I think it was way too early to drop the hottest goalie in the league right now. I would've waited for the wave to die out before dropping Anderson.

yes it was me who dropped him

Originally Posted by cquan05

THE BOSTON BRUINS HAVE TRADED CHUCK KOBASEW TO THE MINNESOTA WILD. THE BRUINS RECEIVED CRAIG WELLER, A 2ND ROUND DRAFT PICK IN 2011 AND THE RIGHTS TO PROSPECT ALEXANDER FALLSTROM.

anyone have input/thoughts on craig weller and fallstrom?

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

how good is taylor hall? better than Tavares? i really have no clue about this up coming draft prospects
Overall he is a better player IMO.........In terms of pure scoring talent, Tavares > Hall. In Hall's 1st year in the O he put up 84pts in 63 games and last year he put up 90 pts in 63 games en route to winning the Memorial Cup. So far through 13 games he has 24pts which is good for 2nd in the league, leading goal scorer is Tyler Seguin with 26pts (Seguin is projected to go 3rd overall in the draft) This upcoming year is not as deep as previous years though and I honestly feel the 1st rd is going to be where you find the guy who can play for your team within the first 3 years.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

anyone have input/thoughts on craig weller and fallstrom?

Weller is just a 4th line guy........I think the B's had to move Kobasew in order to make room for the call ups since Lucic went on the LongTerm IR. Fallstrom is a good prospect though, was the captain of Shattuck St. Mary's last year and is a freshmen this year @ Harvard. Power Forward type ofguy I believe......follow Harvard's season this year and you'll get an idea of what type of player Fallstrom is.

^ word, thanks quan

EDIT: so the callups are on two way contracts. that shouldn't affect the salary cap, right? so now the trade seems like we dumped chuck to clear up somespace. my friend thinks we're going to try and showcase sobotka and marchand a bit, possibly pull off a big trade soon. who knows. we just need to get ouract together, thats for sure.

I !###!@* hate NHL10... you pass across the crease to the other guy and its an automatic goal. I can't play this game anymore because thats all everybodydoes. It's !###!@* horse +$$%

I !###!@* hate NHL10... you pass across the crease to the other guy and its an automatic goal. I can't play this game anymore because thats all everybody does. It's !###!@* horse +$$%
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Good ol' pass in front or across the crease from either side of the rink for the automatic goal
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Weak rumblings that the Kobasew dump is to clear room for a Kovalchuk trade... keyword is weak but its been thrown around before.

Kovalchuk/Savard/Lucic - Ryder/Krejci/Wheeler top 2 = Holy good god..
eek.gif

DO IT PETER

^It's more so a move so that they can have room to sign Savard to an extension........which they're working on now
wink.gif

Quan, in regards to Halischuk, he just needs a chance. Sutter didnt let any young guys crack the rotation for one reason or another and Lemaire is. He playedwith Zajac as his center and Bergfors on the right wing. The line as a whole looked pretty good, more so Zajac and Berg than him though. I like what he bringto the Devils though and he hasn't been on the score sheet much but he is contributing with some physical play and skating hard.

indifferent.gif
@ Valiquette playing tonight... Heatley is gonna light him upbeyond belief. Such a stupid decision on Tortorella's part.

I should just stay home now...
smh.gif

indifferent.gif
@ Valiquette playing tonight... Heatley is gonna light him up beyond belief. Such a stupid decision on Tortorella's part.

smh.gif

I don't like how coaches draw up the goalie schedules, it's like if your goalie is playing well, why take him out because you want to stick to awritten schedule?

indifferent.gif
@ Valiquette playing tonight... Heatley is gonna light him up beyond belief. Such a stupid decision on Tortorella's part.

smh.gif
i hope he does, he hasnt done squat the last 3 games. 0 SOG last game
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom