Official NHL Regular Season Thread... Capitals win President's trophy

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

just scored winter classic tickets
pimp.gif

my boy works security at fenway, he got me a code.

he said theres a chance he can get more, so bjm and phillballa, hit me up if you feel like going. IF i can get another code from him, it's only 2 tickets per code...so i'll let you guys figure it out.

obviously anyone else who is interested and serious, let me know and i'll try my best. i just ask that if i can get you a code, you dont try and resell cause my friend could get in trouble.

I'm legitimately interested.

Let me know: [email protected]

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Did yall see Rick Rypien MAUL Zack Sortini? Dude is relentless...i'm gonna make a quasi bold statement...Rypien IS the best fighter in the NHL....I dunno how he'd fare against a guy like Boogaard due to the height/reach, but it would be interesting.

he fought Hal Gill and Andy Sutton. both pretty big guys

didnt lose either. i dont recall any takedowns, but lets just say when you're that small and light, you're not taking down a 6' 6" guy

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Winter Classic was supposed to happen this year at old Yankee Stadium, but the Yankees didn't want the last game to beplayed there, be via the NHL.

Originally Posted by Ziostilon

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Did yall see Rick Rypien MAUL Zack Sortini? Dude is relentless...i'm gonna make a quasi bold statement...Rypien IS the best fighter in the NHL....I dunno how he'd fare against a guy like Boogaard due to the height/reach, but it would be interesting.

he fought Hal Gill and Andy Sutton. both pretty big guys

didnt lose either. i dont recall any takedowns, but lets just say when you're that small and light, you're not taking down a 6' 6" guy

He beat the piss outta Hal Gill a few weeks ago...I forgot they had a tilt. Gill is as soft as baby poo though, but a good W for Rypien

*NHL screwed up royally by NOT having the Caps in the Winter Classic @ Fenway
smh.gif

**I think DMXFury and I had a brief conversation about this, but how EPIC would it be to have the Caps play the Pens on the Nat'l Mall? Of course it wouldnever happen....but still. If anything, use RFK.

Updated: October 21, 2009, 12:59 PM ET

[h2]Whitfield recalled to replace Savard[/h2]

Comment Email Print ESPN.com news services

Marc Savard, the Boston Bruins' leading scorer, has been placed on long-term injured reserve with a broken left foot.

The team, which announced the move Wednesday, recalled forward Trent Whitfield from AHL Providence on an emergency basis.

826.jpg

Savard

Savard is expected to miss four to six weeks with the injury. He has led the Bruins in scoring in each of the past three seasons and currently leads the team with seven points in seven games.

Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli told ESPN.com that Savard first injured his foot in preseason.

"It quieted down for the longest time and then it got aggravated [Tuesday] in practice," Chiarelli said Wednesday. "So he got it looked at. There wasn't anything to alarm us in preseason because he played with what we thought was just a bruise."

Savard played in all 82 games last season, finishing with 25 goals and 63 assists.

Whitfield, 32, was signed by Boston as a free agent during the summer. He has three goals and five assists in six games with Providence.

Whitfield has played in 177 NHL games with the Capitals, Rangers and Blues.

Whitfield will be available to play in Wednesday night's game against the Nashville Predators.

Information from ESPN.com NHL writer Pierre LeBrun was used in this report.
oh thank god, trent whitfield will be up to fill in the void
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Winter Classic was supposed to happen this year at old Yankee Stadium, but the Yankees didn't want the last game to be played there, be via the NHL.
It was supposed to be played there but the stadium was not winterized... no plumbing etc.

So they had to change locations.

nice win by the bruins tonight...glad to see others stepping up and filling the void. keep it up.

tim thomas looked better. he needs to get on that lucky streak that he had almost all of last year.

Good win by the Bruins, granted it was Nashville. Sloppy first but good second and third periods minus Morris knocking the puck in our goal..
laugh.gif

I was really hoping Stuart and Hornqvist would throw down. They went at it all night.

Originally Posted by cquan05

eek.gif
@ Willie Mitchell leveling Toews tonight.

before some blindfolded hawks fan comes in. It was a clean hit. Willie didnt lift the shoulder

Smart move by hawks coaching staff for not putting him back in unlike the Habs did with Bergeron

ohwell.gif
@ Gonchar's injury. Pens are gonna definitely miss him, but I amjust glad it's still very early in the season. If this injury would have happened around playoff time
frown.gif

Gonchar out 6 weeks sucks but the tram is playing so well they should survive. I agree about the national mall. That would be epic and the NHL should do Phillyv Pitt in Happy Valley

Gingers....here ya go...

I saw this last night, and it was TOTALLY clean. If I was Toews, I'd be having words w. Cam Barker about that pass once I regained my senses...

that was wild
sick.gif

i didnt get home till late last night and this is my first time seeing it

damn

Oh my god...
sick.gif
More impressive to me is the fact Toews got up, andalthough he stumbled, got off the ice on his own power. Hes a friggin man.
laugh.gif

Bruins @ Flyers tonight. Hopefully we can pull out the W. Emery has a history of owning us. He's like 4-1 with a sub 2.00 GAA lifetime vs Boston.

Likely Tuukka vs Emery with Timmy going last night.

Back
Top Bottom