Official NHL Regular Season Thread... Capitals win President's trophy

Tortorella said it was precautionary and he's not worried... who knows. If he goes on the IR, I will cry.

Beat writer just reported Gaborik was not seen limping anymore and Gaborik said its not the hip or groin.
Marian Gaborik, who left the ice late in third period after colliding with one of the Coyotes, spent a long time in the trainers room after the game but was not limping when he emerged.

Gaborik, who seemed to be flexing his right leg as he left the ice, would not specify the problem only to say it wasn't related to his groin or hip, injuries that limited him to 17 games last season. Gaborik also wouldn't speculate as to whether he'd be on the ice for the Rangers' noon practice tomorrow or for their game Wednesday against the Islanders.

"We'll see how everything is in the morning," Gaborik said.

Sounds like he should be fine.

Amazing start to the season though. I turned it off after he scored his 9th of the year shaking my head
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Physicx

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by Physicx

im itching to go to a game. everyone who i hang out with these days isnt a hockey fan, or sports fan in general for that matter. its either i go alone or call someone who i havent talked to in like 3 years. im leaning towards going alone so i can get a better seat but i donno
i know what you mean man. none of my friends in ny like watching hockey. i ALWAYS have to go to the bar alone to watch bruins games. none of my roommates give a damn about hockey. i know its different than actually going to the game, but just go for it. usually by the end of the game you'll be talking to the people next you anyway.
well +%#+, i wouldnt go watch a BRUINS game with YOU either
laugh.gif
i kid i kid

but yeah, i got tickets (or ticket rather
laugh.gif
) to the colorado and edmonton game on nov 18. pretty far away. i wanted to go the the colorado game tomorrow but i have sched clashes. i would go to the nyr and detroit games this and next thurs but i have evening classes those days too

and for the record, it would be pretty cool to have a beer and watch a game with you
pimp.gif
word homey
pimp.gif

not that it means all that much, but whatever:

[table][tr][td]2009-2010 Power Rankings: Week 5[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]RK (PV)[/td] [td] TEAM[/td] [td]REC.[/td] [td]COMMENT[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pit.gif
[/td] [td]1 (1)[/td] [td]Penguins[/td] [td]9-2-0[/td] [td]Let's see how they are without Mr. Gonchar in a month. So far, the Pens are 1-for-10 on the power play in two games without the veteran defenseman. Cause for concern?[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
cgy.gif
[/td] [td]2 (7)[/td] [td]Flames[/td] [td]7-2-1[/td] [td]Not sure why Burnside had them so low last week. Maybe it's that anti-Canadian thing he's got going ever since he swore the oath of allegiance. (By the way, pet peeve of mine with Americans: We don't have box scores in hockey, we have game summaries.) Anyway, the Flames are riding the NHL's top-ranked power play at 32.3 percent.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
buf.gif
[/td] [td]3 (11)[/td] [td]Sabres[/td] [td]6-1-1[/td] [td]Move on up, boys! They've played only eight games as of Monday morning, but it's enough of a sample size to realize that all of you who picked them to miss the playoffs will eat your words. And how impressive has rookie Tyler Myers been?[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
los.gif
[/td] [td]4 (19)[/td] [td]Kings[/td] [td]8-4-0[/td] [td]And your NHL leading scorer is ... Anze Kopitar. The Slovenian ace led all NHLers with 21 points (10-11) through 12 games heading into this week as the Kings battle San Jose for the Pacific Division lead. Really, Burnside ... 19th last week? C'mon.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
col.gif
[/td] [td]5 (3)[/td] [td]Avalanche[/td] [td]8-1-2[/td] [td]Seems harsh for me to drop them two spots even though they did nothing to warrant it this week, including a win over the Red Wings. But I just can't shake the feeling that when we look back at the NHL standings in two months, they won't be top-five in the league. Still, a heck of a start by the kids in Denver.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
san.gif
[/td] [td]6 (14)[/td] [td]Sharks[/td] [td]7-4-1[/td] [td]A solid week on the road brings our perennial Cup contenders back up where they deserve to be. How about Patrick Marleau's reaction so far to losing the "C"? Try nine goals and 16 points in 12 games.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
chi.gif
[/td] [td]7 (10)[/td] [td]Blackhawks[/td] [td]6-3-1[/td] [td]Remember the old Alka Seltzer ad? "Plop plop, fizz fizz, oh what a relief it is." Well, we think Cristobal Huet was humming that tune after Saturday night's 2-0 shutout win over Nashville.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
was.gif
[/td] [td]8 (
glasses.gif
[/td] [td]Capitals[/td] [td]6-2-2[/td] [td]So explain this to me: How does a power-play unit that features Alex Ovechkin, Nicklas Backstrom and Mike Green rank 20th in the NHL?[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
nyr.gif
[/td] [td]9 (2)[/td] [td]Rangers[/td] [td]7-3-1[/td] [td]Losses to San Jose, New Jersey and Montreal during the past seven days remind us that the Blueshirts are indeed human. Hey guys, a little defense, eh?[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
njd.gif
[/td] [td]10 (15)[/td] [td]Devils[/td] [td]6-3-0[/td] [td]Lou's boys gradually rise in our rankings every week. One player to keep an eye on is Nicklas Bergfors. He has a nice touch around the net.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
phi.gif
[/td] [td]11 (17)[/td] [td]Flyers[/td] [td]5-3-1[/td] [td]Nice to see Simon Gagne finally get on the board. Mike Richards? Methinks he was fortunate to escape punishment from the league for his vicious hit on David Booth.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
van.gif
[/td] [td]12 (22)[/td] [td]Canucks[/td] [td]6-5-0[/td] [td]Roberto Luongo back at the top of his game as he backstops wins over Chicago, Toronto and Edmonton.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
bos.gif
[/td] [td]13 (21)[/td] [td]Bruins[/td] [td]5-4-1[/td] [td]You have to love the way they've responded to Marc Savard's and Milan Lucic's injuries. Patrice Bergeron, in particular, has really led the charge.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
dal.gif
[/td] [td]14 (13)[/td] [td]Stars[/td] [td]5-2-4[/td] [td]Snubbed by Team Canada at its Olympic orientation camp this past summer, Brad Richards has roared out of the gates with 13 points (3-10) and a plus-5 rating in nine games.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
cls.gif
[/td] [td]15 (4)[/td] [td]Blue Jackets[/td] [td]6-4-0[/td] [td]A bit of a tumble here in our rankings, kind of like Steve Mason's tumble in net. The reigning Calder Trophy winner is out of sorts right now -- 3.51 GAA and .883 save percentage.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pho.gif
[/td] [td]16 (5)[/td] [td]Coyotes[/td] [td]6-3-0[/td] [td]The Coyotes get docked in my rankings for poor home attendance. Veteran defenseman Ed Jovanovski looking terrific with seven points (3-4) and a plus-2 rating through nine games.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
ott.gif
[/td] [td]17 (6)[/td] [td]Senators[/td] [td]5-2-2[/td] [td]We punish the Sens for unimpressive losses to Nashville and Boston this past week. Ottawa needs to improve its 29th-ranked power play. Luckily, the Sens have the best penalty kill in the NHL.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
mon.gif
[/td] [td]18 (27)[/td] [td]Canadiens[/td] [td]5-5-0[/td] [td]Big jump this week for the firewagon Habs, winners of three straight with Jaroslav Halak in net.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
atl.gif
[/td] [td]19 (9)[/td] [td]Thrashers[/td] [td]4-3-1[/td] [td]Losses to San Jose and Washington pale in comparison to what the loss of superstar captain Ilya Kovalchuk would be. Let's keep our fingers crossed.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
edm.gif
[/td] [td]20 (12)[/td] [td]Oilers[/td] [td]6-4-1[/td] [td]Brutal weekend with losses to rivals Calgary and Vancouver. But a feel-good story is Dustin Penner, reborn after his first two brutal seasons in Edmonton.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
det.gif
[/td] [td]21 (16)[/td] [td]Red Wings[/td] [td]3-4-2[/td] [td]The road trip, which began with losses in Phoenix and Colorado, now heads to Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary. Gut-check time for hockey's modern-day dynasty.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
ana.gif
[/td] [td]22 (20)[/td] [td]Ducks[/td] [td]3-5-1[/td] [td]Here's a deadly combo: 24th in offense and 27th in defense. So far, the balanced scoring we were supposed to see this season hasn't materialized.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
stl.gif
[/td] [td]23 (18)[/td] [td]Blues[/td] [td]4-4-1[/td] [td]They're 2-4-1 in North America this season. Sniper Brad Boyes has only two goals through nine games.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
tam.gif
[/td] [td]24 (24)[/td] [td]Lightning[/td] [td]3-3-3[/td] [td]Vincent Lecavalier finally scores his first goal of the season after coach Rick Tocchet sends Martin St. Louis to the rescue on his line.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
car.gif
[/td] [td]25 (25)[/td] [td]Hurricanes[/td] [td]2-5-3[/td] [td]Olympic pressure? Star center Eric Staal off to slow start with only four points (1-3) in 10 games.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
min.gif
[/td] [td]26 (29)[/td] [td]Wild[/td] [td]3-7-0[/td] [td]They move up three spots in our rankings this week thanks to gritty wins over Colorado and Carolina.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
fla.gif
[/td] [td]27 (23)[/td] [td]Panthers[/td] [td]2-6-1[/td] [td]A team that already can't score may lose its top offensive star for a while. How long depends on how David Booth recovers from that concussion.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
nsh.gif
[/td] [td]28 (26)[/td] [td]Predators[/td] [td]3-6-1[/td] [td]Speaking of teams that can't score, Nashville ranks dead last in the NHL in offense, averaging 1.70 goals per game. Alexander Radulov, come back from Russia already![/td] [/tr][tr][td]
nyi.gif
[/td] [td]29 (28)[/td] [td]Islanders[/td] [td]1-4-4[/td] [td]Strange that a team with three starting goalies, albeit only two healthy ones, would be 28th in goals-against (3.56). But don't blame Dwayne Roloson and Martin Biron; they're not getting any help in front of them.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
tor.gif
[/td] [td]30 (30)[/td] [td]Maple Leafs[/td] [td]0-7-1[/td] [td]The only reason Mr. LeBrun wants to see the Leafs get a few wins is out of fear his Toronto neighborhood might be soon set ablaze. The natives are restless, you know, with the team's worst start in franchise history and all. Does it help that the Buds deserved a better fate Saturday in Vancouver?[/td] [/tr][/table]

All the f'ing Ducks had to do was beat Anaheim and I wouldve had the parlay last night and be $300 richer. Really? Toronto scores 5 power play goals?

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

All the f'ing Ducks had to do was beat Anaheim and I wouldve had the parlay last night and be $300 richer. Really? Toronto scores 5 power play goals?
lol wut

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

lol wut
laugh.gif

he bet on three games as a group and toronto messed it up, im guessing...

I'm officially not wasting my time watching the Ducks play until Carlyle is fired. He has completely lost the players and is so +%#++#* dumb that he'sunable to realize that his system of dump and chase, grind it out hockey doesn't work anymore with this personnel!

Also, it doesn't help when you are shorthanded for an entire game. Leafs had 4 5on3 goals in the game. The officiating was a joke, no consistency in thecalls being made. Most of them were the right calls on the Ducks outside of the Perry double minor and the amazing BS slashing on Wiz when he touched nothingbut puck. The calls just weren't being made both ways. 15 to 3 on PP chances?!?!

Iggy's wrist shot > Everyone in the league currently.......

Semin best pure sniper in the league?
eek.gif
I'll put up a better argumentATFK, too tired right now
laugh.gif

Interesting numbers right now.........

Anze Kopitar and Marian Gaborik are leading the NHL in goals right now with 10 apiece. Just as important: Who isn'tin the mix for the League lead after being in the Top 10 last season …

The number of goal scorers from last season's Top 10 who are currently in the Top 10 for this season: Alex Ovechkin, IlyaKovalchuk and Dany Heatley. Among the M.I.A. snipers:Jeff Carter (4 goals in nine games), Rick Nash (6 goals in 10 games), the injured Marian Hossa and ThomasVanek, and Eric Staal, who continues his early seasonstruggle with 3 goals and 1 assist in 10 games.

Zero

The number of assists for Ryan Malone of the Tampa Bay Lightning. Stunning in the sense that the guy has seven points on the season - all of them goals.Bugsy's never exactly been Adam Oates in the helper department, but the ratio between goals and assists has been a tad closer than it isthis season.

The number of goals for Lightning sophomore Steven Stamkos, to tieMalone for the team lead. The linemates have propelled the Bolts' offense while Vincent Lecavalier has started slowly and Alex Tanguay (0-2-2, minus-3) has become one of the most prominent busts early this season. For all thegrief we've given Stamkos here, three cheers for him becoming the pro many felt he could become.

http://10,699

The average attendance for the Phoenix Coyotes (viaESPN's imperfect count) in five home games, despite the 17,532 padded gate for the bargain basement home opener. Does that change with the ownershipsituation settling and the team playing well?

The average attendance for the New York Islanders in five home games, after finishing last in the NHLin reported average draws (13,773) last season. They averaged 13,349 in their first five home games last season. Lighthouse Effect > John Tavares Effect?

The number of times the Anaheim Ducks have been shorthanded in 10 games this season, third in theLeague behind the New York Rangers (59 in 12 games) and the Carolina Hurricanes (58 in 10 games). The difference between the three teams? The Rangers have drawn 51 powerplays; the Hurricanes have drawn 45; but the Ducks have a paltry 34 man advantages, which is third fewest in the NHL. So the answer is no: The undisciplinedand embarrassing display against the Toronto Maple Leafs on Monday night wasn't an aberration.

The number of penalties Mason Raymond of the Vancouver Canucks has drawn in 11 games, via Behind the Net. That leads the NHL, and is especiallyimpressive when you consider he's only taken one penalty in that span.

The goals-against average (with an .816 save percentage) for IlyaBryzgalov of the Phoenix Coyotes in his three lossesthis season, compared with a 1.30 GAA and a .949 save percentage in his six victories. Talk about feast or famine.

The number of shootout attempts faced by Colorado Avalanche goalie Craig Anderson this season, allowing six shootout goals (.600 save percentage). He's 1-2 inshootouts; all 15 attempts came in road games.

The winning percentage for Paul Gaustad of the Buffalo Sabres in 120 faceoffs, leading the NHL for players with 100 attempts or more. That includes 14 wins and 4losses in shorthanded faceoff attempts.

The shooting percentage for Brent Burns of the Minnesota Wild, which is last in the NHL for players with at least one goal. He has one tally this season against34 shots on goal. Leading the NHL? Michal Handzus of the Los Angeles Kings, with 5 goals on 14 shots for a 35.7 shooting percentage. Zeus!

The number of games this season in which the Chicago Blackhawks have been outshot. They lead the Leaguein shots on goal (376), right ahead of the Pittsburgh Penguins (373) and Alexander Ovechkin (3…justkidding).

from� http://www.nhlsnipers.com

BONUS:� ORR VS. PARROS NO ZEBRAS ALLOWED
laugh.gif

Well tonights game was ugly. The Devils looked absolutely terrible in all aspects of the game. PK was in shambles, the powerplay was even worse. They got a tomany men on the ice penalty DURING THEIR F'ING POWERPLAY. I am becoming more and more frustrated with this team when they're playing at home. On theroad they look fantastic, but at home its like watching the Trenton Devils.

The Kid with the trick, NICE. I'm with you deadset about going to bars to watch games, thankfully I got the wife to really get into the Pens so now Idon't have to go alone

Back
Top Bottom