Official NHL Regular Season Thread... Capitals win President's trophy

Cheer up:

[h2]Ovechkin won't change his style[/h2]
Comment Email Print Share
Associated Press

ARLINGTON, Va. -- Alex Ovechkin says he isn't going to change his playing style because of a two-game suspension.

Asked about the penalty he received from the NHL for a knee-to-knee hit, the Washington Capitals star said Wednesday it might make him "more angry."

Ovechkin was ejected after the hit on Carolina's Tim Gleason in Monday night, the second time in less than a week he has been tossed from a game.

Coach Bruce Boudreau suggested Tuesday that he might talk with Ovechkin about curbing some of his aggressive play, but on Wednesday the coach said he's not going to tinker with the league's two-time reigning MVP.

Boudreau says he is "satisfied with the way he plays."

And everyone make sure you watch the battle for the starting goalie of Canada's team tonight. Marty and Luongo going at it at the rock. Stevie Y said he'll be watching.

I love the shootout cause it's fun to watch and I always want to see people's new creative moves and etc and it's also because I am a big breakawayguy myself.

Although I hate shootouts as a way to decide the winner of a game. Its true, its a complete toss up and it could go either way. But I am also not a fan of the3rd column. I think it should be win or loss, therefore I would like hard fought overtimes to decide all games.

So numberr97, when are you going to become a NY Rangers fan?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You got the NY teams in your sig, but yet you have the Dallas Stars of all teams...

shootouts
fkxrbl_th.jpg
stink. they make the flyers look like amateurs plus we cant stop any
smh.gif

The Philadelphia Flyers announced that they have signed 6'2", 195-pound defenseman Oskars Bartulis (AWZ-kahrs, bahr-TEW-lihs) to a three-year contractextension, according to club General Manager Paul Holmgren. Per club policy, financial terms were not disclosed.

pimp.gif

Frenchblue23 never haha I hate them. I grew up playing hockey and following it closely, and I had always liked the Dallas Stars for some reason I don'thave a clue as to why. Then we had a youth hockey tournament and it was in Dallas. I met the Dallas stars of that time, and we got to skate and practice withthem. That was the deal breaker for me. I also liked the devils too, but then that finals match between them and stars made me miserable haha.

I also didn't like the rangers back then because to me it would seem like they would get all the best players and they wouldn't want to play. It'slike they were there just for the check. It might not have been the case but that was my reasoning as a little kid. I just didn't see the hard work fromthem as I did from other teams. It made me hate them. With that said I have baby pics of me in rangers clothes, and went to the Stanley cup parade in 94,thanks to my dad
eyes.gif

i used to like the shootouts, but thats when we lead the league in so victories
laugh.gif

now its just...ummm...yeah, we're $!*!*@

edit - im down for 4 on 4 ot
pimp.gif

So the Blues suck at shootouts, let me start there. But let's get rid of all this BS and go back to 1995 - 5v5 OT, 5:00, winner gets 2 points and the losergets NOTHING. If nobody scores, then it ends in a tie with each team getting a point. No points for an OTL either.

What I don't understand is how they do the shootout for 82 games and then....What? Playoffs? Oh yeah, no shootout here and no 4v4 either. I hate when asport drastically changes it's practices because of the magnitude of the game. Kind of like the last second foul in basketball - it is a foul or itisn't, you don't change the game.

On a side not, I love watching 4 on 4 hockey. I'm sure goalies love it too
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

KANE, TOEWS, & KEITH SIGNED EXTENSIONS IN CHICAGO
I'll have a link up shortly...

Chicago's brightest young stars appear to be on the verge of staying in the Windy Citylong-term.

The Chicago Blackhawkshave called a press conference on Thursday afternoon at the United Center where, according to CSNChicago.com, the team will announce thesignings of Patrick Kane,Jonathan Toews and Duncan Keith to multi-year contractextensions.

According to the report, Toews and Kane will sign five-year contract extensions, while Keith has reportedly agreed to a13-year deal.

Thursday's press conference will be streamed on the Blackhawks' web site (chicagoblackhawks.com) at 2 p.m.CT.

Sources say Toews and Kane will both sign five-year contract extensions worth around $6.3 million per season. Duncan Keith's deal is worth $72 million spread over 13 years at an average of $5.5 million per year.

Originally Posted by cquan05

pimp.gif
@ Bergeron's pass to Sturm for the 4th goal.
patrice has been HUGE this year...has me eating a lot of crow actually
laugh.gif

solid win tonight. i practically had to fight the bartender at texas roadhouse tonight to put the game on. she had all 6 tvs on like some new england sportsreport show on comcast. i was like, "can i have just one tv on NESN?". she gives me the
indifferent.gif
and a flat out "no". the restaurant manager overhears the exchange and is like, "right away, young man, i apologize". stupid broad
smh.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

solid win tonight. i practically had to fight the bartender at texas roadhouse tonight to put the game on. she had all 6 tvs on like some new england sports report show on comcast. i was like, "can i have just one tv on NESN?". she gives me the
indifferent.gif
and a flat out "no". the restaurant manager over hears the exchange and is like, "right away, young man, i apologize". stupid broad
smh.gif
Hopefully she got in trouble for it by the manager
laugh.gif

Keiths 12 year contract I am willing to bet my left testicle is front loaded like the Hossa and Prongers deal the NHL looked into. While I understand it isperfectly acceptable Im not a fan of this. Pronger will be making something like 250k his final year. Its a BS way to get around the cap IMO, while it istechnically fine, I dislike it.

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

Keiths 12 year contract I am willing to bet my left testicle is front loaded like the Hossa and Prongers deal the NHL looked into. While I understand it is perfectly acceptable Im not a fan of this. Pronger will be making something like 250k his final year. Its a BS way to get around the cap IMO, while it is technically fine, I dislike it.
I agree 100%.

The NHL cap is nothing more than a formality at this point since there are so many ways to cheat the system. You can bury players in the minors, put them onthe long-term disability list or just give them ******ed 10+ year contracts.

NHL unrestricted free agency is gonna be almost non-existent in a couple of years with all these top players signing these life-time contracts. When July rollsaround teams are gonna be deciding on which 3rd and 4th liners they want to sign
smh.gif

The NHL also has to protect the owners from their own stupidity. The owners think that giving a player a 10-year-deal will save them some money down the line.However, what happens if that player suffers a career ending injury 2 seasons into his deal or if the player performance diminishes?

Back
Top Bottom