Official NHL Regular Season Thread... Capitals win President's trophy

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

Im prolly gonna get flamed for this but I cant justify spending $200+ for an authentic so I am asking if anyone knows where I can get some hockey jerseys on the cheap.
I feel you. I want an authentic Iginla home sweater, but can't fathom dropping $300+

Gingers, if you need something new, not sure if you can beat that (except Reebok sometimes does 30% off their website, so you can pick it up a little cheaper then have it personalized). I usually just search ebay for old CCM jerseys, get them for 30-40 bucks and have them personalized at my local sports shop that does it properly

I used to see a bunch of like $50 on ebay. I am fully aware they were fake but 9 out of 10 people dont care and I am one of the 9. Its different wearing shoes that fall apart because they aren't real. I have one of the $40 Ovechkins and I took it to the NHL store in Manhattan and I couldn't notice a difference. The sales associate even asked if I was returning it. I really want a Parise Olympic jersey.

Tell you what I'm not happy about as a Blackhawks fan:

Hossa left Saturday's game with a concussion. If this were still the NHL season he'd be sitting out for 2 weeks or so (just like Toews and Eager did earlier) to get completely healthy.

But he's not under NHL watch right now, and he's playing this week in the Olympics.

Horrible.

The sales associate even asked if I was returning it. I really want a Parise Olympic jersey.
Ummm...yes I'll take store credit
laugh.gif

Yeah, I want a Fleury or Sid Canada one, but I'm going to wait till after the Olympics and the prices dive a bit

Picked up my Crosby Canada jersey earlier today.....will snap pics when I get home from Vancouver.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by prodigalson11

Tell you what I'm not happy about as a Blackhawks fan:

Hossa left Saturday's game with a concussion. If this were still the NHL season he'd be sitting out for 2 weeks or so (just like Toews and Eager did earlier) to get completely healthy.

But he's not under NHL watch right now, and he's playing this week in the Olympics.

Horrible.

Some of these dudes care way more about a Gold Medal than a playoff run or a cup. Granted I dont think the Slovaks are gonna win, but its all about pride to a lot of the players. Especially being the olympics, it isnt like the World Championships that happen every year.

yeah i agree...it's the olympics. you need to play. i know personally i would want to play. it's an honor to play wearing your country's jersey. gotta do it

off current topic but i was reading last night about the Triple Gold Club (players to win a Cup/WC/Gold Medal) and theres 3 players on the 08 Wings Cup team who were also on the 06 Sweeds WC/Gold team (Kronwall, Samuelson, Zetterberg) and Nick Lidstrom who was on the cup team, Gold team, and the 91 WC team. Thats rediculous.
eek.gif
Detroit knows how to pick'em.

Thank God for CTVOlympics streaming, I'm catching all of these round robin games. Finland-Belarus right now
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bjm5295

off current topic but i was reading last night about the Triple Gold Club (players to win a Cup/WC/Gold Medal) and theres 3 players on the 08 Wings Cup team who were also on the 06 Sweeds WC/Gold team (Kronwall, Samuelson, Zetterberg) and Nick Lidstrom who was on the cup team, Gold team, and the 91 WC team. Thats rediculous.
eek.gif
Detroit knows how to pick'em.
During last night's Canada-USA broadcast, it was mentioned how Niedermayer is one of 3 players to win all 6 major hockey championships (Memorial Cup/World Junior Championship/Stanley Cup/World Championship/World Cup/Olympic Gold).

cquan05 wrote:
Picked up my Crosby Canada jersey earlier today.....will snap pics when I get home from Vancouver.
pimp.gif

Nice, how's the fit compared to a Reebok Edge jersey? I am hesitant to pull the trigger because from the looks of how loose the collar is on the Nike jersey.

Originally Posted by Son of Troy

Originally Posted by Proshares

Back to some NHL News, Devils are rumored to be looking at bringing in Niedermayer AND Ponikarovsky
laugh.gif

Not going to happen, watch.

Yeah, definitely not happening. We are only two points out of a playoff spot, with one of the easiest schedules in the league to finish the season. If anything, we will be trying to trade for a guy like Seidenberg.

This is Jagr showcasing himself for an NHL team next year IMO.

I knew Hiller was good...but dude was insane tonight.

Nah, he could have gone back to the NHL for a while now and it hasn't happened. I don't think he will ever return

Great game by Canada to get the win, Hiller was going bananas in goal, Kid and Marty with the win in the SO

Back
Top Bottom