OFFICIAL NIKE AIR COMMAND FORCE PUMP & 180 PUMP RETRO THREAD (**NEW ACTUAL PIC ON PG 1)

These shoes are almost not worth the hassle, I just got my pair in from the phone order and it has flaws all around (dents, toe stitching error, insole) and you guys may want to make sure that the outlets actually take off the security tags on the shoes -_- they left them on mine. Also the left pair fits better than the right. This is the second flawed pair I have received and they will be going back.
That doesn't sound good. Did you get yours from the Tulare outlet?

I phone-ordered one pair from Tulare that's supposedly on the way. Unfortunately, I don't really have the option of a true refund if they are flawed, since I had to buy with a Nike gift card. I had to buy a gift card because the store employee couldn't get my credit card to work (even though I use this card multiple times per week, everywhere). And all my other credit cards are linked to a PO Box. Apparently the Tulare store wont ship to a PO Box, and the shipping address must match the billing address. Bah!

I received one pair of University Reds that had red stains on the white toe box area (just below the laces) and on the top of the white collar area. This same pair also had some weird outward bend in the pump area on one of the shoes. How these shoes left the factory like that is beyond me. Other than that, however, I've been pretty lucky with the other pairs I've received via mail.

Last edited:
nkx1 nkx1 I actually ordered mine from bossier city, and I believe they should be able to give you some type of refund if I'm not mistaken, maybe credit back the nike card? Lastly I don't understand how they leave the factory like this either but it's always a toss up with nike, I think if the fit would have been up to par with these then they would have sold better in the beginning.

Thanks for the reply @Woozie. Maybe since mine are coming from somewhere else, I stand a better shot at getting a decent pair.

Yeah, I know I can get a refund on the gift card, but I bought the gift card specifically to buy these shoes from Tulare. If it doesn't work out, then I'm stuck with a gift card. Oh well, I guess I knew that going in.

Flaws are what's keeping me from ordering myself. I went through 4 PAIR OF VOLTS.. Before I found 1 good one.

Flaws are what's keeping me from ordering myself. I went through 4 PAIR OF VOLTS.. Before I found 1 good one.

I hear you on that, I'm going to order another pair of emeralds and if they come flawed also I may just skip this retro unfortunately :/ unless I find a good pair in-store.

The emeralds I phone ordered look fine. Fit was a bit different than I expected but I like them.

Sorry to hear others are getting pairs with qc errors on them.

Started to call more outlets, most have up to size 11 but no dice on a 13. so if anybody sees a 13 let me know.

Started to call more outlets, most have up to size 11 but no dice on a 13. so if anybody sees a 13 let me know.

Im in the same boat. Trying to find another pair of 13's in the Spurs. If I get word of any size 13s I'll let you know.

Just picked up a pair of emeralds today from the Milpitas Great Mall outlet for $40. I took the last pair of 11's, but there's plenty of sizes below that. Slight wrinkles on the toe area, but for 40 bucks I'm not complaining. 

Just got my check so I'm going to call around looking for a 12 once the stores open

What I experienced was: Pump inconsistent between pairs. Nike logo crooked or different sizes on either shoe. Upper glued crooked to midsole.

To add on: toe bumper stitching being off, one shoe fitting more snug than the other, and warped soles.

are the flaws only an issue only with shoes from outlets or something? I got my emeralds from ebay and all of my other command forces from footlocker/eastbay.. don't have any issues with any of them

are the flaws only an issue only with shoes from outlets or something? I got my emeralds from ebay and all of my other command forces from footlocker/eastbay.. don't have any issues with any of them
That's what I'm wondering. I've gotten all but 1 pair of CF's from the outlets. And so far I haven't had any flaws on any.

Not just outlets

And the main complaint has been the uncomfortable toe box and the shoe feels weird due to the cheap synthetic leather

Just received my pair from the Tulare store- no obvious cosmetic defects that I can discern. They do have the sticky insole issue (it feels like they aren't glued in properly or something), but my other pair of emeralds has the same issue and a bunch of other people seem to have the same issue. Both pumps work fine.

I really dont have any problems with mine lol
I guess because i wore them frequently and broke em in pretty well.

But if you were to tell me 10 years ago they were going to release the billy hoyles with all those problems i still woulda been excited.

Been waitin for this shoe all my damb life lol

For those with pump issue, I noticed mine didn't inflate great either so I did the following...

Take the aglet and push it through the hole where the air intake for the pump is. I did this to my pair and when I pulled it out there was adhesive on it. After doing this just once per shoe I noticed the pumps worked more effectively.

I guess it "opened" up the air intake?

I just got my pair of Emeralds from the Tulare outlet. No flaws that I can see. Haven't tried the pumps yet.

Back
Top Bottom