OFFICIAL NIKE AIR COMMAND FORCE PUMP & 180 PUMP RETRO THREAD (**NEW ACTUAL PIC ON PG 1)

This.... I also love the bulky tech look of that era.

And the wife... I know we all love our wives, but why are they more often than not anti-sneaker? The comment I often get is "grow up".... arrrrrrgh
lol mine doesnt say grow up because i never will because lifes too short to be adult serious about life, heck i have a NES vinyl mario wall in my house but she does get the angry face when i wear a pair that she doesnt know i own though lmao i bet we all can attest to the "where the F did u get those from" question and then the "ive been had these" response

Hahaha, nice. Didn't even notice that at first. I should note that it's spelled, "irony".
 there's certain styles and colors of shoes people stop wearing after certain ages.  I don't understand where the irony is. 

they look somewhat similar to nike dunks that are higher than normal, with the pump.  I didn't really think they looked that extreme. Do you think they look even more extreme than shoes like the lebron 11, 12, and foamposites?

there's certain styles and colors of shoes people stop wearing after certain ages.  I don't understand where the irony is. 

they look somewhat similar to nike dunks that are higher than normal, with the pump.  I didn't really think they looked that extreme. Do you think they look even more extreme than shoes like the lebron 11, 12, and foamposites?
The irony is that your username is "pooper". It's ironic because you're effectively asserting that 40-year-olds are too mature to wear CF shoes, yet your username seems quite immature. Not that I care, I'm just explaining the rationale here.

Regarding the CF 's level of extreme, I don't think the CF's are anything too extreme either; however, they are certainly a little more out there than an everyday low-top shoe. As for whether they are more "extreme" than Lebron or foam posit models? I don't know, I guess that varies from person to person. I happen to like the shoes, and don't really care what other people think of them. And since I'm only 37, I get to wear them for three more years (woohoo)!

Last edited:

The irony is that your username is "pooper". It's ironic because you're effectively asserting that 40-year-olds are too mature to wear CF shoes, yet your username seems quite immature. Not that I care, I'm just explaining the rationale here.

Regarding the CF 's level of extreme, I don't think the CF's are anything too extreme either; however, they are certainly a little more out there than an everyday low-top shoe. As for whether they are more "extreme" than Lebron or foam posit models? I don't know, I guess that varies from person to person. I happen to like the shoes, and don't really care what other people think of them. And since I'm only 37, I get to wear them for three more years (woohoo)!
but the thing is, my name actually has a meaning to it unlike yours. that's the true irony here. I needed to make an account as quickly as possible and couldn't think of a nice name. I guess I could have typed a random collection of numbers and letters as my name like some have done, lol. 

But anyway, maturity is not required to wear a shoe like the CF. If you are older though, you could be too 'mature' to wear the shoe. you might as well wear some pink foamposites and skin tight purple leggings too 

are the flaws only an issue only with shoes from outlets or something? I got my emeralds from ebay and all of my other command forces from footlocker/eastbay.. don't have any issues with any of them

I went through 4 pair. 1 purchased on Size, 2 from Foot Action and 1 from Eastbay. Returned all except for one pair.

This.... I also love the bulky tech look of that era.

And the wife... I know we all love our wives, but why are they more often than not anti-sneaker? The comment I often get is "grow up".... arrrrrrgh
lol mine doesnt say grow up because i never will because lifes too short to be adult serious about life, heck i have a NES vinyl mario wall in my house but she does get the angry face when i wear a pair that she doesnt know i own though lmao i bet we all can attest to the "where the F did u get those from" question and then the "ive been had these" response
LOL, yes, that question and the response... so true.

Anyway, maturity is in the eye of the beholder. And the CF was definitely made for men older than 40. And CF is quite subdued compared to some of these late model Lebrons and Kobes.

IDK what age you are, wear whatever the **** you want to. I'm going to be wearing sneakers when i hit old age. I just hope their still making them by then

but the thing is, my name actually has a meaning to it unlike yours. that's the true irony here. I needed to make an account as quickly as possible and couldn't think of a nice name. I guess I could have typed a random collection of numbers and letters as my name like some have done, lol. 

But anyway, maturity is not required to wear a shoe like the CF. If you are older though, you could be too 'mature' to wear the shoe. you might as well wear some pink foamposites and skin tight purple leggings too 
Have you heard the saying, "don't kill the messenger"? I'm not the one who made the initial irony comment; I just did my best to explain when asked by you. Admittedly, I chuckled a but when I saw the comment (and I stated such in my post). I apologize if that offended you. Have a good one.

LOL, yes, that question and the response... so true.

Anyway, maturity is in the eye of the beholder. And the CF was definitely made for men older than 40. And CF is quite subdued compared to some of these late model Lebrons and Kobes.
but what do the 40+ people wear with the cfs? 

pooper pooper
I'm 36, as I'm going to assume many of the regulars here are around the same age, minus a few exceptions. I wear cargo pants and T's or thermal shirts with my ACF's. Or over the summer it was cargo shorts, tanks, or jersey's with them.

You and I have had a few exchanges on here, but admittedly, you sound on the younger side of the age scale (late teens, early 20's). Correct me if I'm wrong however. There is NOTHING wrong with that but you can't come into a thread throwing comments around in a matter of fact fashion being relatively new in here and not expect some friction.

You assume that nkx1 nkx1 has no meaning and defend your name, but you have zero idea what his name means to HIM. Just as you say yours has meaning to you, so does his. If you can't step outside the situation and see that, well then carry on. But those are the types of comments in here that will continue to get you labeled as "immature".

Last edited:
but what do the 40+ people wear with the cfs? 

im not 40 but one would guess jeans,sweats, and shorts afterall most dudes who are near 40 or in their 40's were the ones nike were targeting back when they originally released

it would be like saying no you cannot be a michael jordan fan because you are too old

What's really ironic about poop man's comment is the fact that these were mainly targeted towards dudes around that age. They were there when they originally released and many are still here for the love of the kicks and thanks to them we still see old gems being brought back. So take a seat and show some damn respect to the originators of the culture!

lol too old or mature, kids are funny arent they? like the skinny jeans and stupid mullet/rat tails that they rock now days werent in style in the 80s and 90s first. stop trying to act cool when all you're doing is TRYING to be like we were when we were young, you arent original

Yeah I have to agree that these shoes were made for the older set. Nothing wrong with that at all. Why not have a pair you had or may of wanted in school but couldn't afford as an adult when you can? To me shoes are shoes. There's a large difference in wearing clothes a 15yo would when your 45 versus a pair of shoes.

I'm 25 so I don't remember seeing the movie in theaters or watching him play but I appreciate the look of the shoe because it's what was in style when I was very little.

As for Jordans...the majority who wear/collect the numbered line I doubt ever even actually watched Michael Jordan play. For the Bulls or the Bullets/Wizards. They just weren't old enough to know.

Last edited:
I absolutely LOVE the sillihouete. I'm 35 and there are two shoes which I are in my top five that not many others would agree with. They are the Volt Command Force and AJ Military 4's. It is because I adored both shoes when I was a kid but my family was too poor to spend a ridiculous amount of money on shoes. I used to rock Payless cleats/turf shoes or McGregors on the daily. Some of you older cats may remember.

@pooper
I'm 36, as I'm going to assume many of the regulars here are around the same age, minus a few exceptions. I wear cargo pants and T's or thermal shirts with my ACF's. Or over the summer it was cargo shorts, tanks, or jersey's with them.

You and I have had a few exchanges on here, but admittedly, you sound on the younger side of the age scale (late teens, early 20's). Correct me if I'm wrong however. There is NOTHING wrong with that but you can't come into a thread throwing comments around in a matter of fact fashion being relatively new in here and not expect some friction.

You assume that @nkx1 has no meaning and defend your name, but you have zero idea what his name means to HIM. Just as you say yours has meaning to you, so does his. If you can't step outside the situation and see that, well then carry on. But those are the types of comments in here that will continue to get you labeled as "immature".
I understand. When you wear the cargo pants with the CF's, doesn't most of the shoe get covered up by the pants? 

He referred to me as immature before I made fun of his name at all by the way. It was only after he called me immature for my name, that I pointed out the irony.
im not 40 but one would guess jeans,sweats, and shorts afterall most dudes who are near 40 or in their 40's were the ones nike were targeting back when they originally released

it would be like saying no you cannot be a michael jordan fan because you are too old
there are other footwear options for 40 year olds and older.. there's nothing wrong with how you dress.. but a 40 year old wearing CF's would be a 40 year old trying to dress like a highschooler. gotta admit that!
What's really ironic about poop man's comment is the fact that these were mainly targeted towards dudes around that age. They were there when they originally released and many are still here for the love of the kicks and thanks to them we still see old gems being brought back. So take a seat and show some damn respect to the originators of the culture!
so you're saying at the time the Cf's came out, Nike was targeting 40 year old men with those shoes? That doesn't sound realistic. remember no insults/trolling :wink:

I understand. When you wear the cargo pants with the CF's, doesn't most of the shoe get covered up by the pants? 
He referred to me as immature before I made fun of his name at all by the way. It was only after he called me immature for my name, that I pointed out the irony.

there are other footwear options for 40 year olds and older.. there's nothing wrong with how you dress.. but a 40 year old wearing CF's would be a 40 year old trying to dress like a highschooler. gotta admit that!

so you're saying at the time the Cf's came out, Nike was targeting 40 year old men with those shoes? That doesn't sound realistic. remember no insults/trolling :wink:

You know damn well what I mean so cut it smart ***

Now it makes sense.  Only child like 40 year olds would be into shoes like the CF. control your temper man

Style is forever, no matter age. It's HOW you rock it and not WHAT. That's the difference between trend hoppers and ppl with a natural sense and love for it. Childish? Probably according to your average Joe , but for ppl with an eye for the art it's pure dopeness!

transformers shirt, camo shorts and command forces is how i did it and could give one F less what anyone else thinks, a child of the 80s and will wear what i like forever because i do what i want and not what others think is cool. too many followers now days, pooper just trying to start stuff lol let him have his fun cuz he obviously knows what we should be wearing

Back
Top Bottom