OFFICIAL NIKE AIR COMMAND FORCE PUMP & 180 PUMP RETRO THREAD (**NEW ACTUAL PIC ON PG 1)

does any old head know if these went on sale back in the day? 

Like back in the OG day 90's day? I don't remember specifics, but there were lots of newspaper (remember those???) ads posted up at some point in the thread with sale prices of like $80 or below I think.

Like back in the OG day 90's day? I don't remember specifics, but there were lots of newspaper (remember those???) ads posted up at some point in the thread with sale prices of like $80 or below I think.

What was original retail back then?

These retros were $200 which is still considered steep in 2015.

There were varying price points if I remember. Some had them at like 50% off at $80 so I think we saw original prices between $120 and $170ish. I may be pulling this stuff outta nowhere, but that's what I remember from the posts.

IMO $200 is steep, even though there are plenty of other shoes out there at this price point or above. But there were many sales and disco's to be had on these.

Last edited:

Pretty sure I remember OG retail being $140, which was a ton considering Jordans were $125. It was an accomplishment if a shoe was more expensive than a J back then.

Peace,
J

Pretty sure I remember OG retail being $140, which was a ton considering Jordans were $125. It was an accomplishment if a shoe was more expensive than a J back then.

Peace,
J

Agreed, the price of the Foamposite One sticks out for me.

Peace,
J

$130

$150 (for the Air Force 180)

Last edited:
@brennanizm: thanks for posting that info!

Does anyone happen to know if the forefoot air sole unit is present in the current version of the shoe? I sort of doubt it, but was wondering nonetheless.

Man, I wish a proper 180 was released. That would be really cool.

sorry if this was answered already or if it's a dumb question, but the air force 180 highs/mids that released a few years back are not really a retro because it didn't have the pump right?

anybody know if the command forces released in sizes smaller than 7.5? I'm looking for a red pair in 6.5 or 7 

just my wifes comment about how much she hates them and they look like moon boots lmao

The fact that they look like moon boots is a large part of the appeal to me.

I like that oversized vintage look that was so popular in the late 80's/early 90's.

Welcome to the club, friend! I haven't worn any of mine yet, but I look forward to embarrassing my wife when I do lol.
lol its not the first time ive worn them for sure but she says something every time i wear them lol i could care less and if u noticed in the pic i tried to copy the white men cant jump by having similar socks with them (from the court scene of course)

Funny, as I was browsing the pic gallery from this thread I started reading a lot of the original posts regarding the "hype" and want for these before they dropped...people straight up speculating prices being $225, and one guy said he thought closer to $400 than $200 and he hoped it would be that way to scare away resellers. My how the mentality changed since these actually released. Some dudes not even willing to pay the $80 they have been discounted to. Just a funny observation...

I'm not sure but they run small/narrow so if you're a true 7 a 7.5 should fit.
my foot measures exactly 11 inches in length, when people say "true to size" would that mean size 11 for me? or does true to size mean foot measurement + half inch?

just my wifes comment about how much she hates them and they look like moon boots lmao
The fact that they look like moon boots is a large part of the appeal to me.

I like that oversized vintage look that was so popular in the late 80's/early 90's.
This.... I also love the bulky tech look of that era.

And the wife... I know we all love our wives, but why are they more often than not anti-sneaker? The comment I often get is "grow up".... arrrrrrgh

This.... I also love the bulky tech look of that era.

And the wife... I know we all love our wives, but why are they more often than not anti-sneaker? The comment I often get is "grow up".... arrrrrrgh

got lucky, wife supports my hobby. She has actually gotten into it the past few years and can recognize different models and technologies. Like I tell her, its better than drinking, smoking, and chasing women, basically staying out of trouble.

Back
Top Bottom