OFFICIAL NIKE AIR COMMAND FORCE PUMP & 180 PUMP RETRO THREAD (**NEW ACTUAL PIC ON PG 1)

My cargo pants have a tapered ankle so they sit on top of the shoe.

And as for ages...the Billy Hoyle character most likely was in his 30's in the movie...nobody in that movie was a child or in their 20's...

the fallacy here is assuming once you reach a certain age you are no longer allowed to have fun and must dress like a corpse.

screw that.

F outta here pooper. No one asked you for you opinion.
all you're doing is proving my point that only child like 40 year olds are into shoes like the cf. control your temper man
transformers shirt, camo shorts and command forces is how i did it and could give one F less what anyone else thinks, a child of the 80s and will wear what i like forever because i do what i want and not what others think is cool. too many followers now days, pooper just trying to start stuff lol let him have his fun cuz he obviously knows what we should be wearing
i cant take you seriously here. on the lebron threads there are older men that custom make pink and yellow colored lebrons. theres nothing wrong with wearing what you want, I'm just telling you that you shouldn't be ashamed to admit you look like a highschooler. no reason to convince yourself otherwise. 
My cargo pants have a tapered ankle so they sit on top of the shoe.

And as for ages...the Billy Hoyle character most likely was in his 30's in the movie...nobody in that movie was a child or in their 20's...
thats like saying superman and batman costumes were marketed towards adults because batman and superman were in their 30s or 40s in the movies. i think Nike was aware that the majority of consumers for the CF would be teenagers, maybe people in their early 20s. many of the people here in this thread were teenagers when they first saw/desired the CFs.

Last edited:
Not really. Superman and Batman being comic/movie characters that don't actually exist can't be compared to a hustling basketball duo that can be found in any city ball park. There is a massive difference. But like I said earlier...if that is what you really think, then carry on and stop trying to prove a "point" because clearly you don't wasn't anyone to prove theirs either.

Not really. Superman and Batman being comic/movie characters that don't actually exist can't be compared to a hustling basketball duo that can be found in any city ball park. There is a massive difference. But like I said earlier...if that is what you really think, then carry on and stop trying to prove a "point" because clearly you don't wasn't anyone to prove theirs either.
assuming that nike "marketed the shoes to 40 year olds" simply because the actor wearing the shoes was in his 30s or 40s is poor logic. the shoes were marketed to kids back then and they are marketed to kids today as well. theres no way to get around that. if you're an older guy and wear these shoes, nothing wrong with that, but it's silly to try to convince yourself and others that "Nike marketed these shoes to 40 year olds" when you know that isn't true

omg. wth is going on here?

What I meant is that this here current Air Command Force re-issue is for us 40-year-olds, because in the 90's we were the kids that the OG was marketed to. (Except for the new colors... the denims and the univ red are for the ones who weren't around for the OG.)

If you think that by wearing them I look like a grown man dressing like a high schooler... that's your problem. When I see men in their 60s wearing clean Air Jordans, that's all cool!

Last edited:
pooper pooper
My last statement...I never said who I thought Nike was targeting and I'm not trying to convince myself of anything. I'm simply saying age is irrelevant for shoe wearing. But since your crystal ball is functioning so well and you know all of Nike's marketing thoughts and strategies, or at least better than the rest of the players in here...as I originally stated...carry on.

Last edited:
then what were you trying to prove by saying " And as for ages...the Billy Hoyle character most likely was in his 30's in the movie...nobody in that movie was a child or in their 20's..."

sounds like you were implying that Nike was targeting older people with the shoes.

age is relevant just like clothes.  most people dressed vastly different in highschool vs at 40 years old. that includes shoes. 

grown men wearing command forces might be cool but it's still a grown man dressing like a highschooler!!

grown men wearing command forces might be cool but it's still a grown man dressing like a highschooler!!
I think that is the fundamental disagreement here. Your opinion is that older guys wearing CF's is commensurate with dressing like a highschooler.

It's apparent that the vast majority of people that have posted are of the opinion that wearing CF's in your 30's, 40's and older is perfectly fine. And an older person wearing CF's probably neither wants to look like, nor actually looks like, a highschooler.

At this point, it seems sort of like arguing about religion or politics. No one is likely going to convince you that wearing CF's is not commensurate with dressing like a highschooler. And you likely aren't going to convince anyone of the converse.

Maybe agreeing to disagree is the best course of action here.

Last edited:

I think that is the fundamental disagreement here. Your opinion is that older guys wearing CF's is commensurate with dressing like a highschooler.

It's apparent that the vast majority of people that have posted are of the opinion that wearing CF's in your 30's, 40's and older is perfectly fine. And an older person wearing CF's probably neither wants to look like, nor actually looks like, a highschooler.

At this point, it seems sort of like arguing about religion or politics. No one is likely going to convince you that wearing CF's is not commensurate with dressing like a highschooler. And you likely aren't going to convince anyone of the converse.

Maybe agreeing to disagree is the best course of action here.
its similar to grown men wearing skinny jeans or leggings that are in denial. the cfs are marketed towards the teenagers, just as the foamposites and lebron shoes are. actually, someone mentioned earlier about wearing a transformers shirt with their cfs. again nothing wrong with that but that really is what highschoolers dress like. nike has shoes for older folks like some of their nikelab stuff as well as neutral colored/simple colorways/styles like the premium dunks. many people on the thread here complained about being told to 'grow up'.  that is because generally highschoolers are into the cf and similar shoes, and the cfs are marketed to highschoolers as well!!

I mean seriously if you think nike brought the command force back out for todays teenagers you have to be trolling. Or your sense of reality is in a shaky place

then what were you trying to prove by saying " And as for ages...the Billy Hoyle character most likely was in his 30's in the movie...nobody in that movie was a child or in their 20's..."

sounds like you were implying that Nike was targeting older people with the shoes.

age is relevant just like clothes.  most people dressed vastly different in highschool vs at 40 years old. that includes shoes. 

Again you seem to be missing a very simple statement. The filmakers decide what shoes are in the flick. Various Nike's, Adidas, Reeboks, Jordans, and even the LA Gear Catapult all make an appearance. I'm not saying anything about marketing. My point remains that age is irrelevant. Those were the shoes of the times, pretty simple. Just as they can be the shoes of today regardless of age.

You want to be RIGHT about this HS nonsense, and have us all say that you're right. Not sure why however.

So guys...maybe we should all take a hike to an age appropriate thread and let Pooper run the highschoolers only thread. :smh:

But I agree with NX...just agree to disagree. Moving on.

Anybody notice that Eastbay and the various other retailers have seem to have the CF's back on their site?

And KicksUSA has an extra 30% off clearance footwear. The red CF's are about $83 at the moment in a few select sizes.

Last edited:
Question, on my command forces(SPurs colorway), the left air pump don't work, can I return them back to Nike for a product voucher for $200?

Question, on my command forces(SPurs colorway), the left air pump don't work, can I return them back to Nike for a product voucher for $200?

I have done this on LeBron's before, but you have to call them, explain the problem, and then they will send you a shipping label. Then you just have to send them to Nike and they'll evalute them. So you'll either get the full price voucher for use on NDC or they'll send them back.

i cant take you seriously here. on the lebron threads there are older men that custom make pink and yellow colored lebrons. theres nothing wrong with wearing what you want, I'm just telling you that you shouldn't be ashamed to admit you look like a highschooler. no reason to convince yourself otherwise. 

so all of the basketball fans and players in the NBA in the late 80s and early 90s look like high schoolers?

I have done this on LeBron's before, but you have to call them, explain the problem, and then they will send you a shipping label. Then you just have to send them to Nike and they'll evalute them. So you'll either get the full price voucher for use on NDC or they'll send them back.
I could see many people abusing that policy especially if they're getting the CFs for the low prices of 50$ and 80$ etc.  Would Nike actually give  the full retail price back or would it be current Nike selling price of the shoes?
so all of the basketball fans and players in the NBA in the late 80s and early 90s look like high schoolers?
lebron is an older guy wearing his lebron shoes yet the shoes are still marketed mainly towards high schoolers.  wearing a shoe on court is different than wearing it casually.. even lebron rarely wears his shoe casually.. you can look that up if you want.
I mean seriously if you think nike brought the command force back out for todays teenagers you have to be trolling. Or your sense of reality is in a shaky place
yes they did. the only reason you would disagree is because you don't want to feel bad about being older and wearing a shoe marketed to kids

Last edited:

assuming that nike "marketed the shoes to 40 year olds" simply because the actor wearing the shoes was in his 30s or 40s is poor logic. the shoes were marketed to kids back then and they are marketed to kids today as well. theres no way to get around that.
By that same rationale, isn't it also illogical for you to blindly assume that CF's are/were marketed towards kids? What concrete evidence do you have of this? I have seen exactly zero evidence of your claim.

Last edited:

By that same rationale, isn't it also illogical for you to blindly assume that CF's are/were marketed towards kids? What concrete evidence do you have of this? I have seen exactly zero evidence of your claim.
as i mentioned before the nike shoes marketed to adults are the innevas, lux dunk highs, and a few other nikelab/other shoes . the movie itself was a kids movie

Back
Top Bottom