OFFICIAL NIKE AIR COMMAND FORCE PUMP & 180 PUMP RETRO THREAD (**NEW ACTUAL PIC ON PG 1)

By that same rationale, isn't it also illogical for you to blindly assume that CF's are/were marketed towards kids? What concrete evidence do you have of this? I have seen exactly zero evidence of your claim.
as i mentioned before the nike shoes marketed to adults are the innevas, lux dunk highs, and a few other nikelab/other shoes . the movie itself was a kids movie
Now you're trollin.

The movie was rated R.

Over and out.

Now you're trollin.

The movie was rated R.

Over and out.
its considered PG-13. can you explain what in the movie would give it an R rating? 

https://www.commonsensemedia.org/movie-reviews/back-to-the-future/user-reviews

PG-13
lol @ the command force being marketed to kids. time for you to go
Im sure Nike expects grown men to wear futuristic looking sky top shoes with splatter paint on them.. again I like the CF myself.. but its a kids shoe. 

as i mentioned before the nike shoes marketed to adults are the innevas, lux dunk highs, and a few other nikelab/other shoes . the movie itself was a kids movie
Making a statement multiple times doesn't make that statement true. What evidence do you have that CF's are/were marketed to kids as opposed to older adults?

Thus far, you have produced zero factual evidence to substantiate your claim.

Can we just get @pooper banned from this thread?

He's adding nothing and acting like a child. Clearly here to pick fights and be a troll.

What does it matter who wears what shoes? If you like it wear it. It's that simple.

pooper pooper
As with most of the responses on here, you didn't read or understand the posting. You need to call Nike CS, explain the defect of the shoe and they document it. Then as I said you send the shoe in and they evaluate it. If they think the flaw is a manufacturing issue and not user wear and tear they will reimburse you. Or they return your shoe to with a letter describing why they denied your claim. You can't abuse the policy. Plus, it's simply a gift card for the full original retail price only to be used at NDC or NT's, nowhere else.

Last edited:
@pooper
As with most of the responses on here, you didn't read or understand the posting. You need to call Nike CS, explain the defect of the shoe and they document it. Then as I said you send the shoe in and they evaluate it. If they think the flaw is a manufacturing issue and not user wear and tear they will reimburse you. Or they return your shoe to with a letter describing why they denied your claim. You can't abuse the policy. Plus, it's simply a gift card for the full original retail price only to be used at NDC or NT's, nowhere else.
I do understand that but there were many people that bought the Cfs for 50$ and 80$ from outlets that had issues with them. assuming those were all manufacturing issues, they would be returing an 80$ shoe and getting 200$ nike store credit with it. it's a pretty good deal, especially if someone had multiple pairs of cheap cfs that had issues with them. it seems strange that nike would give you the full 200$ for the shoe even with nike outlets selling the shoe so cheap. I gues its not necessarily 'abuse' but what I meant is that it's a really good offer for people that bought the cfs cheap and had defects on them.

and your right, I was looking up back to the future instead of white men can't jump, lol. my bad there. 

Making a statement multiple times doesn't make that statement true. What evidence do you have that CF's are/were marketed to kids as opposed to older adults?

Thus far, you have produced zero factual evidence to substantiate your claim.
this is just ridiculous. you want me to provide concrete evidence that CF's were marketed to young kids while you haven't given any evidence they were marketed to adults. Should we assume  any shoe is marketed to adults unless we get evidence showing otherwise?

no evidence should be needed. I don't feel like spending hours looking up all the evidence you're asking for. when adults watch a movie do they want to start dressing up like the guy in the movie? when adults watch lebron play do they want to go buy his shoes? not really, and the ones that do want to buy his shoes only want to buy them to play bball in, not wear them casually.
Can we just get @pooper banned from this thread?

He's adding nothing and acting like a child. Clearly here to pick fights and be a troll.

What does it matter who wears what shoes? If you like it wear it. It's that simple.
reported your post and that's funny you have to resort to calling me a troll to try to get me banned, because you can't find any rule that I've broken you have to hope people believe your accusation of me being a 'troll'. how is anything that I am saying trolling? 

When did I ever say it mattered who wears what shoes? I'll repeat it again. I like the CF myself. there's a difference between liking the CF and trying to convince yourself and others that the CF was actually marketed to middle aged men. i don't know why people seem to be so embarrassed about the fact the cf was marketed to younger kids. also it's sad that you want to get people banned from threads anytime you don't agree with them.

Everyone over 40 should wear these?

Sometimes I reflect on some of the views I had when I was young and I realized how young and ignorant I was.

Hopefully someday these kids will have that same self awareness.
thats not really relevant to the thread at all, reported your post. I find it funny how anyone that disagrees with my opinion has to resort to insults or accuse me of 'trolling'

EDIT: I mentioned something at one point about how only immature 40 year olds would be the type to wear command forces. thats been my experience so far. 

Last edited:
Guys, stick to the topic.  Anyone caught squabbling about who this shoe is "appropriate for" or "marketed to" from this point out will be permanently removed from the thread.

Someone visiting this thread for information shouldn't have to sift through ten pages of childish squabbling over nonsense.  

Guys, stick to the topic.  Anyone caught squabbling about who this shoe is "appropriate for" or "marketed to" from this point out will be permanently removed from the thread.

Someone visiting this thread for information shouldn't have to sift through ten pages of childish squabbling over nonsense.  
Well now what are we going to talk about? (kidding, sort of). Although there were differing opinions on the matter, I feel that the conversation was at least somewhat productive, as in maybe we could establish who enjoys wearing the shoes and perhaps even Nike's target market for the shoe. Perhaps there could have been less squabbling, but it was definitely a relevant dialogue to have.

To discourage shoe-related discussion on a shoe discussion forum is an interesting business decision, particularly given that interesting conversation drives web traffic, which in turn generates advertising revenue for the site.

Anyway, I suppose I will be banished from the conversation and/or the site for referencing shoe appropriateness and marketing, and that is fine. It was fun while it lasted!

To discourage shoe-related discussion on a shoe discussion forum is an interesting business decision, particularly given that interesting conversation drives web traffic, which in turn generates advertising revenue for the site.
NikeTalk's been around since 1999.  That's not by accident.

"If you're over 30 and you wear these you're a smelly head!" "Nuh uh!" "Are too!"  is not a "shoe-related discussion."  We received quite a few complaints about the squabbling in here and it's difficult to see how its continuation would be beneficial.  Anyone interested in commenting on that subject had the opportunity to do so.  How many times must the same four people reiterate the same opinions about something that is completely subjective to begin with?  No less than one page back you were urging people to just "agree to disagree," now suddenly pulling the plug on the distraction is a "bad business decision?"  Ugh.  Not everyone comes here to argue about nothing. 

On topic: 

There was a feature on NBATV recently about David Robinson and his son, Corey, who plays football for Notre Dame.  At one point during the segment, you can see the Admiral wearing these while seated in the stands.

Well now what are we going to talk about?

that discussion was going nowhere and it deserved to end. this is what mods are for.

There was a feature on NBATV recently about David Robinson and his son, Corey, who plays football for Notre Dame. At one point during the segment, you can see the Admiral wearing these while seated in the stands.

was he rocking them with double rolled down socks tho? :lol:

NikeTalk's been around since 1999.  That's not by accident.

"If you're over 30 and you wear these you're a smelly head!" "Nuh uh!" "Are too!"  is not a "shoe-related discussion."  We received quite a few complaints about the squabbling in here and it's difficult to see how its continuation would be beneficial.  Anyone interested in commenting on that subject had the opportunity to do so.  How many times must the same four people reiterate the same opinions about something that is completely subjective to begin with?  No less than one page back you were urging people to just "agree to disagree," now suddenly pulling the plug on the distraction is a "bad business decision?"  Ugh.  Not everyone comes here to argue about nothing. 

On topic: 

There was a feature on NBATV recently about David Robinson and his son, Corey, who plays football for Notre Dame.  At one point during the segment, you can see the Admiral wearing these while seated in the stands.
I guess everyone has differing opinions, and since you're the mod, I guess yours obviously wins. I have to respectfully disagree that I urged anyone to do anything. I stated that "Maybe agreeing to disagree is the best course of action", which, in my mind, is merely floating a suggestion. I see your point, nonetheless.

Are you sure Robinson wasn't wearing 180's? There's a short clip of him wearing those at the 0:47 mark. Unless it was a different story or something. If it was the same story, that's a pretty good catch- I probably wouldn't have noticed the shoes he was wearing.

Didn't watch the clip as I'm at work but that's super cool if he's wearing the retro of the shoes he was known to wear in his playing days.

I wonder how it feels for guys like Robinson and Michael Jordan to put on the shoes again that they made famous? Like do they even think about it? Seems like it would be surreal for Jordan to put on a pair of Chicago 1's all these years later knowing what they did for him and Nike and how much those shoes still mean all these years later?

Didn't watch the clip as I'm at work but that's super cool if he's wearing the retro of the shoes he was known to wear in his playing days.

I wonder how it feels for guys like Robinson and Michael Jordan to put on the shoes again that they made famous? Like do they even think about it? Seems like it would be surreal for Jordan to put on a pair of Chicago 1's all these years later knowing what they did for him and Nike and how much those shoes still mean all these years later?
imo they don't really think about it themselves, lebron and im assuming jordan and other players, can probably get whatever shoe they want for free from nike. i guess jordan is definitely grateful for the brand as a whole tho.

Funny, as I was browsing the pic gallery from this thread I started reading a lot of the original posts regarding the "hype" and want for these before they dropped...people straight up speculating prices being $225, and one guy said he thought closer to $400 than $200 and he hoped it would be that way to scare away resellers. My how the mentality changed since these actually released. Some dudes not even willing to pay the $80 they have been discounted to. Just a funny observation...
why pay $80 when you can pay $40-$60?

Back
Top Bottom