pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by mr2cool80

Originally Posted by sniper

As someone pointed out in the Retro forum, this potential release far expands beyond just "sneakerheads" and shoe enthusiast though. Tech Savvy blog and web sites that have little to no interest in the sneaker culture have already gotten wind of these shoes. Which means it will cross over all dynamics of people and trends and ultimately may became one of the greatest releases in history. I'm not a hype machine nor do I endorse creating such ... but it is what it is. Undoubtedly this will be the greatest release of my lifetime and as an 80's baby I can fully understand why there will be an insurmountable global hype for this shoe.     
This...
Regardless of the price-tag, these have deep nostalgic value for an assortment of collectors. If I can obtain a pair of these, fronting the money or a little more than retail won't be a problem. I'm not even a "true" sneakerhead like some of you, but I've waited a long time for these as I'm also an 80s baby and that this is one of my all-time favorite series/trilogies...

Example: (Simp Mode: ON) I had to scour MAC stores across the land to find my gf this Wonder Woman Collection makeup set. I was able to get one, but when I tried to secure another set a week later, the ladies there explained that a wave of fanboys and "nerdy"-types bought almost everything...
A perfect and obviously very real analogy which will be the microcosm of this release. Well said Sniper ... 

But that's only because he tried to enter their realm. Shoes are OUR thing, these nerds don't stand a chance!

This could go two ways.

1. It will be forgotten about as quickly as we learned about it, as they go a limited route, and those not into sneakers just talk about it for a day or week, and move on.

2. It becomes a global sensation when people realize they stand for a fighting chance at these in not so limited #s.

The Sneaker culture web" or group is a lot smaller than some of you think. For ever one person into collecting jordans or PEs, there's thousands who would'nt give a second look at shoes over $100. I guess it's like that in every genre or hobby. This could be as BIG or as small as Nike wants it to be.

I said it before regarding other nike products. I know older guys at the gym who would die for a certain pair of retros. But their willingness to camp out and hunt for that pair just isn't there. For once they've got to make something people truly want, easy to obtain

Originally Posted by sniper

As someone pointed out in the Retro forum, this potential release far expands beyond just "sneakerheads" and shoe enthusiast though. Tech Savvy blog and web sites that have little to no interest in the sneaker culture have already gotten wind of these shoes. Which means it will cross over all dynamics of people and trends and ultimately may became one of the greatest releases in history. I'm not a hype machine nor do I endorse creating such ... but it is what it is. Undoubtedly this will be the greatest release of my lifetime and as an 80's baby I can fully understand why there will be an insurmountable global hype for this shoe.     
This...
Regardless of the price-tag, these have deep nostalgic value for an assortment of collectors. If I can obtain a pair of these, fronting the money or a little more than retail won't be a problem. I'm not even a "true" sneakerhead like some of you, but I've waited a long time for these as I'm also an 80s baby and that this is one of my all-time favorite series/trilogies...

Example: (Simp Mode: ON) I had to scour MAC stores across the land to find my gf this Wonder Woman Collection makeup set. I was able to get one, but when I tried to secure another set a week later, the ladies there explained that a wave of fanboys and "nerdy"-types bought almost everything...
A perfect and obviously very real analogy which will be the microcosm of this release. Well said Sniper ... 

But that's only because he tried to enter their realm. Shoes are OUR thing, these nerds don't stand a chance!

This could go two ways.

1. It will be forgotten about as quickly as we learned about it, as they go a limited route, and those not into sneakers just talk about it for a day or week, and move on.

2. It becomes a global sensation when people realize they stand for a fighting chance at these in not so limited #s.

The Sneaker culture web" or group is a lot smaller than some of you think. For ever one person into collecting jordans or PEs, there's thousands who would'nt give a second look at shoes over $100. I guess it's like that in every genre or hobby. This could be as BIG or as small as Nike wants it to be.

I said it before regarding other nike products. I know older guys at the gym who would die for a certain pair of retros. But their willingness to camp out and hunt for that pair just isn't there. For once they've got to make something people truly want, easy to obtain

1,500 pairs total from what the SC article said. 
150 pairs a day posted up fir 10 days. 

Looks like more people will have a chance to pick these up than expected. 

Very much looking forward to this.  BTTF II hands down one of my favorite movies... 

Good luck everyone! 

1,500 pairs total from what the SC article said. 
150 pairs a day posted up fir 10 days. 

Looks like more people will have a chance to pick these up than expected. 

Very much looking forward to this.  BTTF II hands down one of my favorite movies... 

Good luck everyone! 

my sources say that SOME will be launching early for ebay with the money raised going to the Michael J. Fox Foundation.

my sources say that SOME will be launching early for ebay with the money raised going to the Michael J. Fox Foundation.

chrisbone - Did you read what you wrote? You said it yourself. If the price hits 4-figures, you're out. If that's not someone elses limit than they want it more than you...because they're willing to dish out more. I hear what you're saying about wanting something and actually having the funds but that's not how eBay works. Never has, never will. That's why I said "As with all things on eBay".

It's plain as day. Major pubicity, Proceeds going towards the MJFF. They want big money.

chrisbone - Did you read what you wrote? You said it yourself. If the price hits 4-figures, you're out. If that's not someone elses limit than they want it more than you...because they're willing to dish out more. I hear what you're saying about wanting something and actually having the funds but that's not how eBay works. Never has, never will. That's why I said "As with all things on eBay".

It's plain as day. Major pubicity, Proceeds going towards the MJFF. They want big money.

SDS & Air Randy are already gearing up! lolll.

damn i've always wanted these. I can afford any price they charge, but I will only spend what I feel is reasonable. I'm not gonna let them play me for some sneakers. Hopefully they're accessable and prices are worthwhile.

Edit ^ me and dude had the same idea loll

SDS & Air Randy are already gearing up! lolll.

damn i've always wanted these. I can afford any price they charge, but I will only spend what I feel is reasonable. I'm not gonna let them play me for some sneakers. Hopefully they're accessable and prices are worthwhile.

Edit ^ me and dude had the same idea loll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom