Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by teamfreshh

From Modern Notoriety 

[h6]"Way more pairs of the Yeezy 2 are being produced. Way more numbers than the first one. "
[/h6]
cool now I can get 3 pair instead of two.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Originally Posted by mfghilario

Originally Posted by xXJaguar25Xx

Sorry for raining on anyone's parade, but I honestly hope they don't produce more pairs

Reason being is that the people who actually make the shoe would be hard pressed to get the extra pairs finished in such a short period of time

Meaning less quality of each individual shoe.. as it is always stated, QUALITY OVER QUANTITY

And I don't want to pay $250 for ANYTHING that was poorly made

50215f4189459e3e515efa4b447ad8744e71bce_r.gif

If the quality doesn't have to suffer, I'll be on board for the production of more pairs
this.
I'm gonna have to agree. If you haven't been 'preparing' or improving your connections and networking with people since the first Yeezys then that's your fault.  These won't be too hard to get. The numbers aren't bad at all. It's just the amount of people you're competing with.

Hit the nail on the head! But that's just the thing, even if one doesn't find connections, I feel homework should be done immediately when you hear about limited releases, period!

Originally Posted by DBOi181

From Modern Notoriety 

[h6]"Way more pairs of the Yeezy 2 are being produced. Way more numbers than the first one. "
[/h6]
I don't see this anywhere.

btw.

my boy worked up a few PS colorways.

Net/WTT/Fire Red (GITD Tour)

that fire red colorway would be sick. i know the OG fire red yeezy 1's weren't actually navy blue, but charcoal grey, but a navy blue with fire red would actually be nice.

a blue glow in the dark sole instead of green would be dope too.

just saw this net photochop over on the other site... not bad, but i still want something different for the third colorway, not another net:

Originally Posted by CRH1979

Nike knows they can't afford more bad press like the Galaxy Foam releases. They have to release more of these or the people getting shot/stabbed/beaten, etc. for the limited pairs that were to be originally released would have cause complete chaos for them. I don't care if people say bad press is better than no press at all, Nike doesn't want that on their hands. I think they are taking this time to put more shoes into production. Just my 2 cents.

I wonder how much Kanye's reputation plays in Nike's sudden desire to produce more pairs. He may not want his name affiliated with the negative publicity.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by I MRDR PEEPS 4 FUN

Nike knows they can't afford more bad press like the Galaxy Foam releases. They have to release more of these or the people getting shot/stabbed/beaten, etc. for the limited pairs that were to be originally released would have cause complete chaos for them. I don't care if people say bad press is better than no press at all, Nike doesn't want that on their hands. I think they are taking this time to put more shoes into production. Just my 2 cents.

I wonder how much Kanye's reputation plays in Nike's sudden desire to produce more pairs. He may not want his name affiliated with the negative publicity.
ohwell.gif

The outcome isn't going to be pretty either way so its something they will just have to deal with

lol. Nike has never cared about bad press. At least the ones about people killing for their product.

From Modern Notoriety 

[/h6]
Sounds good now only thing we need is an Official release date!!

this.
I'm gonna have to agree. If you haven't been 'preparing' or improving your connections and networking with people since the first Yeezys then that's your fault.  These won't be too hard to get. The numbers aren't bad at all. It's just the amount of people you're competing with.

Hit the nail on the head! But that's just the thing, even if one doesn't find connections, I feel homework should be done immediately when you hear about limited releases, period!

What homework or connections can someone make who lives 3 hours from a city that will have these? My only shot is literally online. I'm not gonna start tryin to be friends with somebody online either just to get these. That's just straight fake right there.

yeezy1>yeezy2

...the ankle cuff (snake portion) on the 2s look bulkier than previous model which is already big.   This shoe has more ankle support than most Nike basketball shoes.  Last i checked, not too many people balling in these.

The transition into the mesh is horrible. They obliterated the toebox on the 2s.  No detail at all.   Nike needs to tighten up the design on the 2s. To me they still look like a unrefined prototype.

^ I thought the exact opposite ha.

I think the AY2 is much more streamlined and slimmed down than the AY1.

Ankle cuff is lower cut, which I actually prefer instead of the AY1. Also looks like the back/heel is much more stable which makes up for loss in ankle height. The mesh IMO is a great upgrade to the AY1 which had some heavy creases due to the softness of the leather. Ballistic is also a much better looking material than the neoprene on the Black/pink AY1s.

Don't think I would play ball in the AY2s, but if I had to pick between the AY1 and AY2 to play ball in, the AY2 looks like a better performance shoe.

That's just my opinion tho, wear/buy what you like is the motto

Originally Posted by sunshineblotters

lol. Nike has never cared about bad press. At least the ones about people killing for their product.
QFT.  They're releasing more to pad the stats.

^that and MAYBE to protect Yeezy's image, but I doubt it. I hope Chicago gets more pairs than everywhere else for being where Kanye is from. The truth is that they are %#%@!#+ up this release hardcore, and must produce more pairs because of this. Still don't know where to look to get my pairs.
frown.gif

^Sorry to be off-topic, but preciate it G! Two of my favorite things in one avatar - BIG and The Simpsons!

Originally Posted by thatguy

What homework or connections can someone make who lives 3 hours from a city that will have these? My only shot is literally online. I'm not gonna start tryin to be friends with somebody online either just to get these. That's just straight fake right there.
I feel what you're saying, but as an enthusiast of many things, I will do whatever it takes to get what I want.
People always say, If you want something bad enough you'll find a way to obtain it!

EDIT

I WILL NOT camp more than 24 hours though!

I'll give a hobby of mine a day from the rest of my life

Originally Posted by thatguy

I feel what you're saying, but as an enthusiast of many things, I will do whatever it takes to get what I want.
People always say, If you want something bad enough you'll find a way to obtain it!

EDIT

I WILL NOT camp more than 24 hours though!

I'll give a hobby of mine a day from the rest of my life

I totally agree, but what can someone in my shoes (no pun intended) do? I know I can't be the only one.

this.

so just out of curiousity, what is considered as doing your "homework" for releases like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom