Official Nike Air Yeezy II "Red" Thread NO BOT TALK--NO FAKE/GM TALK-NO BUY/SELL/TRADE TALK-- Ye to

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's the synopsis w Brandon's take?

Yay or nay on these releasing..
Unsure.
ohwell.gif

Ok look, I have seen rumors that there will be 1500 pairs of the red octobers in production. Now if each pair sells at retail for $245, times that by 1500 and you get $367,500. Now, Nike makes $35 profit off of the 1's that sell at retail for about $110, they are making 31% profit. Assuming that the same percentage of profit goes for the red octobers, nike would be profiting  $110,250. Now keeping in mind that the materials and production for the Yeezy's are probably much more, considering the shoe is very complex compared to the AJ1, from the strap, to the lace lock, to the insole, and even the scale like pattern on the upper of the shoe. I would assume the production cost of the Yeezy's are at least like $50+ per pair, then all of the expenses like shipping, stocking, and promotion of the shoe have a sum of probably $60. Now the potential cost of the Yeezy is about $120 so Nike probably makes a good $125 off of each pair. This means that over all, they would profit $187,500 off of the Yeezy's all together. Now this number is much more accurate however, isn't probably isn't exactly correct but it is close enough and if rounding to the $100,000's, Nike would be profiting close to 200 grand. You can choose to disagree with this and say that my sources are week, but this is as close as it gets to the truth. Sources:

I'm not disagreeing with you, my point is, people on this site keep saying how much $ the AY brings Nike even though that sum is very very low.

air yeezy I retail was 215 ^

3000 pairs of each (zen grey, black/pink and net/net) which = 9000

and i thought nike released 3000 pairs of each Yeezy II .
you right you right.

It says that the AY II released 1000 total, 500 pairs of Solar and 500 pairs of plats

@solesearchrsvp, @unlaced456 & @chrispi_ on ig all have em, not sure what they are planning to do with them tho...

I swear all those hating on that new york company dude would use even less lube on those prices if they could. :smh: :smh: :smh: .The disgusting thing is that someone PAYS 2000 (in that case 14k but just saying lol) to BUY a shoe.BUYERS ALWAYS SET THE R@#E PRICES.KEEP THAT IN MIND.No i'm not a big fan of that situation too , but please understand that he is just taking advantage of a system he didn't create or run.You want to take it out on someone...?Blame Nike the original #1 re-seller selling 15 bucks shoes for 10x ...Boycott nike....That dude there is not the problem.All of us is.All of us and that 'grail' - 'i have to have it' - 'dem sh%ts is fireeeee' MENTALITY . Its just a pair of **#$ng shoes.Don't give 2000 dollars for it.End rant._

Last edited:
Other then for the Yeezys, I don't think they are connections. His eBay sales history consists of B O Ts galore..

Except that he'e been doing it since BOTS were even on the sneaker community's radar.

So much hate for this dude... people talking about his apartment... how he makes his money... lol

The salt is at an all time high and its just sad.

If you contact him you'll quickly realize that he handles most of his sales outside of eBay. His prices are most likely to get people talking about him and do things like giving him free publicity and hits by posting his name on sneaker boards and posting live links to his auctions.... :rolleyes :rofl:

The funniest thing of it all is that he'll actually sell some shoes through BIN on eBay at the ridiculously inflated price. But can you blame him? I mean if you were him would you email the buyer and say..."Excuse me my thirsty friend, if you would have message me instead of using BIN, we could have negotiated a price more reflective of the trending market value... Oh you didn't know thats how I work? Ok heres a refund... Let's negotiate..." :rolleyes

Let this guy COOK... If the 5K they are going for is out of your price range... Why the hell sit here and give this guy, that you are complaining about, free publicity... Complaining of something he has complete control over, and rightfully so...

Its like complaining about diamonds after realizing that they are not even that RARE... The market is simply manipulated by entities that hold most of the stock. This guy is no different... Just deals with different commodities....

Last edited:
I swear all those hating on that new york company dude would use even less lube on those prices if they could. :smh: :smh: :smh: .The disgusting thing is that someone pays 2000 (in that case 14k but just saying lol0 to buy a shoe.BUYERS ALWAYS SET THE R@#E PRICES.KEEP THAT IN MIND.
No, nycompany does in this case. I swear 3 days after release of Lebron Gold Medal X pack he wasn't budging from his outrageous $850 resell price. I begged him to either size swap or go lower but he was not having any of that.

Really needed his 8.5 but ended up going elsewhere locally.

If I'm getting them what am I doing? Keeping them. Not even a difficult decision.

No, nycompany does in this case. I swear 3 days after release of Lebron Gold Medal X pack he wasn't budging from his outrageous $850 resell price. I begged him to either size swap or go lower but he was not having any of that.

Really needed his 8.5 but ended up going elsewhere locally.

If I'm getting them what am I doing? Keeping them. Not even a difficult decision.

No disrespect mark , especially after you have contributed the most in this thread,but ma dude you re wrong.Its economics 1-1 actually.If you want lets take it to messaging so we don't mess with the thread my bro.Nothing but respect for your opinion though, I just disagree.

Ok look, I have seen rumors that there will be 1500 pairs of the red octobers in production. Now if each pair sells at retail for $245, times that by 1500 and you get $367,500. Now, Nike makes $35 profit off of the 1's that sell at retail for about $110, they are making 31% profit. Assuming that the same percentage of profit goes for the red octobers, nike would be profiting  $110,250. Now keeping in mind that the materials and production for the Yeezy's are probably much more, considering the shoe is very complex compared to the AJ1, from the strap, to the lace lock, to the insole, and even the scale like pattern on the upper of the shoe. I would assume the production cost of the Yeezy's are at least like $50+ per pair, then all of the expenses like shipping, stocking, and promotion of the shoe have a sum of probably $60. Now the potential cost of the Yeezy is about $120 so Nike probably makes a good $125 off of each pair. This means that over all, they would profit $187,500 off of the Yeezy's all together. Now this number is much more accurate however, isn't probably isn't exactly correct but it is close enough and if rounding to the $100,000's, Nike would be profiting close to 200 grand. You can choose to disagree with this and say that my sources are week, but this is as close as it gets to the truth. Sources:

Your close, but not quite there. Nike sells there product for 55% of the retail cost (shipping included) and there cost is 55% of that so they sell the msrp $245 shoe for $134.75 wholesale, their cost is $74.11 so profit per shoe is $50. This only applies to their wholesale pricing, when they sell direct they make $171, but that doesn't include operational expenses.

Yeezy 1 3k each color,
Yeezy 2 5k each color,
Yeezy 2 Red October 5-10k rumored.

No one knows the exact production numbers as Nike needs to keep the public in the dark to drive hype and perceived value.

Kanye wanted royalties on his own sub brand, like Jordan with a bunch of products, more widely available then the Yeezy's, that's the 5% he wanted.

While people are quick to discredit the Yeezy's as having an effect on sales but look at how easy Nike can apply black, solar red, and mint to any silhouette, produce GR numbers and sell out. They can get people who would never buy a roshe, airmax, af1, etc because of the association of those colors to Yeezy's, and to a lesser extant, any color way of Yeezy's. How fast did those Milan Air Max that used similar colors to the net Yeezy 1 sell out?

After hearing Nike's counter offer I think Kanye should have stayed. In his video interview with Sway he says when he focuses on fashion his music slips, and then that causes his relevance to dip which makes makes fashion harder, etc.

It sounds like Nike's 30 sku's would have been a good compromise for the time being, but his ego prevents him from seeing it that way.

Last edited:
Except that he'e been doing it since BOTS were even on the sneaker community's radar.

So much hate for this dude... people talking about his apartment... how he makes his money... lol

The salt is at an all time high and its just sad.

If you contact him you'll quickly realize that he handles most of his sales outside of eBay. His prices are most likely to get people talking about him and do things like giving him free publicity and hits by posting his name on sneaker boards and posting live links to his auctions....
eyes.gif
roll.gif

The funniest thing of it all is that he'll actually sell some shoes through BIN on eBay at the ridiculously inflated price. But can you blame him? I mean if you were him would you email the buyer and say..."Excuse me my thirsty friend, if you would have message me instead of using BIN, we could have negotiated a price more reflective of the trending market value... Oh you didn't know thats how I work? Ok heres a refund... Let's negotiate..."
eyes.gif

Let this guy COOK... If the 5K they are going for is out of your price range... Why the hell sit here and give this guy that you are complaining about free publicity... Complaining of something he has complete control over and rightfully so...

Its like complaining about diamonds after realizing that they are not even that RARE... The market is simply manipulated by entities that hold most of the stock. This guy is no different... Just deals with different commodities....
I'm not the one hating on him, I'm just saying that he probably uses B O Ts to get a good percentage of his stock. Honestly I cant blame him because now a days, its not really possible to cop things like the DB's manually. Ive struck out on the last 7 NDC releases I have gone for. I realize that most of the points you are stating have much value behind them. However so do that "Haters". Its true that what he is doing is partially wrong. You know that taking sales out of eBay is against the eBay policies lol. A lot of this hate towards him is generated by jealousy. It is honestly kind of unfair that people like him and @solesearchrsvp have these types of connections, but its whatever you know? 

No disrespect mark , especially after you have contributed the most in this thread,but ma dude you re wrong.Its economics 1-1 actually.If you want lets take it to messaging so we don't mess with the thread my bro.Nothing but respect for your opinion though, I just disagree.
My dude I'm not disagreeing as much as I am frustrated haha. You understand what I'm saying? $15k!? Cmon that's outrageous. Especially when most people have expressed that they prefer Solars over these.

Just hope we get some info soon. I don't think it would look good on Nike's part if they never dropped. Production finished, months of speculation / rumors (that they have to be aware of), .. I just feel like it would be a buzz kill to consumers to see these never release because of a business deal that went sour.

No disrespect. If I had a few pairs I'm sure id be looking to sell too. But certainly wouldn't expect anything in the range of a new Chevy Spark :lol:

Your close, but not quite there. Nike sells there product for 55% of the retail cost (shipping included) and there cost is 55% of that so they sell the msrp $245 shoe for $134.75 wholesale, their cost is $74.11 so profit per shoe is $50. This only applies to their wholesale pricing, when they sell direct they make $171, but that doesn't include operational expenses.

Yeezy 1 3k each color,
Yeezy 2 5k each color,
Yeezy 2 Red October 5-10k rumored.

No one knows the exact production numbers as Nike needs to keep the public in the dark to drive hype and perceived value.

Kanye wanted royalties on his own sub brand, like Jordan with a bunch of products, more widely available then the Yeezy's, that's the 5% he wanted.

While people are quick to discredit the Yeezy's as having an effect on sales but look at how easy Nike can apply black, solar red, and mint to any silhouette, produce GR numbers and sell out. They can get people who would never buy a roshe, airmax, af1, etc because of the association of those colors to Yeezy's, and to a lesser extant, any color way of Yeezy's. How fast did those Milan Air Max that used similar colors to the net Yeezy 1 sell out?

After hearing Nike's counter offer I think Kanye should have stayed. In his video interview with Sway he says when he focuses on fashion his music slips, and then that causes his relevance to dip which makes makes fashion harder, etc.

It sounds like Nike's 30 sku's would have been a good compromise for the time being, but his ego prevents him from seeing it that way.
Thank you for correcting me. This just adds to my point that Nike will probably release these Red Octobers. The profit margins are to high for them to back out, especially when all that Nike has to do is tweet the links and get ready to ship them out.There is no way that company like footlocker or probably even small sneaker boutiques will be getting things like full size runs, just because of how exclusive these are, so Nike will most likely be getting the $171 profit off of each shoe, showing that the profit will be (with this rumored 5-10k stock) around 800k++. It would be appreciated if you could provide a link or picture that agrees with the whole 5-10k in stock thing. To me, even though you make good points, it sounds absolutely ridiculous. You may be right though.

Like I said the production numbers are mostly speculation because Nike will never confirm it, although they do tell exact production numbers of certain releases from time to time. I am going off of stores supply numbers that I know of first hand or though reputable sources in the industry. Any sales numbers under 10-15k are hard to pinpoint even by industry analysts.

so i'm not sure how many of you guys have checked out @rare_pair on instagram... they gotta video up too. The video is kinda blurry obviously but they put a clear view of the tag.

18k tho. 
roll.gif

If these never release or this episode keeps playing, I'll just move on from this release. This is one of the dopest kicks ever but it's not like there won't be any other kicks I will want.

Sometimes you just have to know when enough is enough.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom