Official Nike Air Yeezy II "Red" Thread NO BOT TALK--NO FAKE/GM TALK-NO BUY/SELL/TRADE TALK-- Ye to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Half the users in this thread are Kanye fans who made Niketalk accounts to follow the release of a Kanye shoe. I guess it makes sense they'd think this way.

Kanye changing brands is not shifting any landscapes. Maybe it can help adidas capture the "lifestyle" category, but nothing more than that. If a bunch of athletes changed brands - the athletes for which Nike spends all their R&D and ad money - that would be different.
i could care less about Kanye

you both still arent looking at the big picture.

no one is saying Kanye will be the downfall of nike.

rome wasnt built in a day, neither was nike.

the fall of rome took several centuries/events and now rome is gone.

am i comparing nike to rome? in certain aspects, yes. 

but dont take it out of context and twist it.

my point is still NOTHING lasts forever.  nike will be gone(not the supreme being you think it is) one day as well

you guys are treating them like they are some impenetrable force that is immune to anything but that couldnt be further from the truth

This is pure rumor but I heard from a fairly reliable source that it could be a scavenger hunt scenario similar to the release of that Megatron pack today. Take that for what it is, I haven't shared up until this point because it's still purely rumor as far as I'm concerned. But it is certainly possible.

:x :smh:

"Nike’s annual revenue reached $25.3 billion last year, and Adidas hit $19.8 billion."

My Source: http://www.bizjournals.com/portland...ike-adidas-spend-big-to-own-the.html?page=all

For those who keeps sleeping on Adidas as if they don't have the resources to close in and capture first place. The gap is there but not as large as people are making it out to be. Under Armour made 1.8 billion last year. That's a gap.

Lets all try to focus on sharing good info man before fam comes in here and shuts down this thread too.
Lol this is one of my primary points I brought up a few pages back that ensued in a bunch of stupidity.

But this is exactly my point. This push in sales could easily surpass that of Nike's by FY15 with Kanye on their side and the still yet to be released Rick Owens and Raf Simons collections...

While Nike's market cap is significantly larger as of right now, as @CaptainCrown3 brought up Nike is only a few bad business moves like this from Sonying themselves... Yes I just coined the term Sonying...

kanye seems like a diva to work with, 

this just shows you how the corporations don't give a crap if they lose out money.

if you think you are the big richard in the room they will put you back in your place and make you feel like a peasant.

some of you are also acting like they are just taking this exact model and putting it out with adidas...
laugh.gif

time to get real, IF this does happen, 2 years is shortest time i see these being released.( the adidas kanye shoe)

i hope nike keeps pumping them out and cut him out completely, he doesn't own ish, maybe the name.

IF that 
laugh.gif
, nikes lawyers probably screwed em over with that one too, inb4 new slave verse.

Last edited:

Lol this is one of my primary points I brought up a few pages back that ensued in a bunch of stupidity.

But this is exactly my point. This push in sales could easily surpass that of Nike's by FY15 with Kanye on their side and the still yet to be released Rick Owens and Raf Simons collections...

While Nike's market cap is significantly larger as of right now, as @CaptainCrown3 brought up Nike is only a few bad business moves like this from Sonying themselves... Yes I just coined the term Sonying...
Do you think Adidas will give Ye a "GR" line?

I'm only asking because Nike's bread and butter is GR. The limited stuff pays in the form of HYPE but they move units in bulk which makes them the most.

Adidas makes most of their money though Futbol sales and not the X collaborations.

What I'm asking is...do you think Ye's line will convert your average consumer of Adidas into something Ye produces?

Nike capitalized on the futbol demographic buy releasing the Mambacurial which helped both the Kobe and the soccer fan base.

*NOTE* There's no sarcasm intended in my question.

SMH you guys really think nike will fall.  

You cant compare a market such as technology which switches up every year to a company such as nike. Its not possible

Nike is a household name a brand that cant just fall off from bad decisions. 

Guys, I'm here waiting just like you all in regards to a new "Kanye x _ " announcement. I have no idea if that article is true.

What i can say is that Nike's relationship with Ye has been problematic for years now. It took a very LONG time for them to finally agree to terms to get the Red Y2's out.

All this isn't on Ye though, Nike has been childish as well. IMO, it's just time they end their partnership, as much as I have enjoyed the Yeezy line.

PO

Do you think Adidas will give Ye a "GR" line?

I'm only asking because Nike's bread and butter is GR. The limited stuff pays in the form of HYPE but they move units in bulk which makes them the most.

Adidas makes most of their money though Futbol sales and not the X collaborations.

What I'm asking is...do you think Ye's line will convert your average consumer of Adidas into something Ye produces?

Nike capitalized on the futbol demographic buy releasing the Mambacurial which helped both the Kobe and the soccer fan base.

*NOTE* There's no sarcasm intended in my question.
Didn't get any sarcasm from it.

But the way I see it happening is they sprinkle Kanye's influence into the brand... Have him collaborate with other artists... for instance doing a JS wings as he used to regularly wear them back during the GITD tour era... so he's clearly a fan. He'd obviously be chomping at the bit to do a piece with Rick Owens, and I could easily see him doing small collabs here and there throughout Adidas' whole line.

All of this, of course, would be a sales booster and a hype machine for the drop of either a full scale line or a piece of footwear we'd akin to the Nike Air Yeezy... Along that train of hype there will undoubtedly be a lot of people that are much more open to a wide range of Adidas products... simply because Kanye worked within that division. So basically, yes, I think his work could easily convert the average consumer. Not to mention you can immediately expect Been Trill x Kanye collabs with Adidas too... further adding to the hype train.

His independent line/lines/footwear after that would all just be cream... Similar to how Nike was using him. They wanted the influence, but not so directly, and they wanted the Yeezy to represent their brand's cocky attitude... but lost him, and it's going to hurt them *key part here* IN THE LONG RUN. Nobody said Nike's going bankrupt tomorrow because Kanye left... but the competition just signed the biggest non athlete free agent on the market and that's not good for business.

Taking it WAY back and continuing the thought of signing people on the market .... I truly believe Nike's future hinges on how they treat Kyrie Irving. They, so far, are giving him the Blake Griffin treatment who eventually got frustrated and signed with JB. If Nike isn't able to lock Kyrie down by offering a sig shoe, Adidas will, and that's going to be the nail in Nike's coffin. Mark my words.

Derrick Rose and Kyrie are here to stay... Even Lebron's time as a dominant player is probably more in his past than his future at this point. Losing Kanye, to me, just seems like the potential first domino for a LOT of things to go unfavorably for Nike. The ball is in their court, but they seem pretty turnover prone lately...

Didn't get any sarcasm from it.

But the way I see it happening is they sprinkle Kanye's influence into the brand... Have him collaborate with other artists... for instance doing a JS wings as he used to regularly wear them back during the GITD tour era... so he's clearly a fan. He'd obviously be chomping at the bit to do a piece with Rick Owens, and I could easily see him doing small collabs here and there throughout Adidas' whole line.

All of this, of course, would be a sales booster and a hype machine for the drop of either a full scale line or a piece of footwear we'd akin to the Nike Air Yeezy... Along that train of hype there will undoubtedly be a lot of people that are much more open to a wide range of Adidas products... simply because Kanye worked within that division. So basically, yes, I think his work could easily convert the average consumer. Not to mention you can immediately expect Been Trill x Kanye collabs with Adidas too... further adding to the hype train.

His independent line/lines/footwear after that would all just be cream... Similar to how Nike was using him. They wanted the influence, but not so directly, and they wanted the Yeezy to represent their brand's cocky attitude... but lost him, and it's going to hurt them *key part here* IN THE LONG RUN. Nobody said Nike's going bankrupt tomorrow because Kanye left... but the competition just signed the biggest non athlete free agent on the market and that's not good for business.

Taking it WAY back and continuing the thought of signing people on the market .... I truly believe Nike's future hinges on how they treat Kyrie Irving. They, so far, are giving him the Blake Griffin treatment who eventually got frustrated and signed with JB. If Nike isn't able to lock Kyrie down by offering a sig shoe, Adidas will, and that's going to be the nail in Nike's coffin. Mark my words.

Derrick Rose and Kyrie are here to stay... Even Lebron's time as a dominant player is probably more in his past than his future at this point. Losing Kanye, to me, just seems like the potential first domino for a LOT of things to go unfavorably for Nike. The ball is in their court, but they seem pretty turnover prone lately...
I just don't see it. Even with Nike, his following was small in comparison to Nike Basketball. The majority of sneaker buyers till this day dont know or care what a Yeezy is.

I feel his "diva" attitude is gonna make other collaborators NOT want to work with him. He's burning bridges with Zappos...let's say Zappos drops their adidas account because of his statements (Yes, I know it's far fetched). Designers are watching him self destruct and might hinder an Adidas collaborator to NOT want to do a joint design with him.

Last edited:
All this isn't on Ye though, Nike has been childish as well.

PO

agree

tho again, if you want a NIKE, you gotta play their game even tho they are missing out on an opportunity as well. like the one mike the one mike said Nike is throwing the weight of their rep around but that's not sustainable forever

I have never bought anything from zappos, I always thought it was a bs site lol. Learn something everyday. With that said, Kanye doesn't need zappos to sell anything.

Last edited:
I feel his "diva" attitude is gonna make other collaborators NOT want to work with him. He's burning bridges with Zappos...let's say Zappos drops their adidas account because of his statements (Yes, I know it's far fetched). Designers are watching him self destruct and might hinder an Adidas collaborator to NOT want to do a joint design with him.

Kanye gets along with designers and creators it's the corporate part he doesn't get along with. if Adidas is gonna let him do what he wants then the hard parts over

Half the users in this thread are Kanye fans who made Niketalk accounts to follow the release of a Kanye shoe. I guess it makes sense they'd think this way.

Kanye changing brands is not shifting any landscapes. Maybe it can help adidas capture the "lifestyle" category, but nothing more than that. If a bunch of athletes changed brands - the athletes for which Nike spends all their R

i could care less about Kanye

you both still arent looking at the big picture.

my point is still NOTHING lasts forever.  nike will be gone(not the supreme being you think it is) one day as well

you guys are treating them like they are some impenetrable force that is immune to anything but that couldnt be further from the truth

No, we're just responding to the people that think Kanye changing brands will shift landscapes. Like I explicitly stated in my post. I'm not trying to cover for Nike or build them up into some untouchable Gods of the retail industry.

I'm not even stating anything close to Nike being an impenetrable force. That's why I stated IF a bunch athletes were to shun the brand - the high-profile athletes - then THAT will change the landscape. But it will take something that big and unlikely to do it.

BTW...Nike has no idea about this new venture, whatever it is. They are going to be just as surprised as we will be.
In their eyes, he's still with them. But with these new "Rants" & "Internet Rumors", they are slowly starting to accept this possible reality.

PO

Will be at the NYC show on Sunday.

After the show, I will let everyone know if he says anything about Nike or Adidas or anything.

Adidas ended the SLVR luxury line earlier this week. I don't think it's a coincidence but if rumors are true, all the resources would be given to ye for his line.

BTW...Nike has no idea about this new venture, whatever it is. They are going to be shocked. In their eyes, he's still with them.

PO
not questioning you because i know how reliable you are, but after these recent rants you dont think they have a slight clue ?

edit : NVM you addressed it yourself. Thanks
They probably aren't keeping track of that stuff

If they were that worried about what Kanye was saying, they would also be putting more effort into keeping him happy

Last edited:
Kanye gets along with designers and creators it's the corporate part he doesn't get along with. if Adidas is gonna let him do what he wants then the hard parts over
On JK he said that "no designer wants to work for a black rapper".

He's fighting the very thing (corporations) that can give him what he wants. Why not just be patient?

Silence is much more powerful that words at times.

agree

tho again, if you want a NIKE, you gotta play their game even tho they are missing out on an opportunity as well. like the one mike the one mike said Nike is throwing the weight of their rep around but that's not sustainable forever
exactly. how long could retro jordans carry them? Another decade? What I mean by this is that the generation that can say they saw jordan play is growing up. What about the children of now growing up with KD and LeBron? I don't think as good as they are, that they have the staying power of Michael. Sure, they're popular, but they each only have a couple or so truly memorable models that I don't think they're retro business on them would surpass the jumpman. So, what exactly does nike think they'll have a decade from now?

Last edited:
I have never bought anything from zappos, I always thought it was a bs site lol. Learn something everyday. With that said, Kanye doesn't need zappos to sell anything.

not really sure why kanye said that, zappos does have a lot of bs brands but they have a super wide selection. nothing but bargain bin as far as Nike but they have all the current season stuff from y-3, red wing heritage, cole haan, all kinds of stuff. they used to have deals tho, everything seems to be regular price now

Last edited:
:lol: You're a damn fool or a Stan if you believe Nike is getting the shorter end of the stick on this breakup.

Good for Kanye. Nike will continue to destroy Adidas on the footwear market.

This isn't Lebron James. This is Kanye West. Nike ain't losing much.

That said, I'm excited to see how his new partnership will pan out

So many people saying this and it makes it very clear that none of you are informed on the business end of things, whatsoever. Yes, Nike's market cap is nearly double that of Adidas currently - but their sales are fairly equal. In 2012 Nike did about $24B and Adidas did about $20B...

What you also have to take into account is that Nike's value and profitability has increased as much as 66% since Mark Parker took over as CEO in 2005. Now do that math. In less than 10 years Nike has expanded from where Adidas is now to their current position (market cap wise).

Now, the question I propose to all you "expert" businessmen is, what makes you think that Adidas can't achieve the same growth? The market is fed up with Nike gouging the customer on high price for questionable quality to the point where major figures representing Nike as a brand are publicly dragging them through the mud as they (reportedly) sign with the competition. No matter how you slice it, this is a HUGE loss for Nike... and nothing but a business opportunity for Kanye. Market cap is determined by assets invested by shareholders and who is to say that there isn't a mass pull out from Nike in the face of this controversy? It's bad now, but wait until Kanye starts throwing names out there in interviews... It will undoubtedly cause panic on Wall St.

Now my next question is, with Kanye, ASAP, Raf Simons, and Rick Owens aligning with the stripes in the last 12 months, what makes you think that Adidas couldn't potentially surpass Nike in global sales for FY14? If you ask me, I think that it's LIKELY to happen by FY15 if these rumors are true. And please, anyone who can metrically disagree with this, show me the numbers. I don't want your opinion. I want numbers to back up what you guys are saying.

You all look at Nike like some impenetrable force of sneakers. They aren't. Anyone who's a TRUE sneaker collector is undoubtedly frustrated with Nike's direction over the last decade and if you ask me, we aren't far from the **** hitting the fan. 3 years ago I'd have scoffed at the idea of Kanye moving to Adidas, and Kanye himself would have probably too, so don't be so naiive to think that the next 3 years couldn't get worse for Nike. The numbers may not reflect it immediately, but business is established on working relationships - relationships that Nike thinks they have immeasurable leverage on and treat them as such (like ****). Not the case.

Random, but I think the key chess piece in this is Kyrie Irving. If Nike doesn't give him a sig by the end of his current contract and he leaves for Adidas..... RIP Nike.

Lebron James, Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant, Nike Free, Nike Flyknit, Nike Air Max, Nike Fuelband.

Thats all the response I have for you.

Honestly it is. Name something Adidas has at this moment that is outselling those items/people.

I don't have numbers, nor am I about to argue with you over imaginary "what ifs" that haven't been proven yet.

You guys love to argue for pages over charts, metrics, stats, sales, etc. I ain't got time for that.

Do you really think Kanye joining Adidas is going to fill that 4 BILLION dollar gap my dude?

My point was, and still is, Nike isn't losing much, if ANYTHING with the departure of Kanye West. For those items/people I stated above.

Stop taking my statement deeper than it really is.

Now before we even engage in a back and forth, lets get back to these NIKE'S bruh...

So is he going to stick with nike is he going to adidas ?

Wow it thats true its a kick in the balls for nike.

Also if kanye ends up with adidas what will the resell of the yeezy 1 and 2 end up being?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom