Official Nike Air Yeezy II "Red" Thread NO BOT TALK--NO FAKE/GM TALK-NO BUY/SELL/TRADE TALK-- Ye to

Status
Not open for further replies.
So maybe nike does own the rights to the name Yeezy as far as shoes are concerned as his Adidas line will be named Yeezi

Well,

After skimming through the DB thread today and seeing all those w great computers/internet speed-connectivity still not getting through, it's getting to be all but bleak in terms of having a shot online..

Just praying if/when they do decide to release that it won't be a TLO only drop and GS accounts who got the other cws will do raffles to at least have any legit shot..

Nuts

So maybe nike does own the rights to the name Yeezy as far as shoes are concerned as his Adidas line will be named Yeezi
http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4805:47ndhm.4.1

I covered this a few pages back. Search the US trademark website for "YEEZY" .. it is owned by Mascotte Holdings, a camera case company based in California. In their initial registration (about a month before the Zens dropped) they noted it was Kanye's nickname and they had "consent." I believe there was most likely a business arrangement structured to allow the use of the name - who had technical rights to the term first could be either, but it appears to be this company in the eyes of the US Government.

All that said, I don't think that has anything to do with changing from Yeezy to YEEZi. I think that's just about his progression and change of angle. I said this when I first posted about this too, but why would you want to continue the identity of something that you were pursuing with a different company and different direction? The change of name could be partially for legal reasons but I'd say it's safe to bet it would have changed regardless.

EDIT: Per that same US gov't website, YEEZI has been owned by the same company since 2011. So it's safe to say this most likely isn't a legal thing. And that company has some great foresight.
laugh.gif

EDIT: Point in all of this. Nike has zero legal leverage over the "Yeezy" moniker... unless they own private licensing contracts via this Mascotte Holdings company. Which you obviously can't search on the internet.

Last edited:
Well,

After skimming through the DB thread today and seeing all those w great computers/internet speed-connectivity still not getting through, it's getting to be all but bleak in terms of having a shot online..

Just praying if/when they do decide to release that it won't be a TLO only drop and GS accounts who got the other cws will do raffles to at least have any legit shot..

Nuts
Been saying that for awhile now only way to have a shot is in store raffle but I don't think it will pan out that way. TLO means bot-city.

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4805:47ndhm.4.1

I covered this a few pages back. Search the US trademark website for "YEEZY" .. it is owned by Mascotte Holdings, a camera case company based in California. In their initial registration (about a month before the Zens dropped) they noted it was Kanye's nickname and they had "consent." I believe there was most likely a business arrangement structured to allow the use of the name - who had technical rights to the term first could be either, but it appears to be this company in the eyes of the US Government.

All that said, I don't think that has anything to do with changing from Yeezy to YEEZi. I think that's just about his progression and change of angle. I said this when I first posted about this too, but why would you want to continue the identity of something that you were pursuing with a different company and different direction? The change of name could be partially for legal reasons but I'd say it's safe to bet it would have changed regardless.

EDIT: Per that same US gov't website, YEEZI has been owned by the same company since 2011. So it's safe to say this most likely isn't a legal thing. And that company has some great foresight. :lol:  

EDIT: Point in all of this. Nike has zero legal leverage over the "Yeezy" moniker... unless they own private licensing contracts via this Mascotte Holdings company. Which you obviously can't search on the internet.

Mascotte Holdings Limited is a camera case company, but the trademark is owned by Mascotte Holdings Inc. I believe the company is owned by Kanye and it could be a shell company. I believe this, because the law firm that is listed as the "c/o" has represented Kanye during prior cases and is more than likely his law firm for everything. The law firm is, Pryor Cashman LLP in NYC. The info goes for Yeezy and Yeezi.

Last edited:
Mascotte Holdings Limited is a camera case company, but the trademark is owned by Mascotte Holdings Inc. I believe the company is owned by Kanye and it could be a shell company. I believe this, because the law firm that is listed as the "c/o" has represented Kanye during prior cases and is more than likely his law firm for everything. The law firm is, Pryor Cashman LLP in NYC. The info goes for Yeezy and Yeezi.

Agreed.

The company is owned by Kanye so Kanye does in fact own the trademark and the rights to the usage of the name.

As I re-read it...that was really the worst way to word it 
laugh.gif

I'm not yet, but if you go to the D.R. you'll leave your girl. Trust.
I must of went to the wrong parts of Santo Domingo, I think i met more beautiful Dominican Chicks in Wash Heights. Now Venezuela, or Peru is where the Hidden Treasures are! 

I would love for nike to start a raffle system on all these limited releases.. just limit it to one entry per name, and make billing info match that name.. that would completly kill all the rsvp/bot services.

Agreed.

The company is owned by Kanye so Kanye does in fact own the trademark and the rights to the usage of the name.
Thanks for piecing that together Sherlock, we couldn't have done it without you.
Repped, good catch. I didn't go as far as searching the attorney listed there... but this is very much possible. Just a strategy to keep trademarking the name quiet in the face of Nike, if so.

I would love for nike to start a raffle system on all these limited releases.. just limit it to one entry per name, and make billing info match that name.. that would completly kill all the rsvp/bot services.

THIS!!!

I don't understand why they haven't implemented this to eliminate these BOTs. Otherwise, it's like athletes using 'rounds vs those that don't. Unfair playing field!

Lol wow, the research people will do for shoes and speculation of shoes that don't exist.
Yes, using Google is such a strenuous activity. The fact people DON'T do simple searches is what's ridiculous.

Btw, thanks for the super useful contribution. Why did you even bother posting that? You wasted as much time posting hot air as I did finding that information via Google. Now how do you feel?

Oh man, I am so ashamed I didn't think to Google a celebrities nickname to find out who owns it incase he changes companies and I'll have some sort of foresight on what the name of his shoe may or may not be. It was so simple!!! What the hell is wrong with me?! ...and calm down dude, I just thought it was amusing that people care this much to look thus far into it, I just like the shoe. I'm not putting you or anyone else down for their research. Plus this thread is full of useless posts, got guys in here talking about Dominican women lol

I would do Jason Markk with the soft bristle brush. I would test a small area on the suede first before applying it all over. The mesh shouldn't have any issues.

jaycruz. jaycruz.

Last edited:
Oh man, I am so ashamed I didn't think to Google a celebrities nickname to find out who owns it incase he changes companies and I'll have some sort of foresight on what the name of his shoe may or may not be. It was so simple!!! What the hell is wrong with me?! ...and calm down dude, I just thought it was amusing that people care this much to look thus far into it, I just like the shoe. I'm not putting you or anyone else down for their research. Plus this thread is full of useless posts, got guys in here talking about Dominican women lol
So you read a few useless posts and your logic is, "Let me add to this." Right. Got it.

I'm not saying you should or should not have figured that out on your own... but that doesn't mean you should make a joke out of the fact other people did and were answering other people's questions in the process.

This is just a really hard topic to have a sensible conversation about, I suppose. The people that want to know find what they can, the rest troll for information, and when it isn't good enough for them all they have is sarcastic comments about how pointless the thread is. Big cycle of BS.

What's wrong with Dominican women
Nothing at all, I'm Dominican and I love my DR women but I was just saying that this thread is not full of useful info in every post. In fact the only useful info at this point is release date and locations.

The way the Black/Solar are drying up, shame on me for waiting this long to look for another pair, in a size 9 at that.

Gonna hit me over the head. :smh:

the one mike the one mike yeah meant to tell you, Mascotte Holdings LLC is the shell company or whatever that kanye does trademarks through (dropout bear is a mascot). it's on the back of the Graduation CD if you got a physical copy. that camera case company is unaffiliated lol, just has a similar name

Last edited:
Got offered VNDS Yeezy 1 Net/Net for my DB Foams? Good deal? With Kanye leaving looking to expand my almost non-existent yeezy collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom