Official NIKE HUARACHE TR MID Thread Vol. Haven't been this excited since...

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by Broomall4Life

crossing my fingers for a re-stock. SMH at ebay prices right now. it's crazy. between these and the pre-heats, seems like more people cop to flip than to enjoy.

Yep, I was laughing at a couple of dudes. The one dude trying to get $300 was hilarious.

They've been lowering their prices some, because they're ending without anyone bidding. I was willing to be a reasonable resell price, but dudes were acting like these were Space Jams.

If it wasn't for Mayhemgatz pics, these would have flown under the radar and been easy to cop.

Yep. One of the 1st auctions ended at $13 (reserve not met). The second time, just $60.. Now people all of a sudden want them for $200-300. I'm an economics and statistically inclined person but some of these trends just dont make sense to me.

I need to be like some of yall and take a chance and resell. I guess $215 isn't bad. About $50 take home profit off of one pair. If you sell two, you make even more. That mindset has never really hit me with new release trainers. I need to be selfish to the max. It reminds me of a time I helped an NTer out on a pair of 2009 at1 chlorophyll. They sat at $100 shipped. I thought dude really wanted them. Nope, he buys that one and another, and probably another, and hikes the price up to $180. I could've done that
laugh.gif

That PACKAGE is quite the risk though. Just like the BOOM packages, I dont know if anyone ever makes any money on that bigger "rarer" stuff.

To the guy selling the sz 9 and 11 who just posted photos here, I would add in "zoom" and "alpha" into the title of the auction. I almost didnt see those

Dude killing me on the bay with 3 pair in my size and he jacked the price up 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
  uggghhhh  I know its business but dam. 

Anyone receive their tracking numbers from the restock with NDC yet?

Edit: Just received my tracking number.

Could I get someone who has both these and any pair of the GR colorways to weigh in? 
Does the alpha pack insole make them a lot more comfortable?  I tried mine on and wore around for a bit and they feel great.  I've been on the fence about trying out one of the GR colorways as an actual training shoe, and if they're as comfortable as the Alpha pack, I think they could cut it for a few months.

Originally Posted by Earl the Pearl

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
it's going to go down as long as these new releases keep everyone pre-occupied. seems like most people bought these to resell in anticipation that people would pay big bucks for 'em but that's not going to keep happening.

Amidst all the Kobes, Lebrons, Foams, Jordans, and AF1 iD's coming out very soon....beasts are still hurting after the royals and trust that the other shoes are more important in their minds....people won't be shelling out $250+ for them consistently for much longer. right now it's just those few that are in desperation mode cause they really wanted them and missed out...but once that's done with...watch what happens.

look at this auction: 300524067538

without shill bidding, this wouldn't have ended above $220 i guarantee it. some of these dudes are too obvious with it as well
eyes.gif

once all the NDC, Eastbay and D!ckssportinggoods orders are in...and those that truly wanted them own them....the price will gradually decline from the sellers that bought to resell.

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

Originally Posted by Earl the Pearl

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
it's going to go down as long as these new releases keep everyone pre-occupied. seems like most people bought these to resell in anticipation that people would pay big bucks for 'em but that's not going to keep happening.

Amidst all the Kobes, Lebrons, Foams, Jordans, and AF1 iD's coming out very soon....beasts are still hurting after the royals and trust that the other shoes are more important in their minds....people won't be shelling out $250+ for them consistently for much longer. right now it's just those few that are in desperation mode cause they really wanted them and missed out...but once that's done with...watch what happens.

look at this auction: 300524067538

without shill bidding, this wouldn't have ended above $220 i guarantee it. some of these dudes are too obvious with it as well
eyes.gif

once all the NDC, Eastbay and D!ckssportinggoods orders are in...and those that truly wanted them own them....the price will gradually decline from the sellers that bought to resell.

Some need to know what they're getting into. If you have pairs, do not wait much longer. Trainer fans are a different breed. They buy up today's shoes, wear them into the ground, with no resell in sight (used), and move onto the next release. There may be only a half dozen or so shoes that people look back to as "must haves". They don't dwell on much so if the price is too high, it's too high.

Just look at the tebow tr1.2s. Yes there is only one pair on ebay @$350. and Yes, at one point upon release prices were near $250 range. But there really is no demand or appreciation in the model. Even as a "1 of 1" rare gem on ebay, people have moved on.

This shoe may be the quickest to ever move on. Even 3 years down the line, trying to sell something above $100 is a challenge. It could literally take a couple months to make $50 bucks. So to make $50 now, don't be selfish and not take it. If these somehow take off and are at $300 in a few months, i'd retire my SN in complete shame.

-------
Since Nike added a few things to these like the insoles, could they have possibly added in forefoot zoom air? I realize the price is ~$10 bucks more than the GRs (at least at NDC). I just know you have to keep all options open when dealing with Nike.

Some photos of Amare's PEs have been showing up on various sneaker blogs:

http://www.nicekicks.com/2011/02/nike-zoom-huarache-trainer-mid-amare-stoudemire-pe/
traineramare1.jpeg

All white forefoot area with the non visible teeth is the real WINNER on that shoe.

Originally Posted by jcliz

Could I get someone who has both these and any pair of the GR colorways to weigh in? 
Does the alpha pack insole make them a lot more comfortable?  I tried mine on and wore around for a bit and they feel great.  I've been on the fence about trying out one of the GR colorways as an actual training shoe, and if they're as comfortable as the Alpha pack, I think they could cut it for a few months.
I would say the insole does make them more comfortable- a lot more?  That might be a stretch. To me it was noticeable, but not a deal breaker for or against one or the other.  I am thinking of UNds'ing my green lanterns since I am getting impatient to wear these shoes before its reasonably nice out and swap the insoles with the Alphas.  Tomorrow night may be my first night balling in these.  If in fact I do, I will review them ASAP.

Seems like no one knows that there's a restock just a while ago..
smile.gif
ordered my pair and got confirmation already
smile.gif

Originally Posted by peeeeeejay

Seems like no one knows that there's a restock just a while ago..
smile.gif
ordered my pair and got confirmation already
smile.gif

What's just a while ago
indifferent.gif

For anyone with a pair, if you do not plan to use the extra gray laces, would you be willing to sell them to me? I just got my order from eastbay today and the extra gray laces were missing from the box. Can anyone please help me out?

Arsonist

If someone doesn't get to you first(mine won't get here until Thursday) I'll send them to you at no charge.

Back
Top Bottom