OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Some very nice new pic's of the Easters

I'm starting to doubt my ability to resist on these
So are these the actual release product pictures?? I don't mind either way, but I just want to know what I'm signing up for? 

Anybody get their hands on these yet? would love to see some pics.

yes these are the actual release pair.
well, in any case. I'm excited. 
happy.gif

What non named shoes do you prefer? I've played in the hyperdunks which I know you can get on sale now and they're great but the Kobe's are definitely my go to shoe based solely on performance by far.
When I said better options, I meant for your money. Everybody's different tho, I like the Kobe's but it's too light for outdoor ball. I play in the Brandon Jennings shoes that work well, just aren't good on my forefoot which is a problem I have with most lightweight shoes (kobe 1 was the only shoe I didnt have this problem with). It's all preference like buddy said and the Kobe is one of the only low-top basketball shoe Nike really cares about.

also why are the KD elites now low? :nerd:

Durant said he like lows more. Said the 6 and 7s will also be lows
:smh:
I'm actually looking forward to the KD 6 and 7 since he said that they would be lows. For my play style, lows fit the way i play. I can understand how some people don't like lows but personally I'm excited for the return of the lows. :smokin

good, lows are awesome but Durants shoes look like crap

the only ones i ever liked were the II's and those are bad as hell

^They are IDs. Kobe was set to rock 3 different pairs of Lakers color inspired ID 8s. He got Jalen Rose'd in a pair. They are all simple, clean and can be made on nike id  

Man kind of disappointed in the kobe 8 elites, the regular kobe 8's were the best out of the 3 nike signature line but the elite is definitely the weakest of the 3. Hope they release some more colorways for the regular 8's and don't save up all the good colorways for the elite model (or I'm gonna have to resort to nike ID smh)

They obviously can't sell us pairs near wholesale. :smh: there is a reason they are called retailers.
Nvm this pointless convo. It's like talking to a wall.

Uh yes they can but they wouldnt do all the time because business is about making money. Ever heard of clearance price? Example, a pair of Nike can be had for $24.99 at factory outlet or shoe city or Big 5 sport store etc That's wholesale price or near wholesale sale.

Look like you can't even understand simple economic if you don't see how retailer are reseller.

Next time don't call quote someone if you don't know what you're talking about.

And lol at you for not able to see through the picture that retailer are technically reseller.

It's all good though. Big corporation and businesses thrive on simple minded consumers like you

Last edited:
They obviously can't sell us pairs near wholesale. :smh: there is a reason they are called retailers.
Nvm this pointless convo. It's like talking to a wall.

Uh yes they can but they wouldnt do all the time because business is about making money. Ever heard of clearance price? Example, a pair of Nike can be had for $24.99 at factory outlet or shoe city or Big 5 sport store etc That's wholesale price or near wholesale sale.

Look like you can't even understand simple economic if you don't see how retailer are reseller.

Next time don't call quote someone if you don't know what you're talking about.

And lol at you for not able to see through the picture that retailer are technically reseller.

It's all good though. Big corporation and businesses thrive on simple minded consumers like you

Clearance price is meaning that pairs weren't sold and they need to deduct the price so that someone will buy them. Plus why would Nike undersell a product they know they can sell at a higher price. you obviously have economics on lock :rolleyes, but that doesn't change the fact that you as a person can do nothing about the prices... if you boycott, the next guy will purchase the shoes and Nike still wins....
btw thats pretty low of you to call me simple minded consumer... :smh:

Definition #4 of "clearance" on dictionary.com...
Also called clearance sale. the disposal of merchandise at reduced prices to make room for new goods: He bought the coat for half price at a clearance.

why would they release a shoe and then put it straight on clearance sale price...

Last edited:
I understand what your saying but I definitely disagree that each unit cost 2 dollars max. I know its a very large profit margin for Nike but 2 dollars would not even cover the materials used in a shoe unless its a baby size shoe.  This guy broke it down on yahoo and said in 1995 that the price for Nike to produce a pair of shoes including all aspects is $20 while materials cover $9 of that. I get where you are coming from though.

http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081108012323AAjdZEP

I was solely talking about material cost. If you add in other cost like labor, shipping, equipment, etc then yes it might be around $10 but i still doubt it's that high.

Back then Nike use leather. Nowadays the majority of the upper are hyperfuse, flywire etc. Plastic cost cheaper to make then leather

Clearance price is meaning that pairs weren't sold and they need to deduct the price so that someone will buy them. Plus why would Nike undersell a product they know they can sell at a higher price. you obviously have economics on lock :rolleyes, but that doesn't change the fact that you as a person can do nothing about the prices... if you boycott, the next guy will purchase the shoes and Nike still wins....

Im not boycotting anything dude lol wth? You're not getting my point here.

I said retailer are technically reseller because if you take time and look at the big picture, most of the time they sell an item at a higher price than the price that it cost them to buy from maker.

And i know what clearance price is. I was just giving and example. You mention retailer can't sell item at wholesale price and i just show you an example that they could but obviously they wouldn't do that all the time because their goal is to make money.

Smh at you for still not able to see it.

Retailer are reseller at the end of the day. Period. Some just can't sell over the MSRP depend on how they contract work with the manufacturer. Some could.

Last edited:

Im not boycotting anything dude lol wth? You're not getting my point here.

I said retailer are technically reseller because if you take time and look at the big picture, most of the time they sell an item at a higher price than the price that it cost them to buy from maker.

You mention retailer can't sell item at wholesale price and i just show you an example that they could but obviously they wouldn't do that all the time because their goal is to make money.

Smh at you for still not able to see it.

Retailer are reseller at the end of the day. Period. They just can't sell over the MSRP depend on how they contract work with the manufacturer.
ok seriously done w/ this convo. but don't take me unwillingness to continue as a sign that i don't know my stuff. not saying i'm an econ major but i'm not a, in your words, "simple minded consumer". :smh:

Back
Top Bottom