OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Quick cell pic of the Green PP's. Picked these up from HoH Mall of America. Had all 4 PP's there but these looked the best to me. Birthday coupon accepted as well.

Yeah man. I feel you on that, including the red pp would be 4 red Cw's of the 8,( challenge red snakes, milksnake red boas, red camo yots, and now the pp's ), with not 1 single true lakers cw. Some bs man
You know what's funny? There are 4 red colorways, and all 4 could have been the All-star game shoes. Not those overhyped slices of pizza.

not sure the area72s are "over hyped" and they definitely don't look like pizza.
If anything I'd say the ASGs/Area 72s are underhyped. Most people have been trying to clown on them saying they look like pizza or whatever. I actually think the details and everything on them are pretty nice. Not one of my top 5, but they're nice.

I feel by far the most hyped Kobe8 was the MC. I felt the colorway was beautiful but the ghost swoosh I could not support. Bummed because regardless of how "non noticeable" it is, I know it's there. If it wasn't there I would grabbed at least two pair. Only Kobe I really wanted and passed on. I was/am so dissatisfied with the outcome.
The change in swoosh placement actually totally turns me off to the MCs, even though I know the point of the MCs was to emulate the soccer shoe. If they kept the same colors but had the original swoosh placement like the other 8s, I would've been a much bigger fan.

Last edited:
THEJISBAC - seems like every kobe 8 release is distributed in smaller numbers like 1 - 2 size runs. marketing ploy by nike for sure. milk snakes had the same fate as every other GR 8 so far.

and yea, area72s are a beautiful summer shoe. I miss my pair.

Quick cell pic of the Green PP's. Picked these up from HoH Mall of America. Had all 4 PP's there but these looked the best to me. Birthday coupon accepted as well.
Nice P/U -- do you know if they have good sizes in other colorways at MOA? (aside from the PPs I mean)

THEJISBAC - seems like every kobe 8 release is distributed in smaller numbers like 1 - 2 size runs. marketing ploy by nike for sure. milk snakes had the same fate as every other GR 8 so far.

bigj505, you forgot the "k" in my name homie! :tongue: Lol! Naw just messin. Question though when you say they had the same fate as every other GR 8, do you mean as in people missing out on them or were you referring to something else?

not sure the area72s are "over hyped" and they definitely don't look like pizza.
Then how hyped were they?
If anything I'd say the ASGs/Area 72s are underhyped. Most people have been trying to clown on them saying they look like pizza or whatever. I actually think the details and everything on them are pretty nice. Not one of my top 5, but they're nice.
They don't look like pizza. They look like cheese pizza. It's not clowning when it's true.
I agree on the nice details part though, but they're not on my top 5 list either. Im not saying they're terrible, but personally I wouldn't wear it. All I'm saying is that either one of the 4 red color ways could have been the ASG.

I'm glad the pizza in my area doesn't look like the ASGs. I wouldn't eat it if it looked like a big orange and yellow swirly mess. 

Not sure if everyone else's FTL's are doing this but I just got word from my local FTL that the Graffiti's have been dealyed to next week. Looks like 5 Kobe cw's releasing in one day was too much. Haha. 

thanks for clairifying.. those other CW are generic i dont know why they release those last they always do that... the graffiti and sparks are the only CW i want 

I'm glad the pizza in my area doesn't look like the ASGs. I wouldn't eat it if it looked like a big orange and yellow swirly mess. 
:lol: Word. Next time I order a pizza I'm gonna take a pic of a slice next to my Area 72s to show you dudes what pizza is supposed to look like.

bigj505, you forgot the "k" in my name homie! :tongue: Lol! Naw just messin. Question though when you say they had the same fate as every other GR 8, do you mean as in people missing out on them or were you referring to something else?

sorry dude :tongue:
same as every other GR is "seems like every kobe 8 release is distributed in smaller numbers like 1 - 2 size runs. marketing ploy by nike for sure"

Then how hyped were they?
They don't look like pizza. They look like cheese pizza. It's not clowning when it's true.
I agree on the nice details part though, but they're not on my top 5 list either. Im not saying they're terrible, but personally I wouldn't wear it. All I'm saying is that either one of the 4 red color ways could have been the ASG.

they sold out yes, but people werent dying over them like the BHM or the Mambacurials. Id say they were the 4th hyped kobe behind
MC
BHM
Xmas
Area72
area72 look more like the popsicle:

Last edited:
Nice P/U -- do you know if they have good sizes in other colorways at MOA? (aside from the PPs I mean)

Nah they were pretty slim on the Kobe's. The only other pair I saw on display was the "Red Snakes" but didn't ask what sizes left. Still striking out on stock locating my size 12 Sulfurs.... :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom