OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

the new PPs  remind me of the ASG Hyperposites. I like them but woudn't cop unless on sale

Last edited:
I think things were pretty much a wrap after the Curials; however, the PPs were cool (but they were shown a few months back and just finally were released in the states).

Everything since then has been red or some random zany color way like they're trolling us. The Brons at least went out a hype-induced bang. Kobe's are like the end of his season, a whimper.

Nike, with these increasing prices, needs to slow down with the number of color ways. 30 color ways is simply ridiculous. How the hell do you even retro that? Usually with the Jordan's it's like 3-6 OGs and then brand new colors.

LOL...oh and yet another "ORANGE" colorway i see ....this wolf grey/orange pics above....so thats 11 colorways of the KOBE 8 with ORANGE on them so far released......LOL... smh my god! ...whats with the ORANGE? LOL

Last edited:
Understood my man.

It's just the first time I've heard a more seasoned Kobehead put the 8 at the top of the totem pole. I was just curious at the end of the day. That's all.
Lol yeah understood bro. Its all good. Yeah I haven't really seen anyone say these are their favorite kicks ever. I never really hear the phrase best and favorite EVER. Most of the time its best of the year or season. But yeah. My rankings are all Kobe's at the top obviously since they are the only shoes I purchase mostly.
1) 8's
2) 5's
3) 6's
4) 4's
5) 7's

I know most people would rank 4's first or second. But the lunarfoam bottomed too quick and were little higher cut then the rest of the models after those. Definitly started the lowtop movement and love the 4's for starting the lowtop phenomenon. I only do low tops as a pg, plus Kobe's my favorite player all time , can't do no wrong.

Hey at least all these colorways Nike has been putting out are easily attainable for the most part. Can't be mad at that. Keep them coming. "Sneakerhead" heaven.

Been on the fence tryna decide whether to cop the royal blues. I think Imma need them. Not a huuge fan of mixing orange blue and yellow but that blue upper loooks straaaaightttt fire. Went from on the fence to I need in a matter of seconds. They grew on me just like every other 8.

Can we stop calling these the PP's? They're clearly the TB's and y'all are going crazy over team bank colourways :smh:

I hope they do a solid white TB next. With purple.

These TB IV's were one of the more underrated cws:

wanna know why they were underrated? because they were TEAM BANK. no one gave them a second look.

all of a sudden you have team bank colourways and someone claimed they were philippines exclusives so people HAD to get them. then they started showing up in the states and people were still going crazy because they're "PP's"

shoe game these days.. i just smh.

/rant

Last edited:
Those pit vipers are clean af.. IMO look better than the sparks. But pls don't be confused I will try and cop both. Hopefully like everybody has been saying... They release stateside

I can't speak for everybody but ZKIV and V TBs were decent, VI and VII TBs weren't appealing at all. The 8 TB(PP sounds stupid to begin with) went one step further and added a midsole graphics, solid upper, and decent colorblocking and with a great shoe of the 8 is a sure hit like every cw that's released. Even without the PP label they still would sell. I think they will go on sale and hit outlet(s) like all TBs.

Been on the fence tryna decide whether to cop the royal blues. I think Imma need them. Not a huuge fan of mixing orange blue and yellow but that blue upper loooks straaaaightttt fire. Went from on the fence to I need in a matter of seconds. They grew on me just like every other 8.
How I'm feeling about them

The 8 is getting so watered down, that if a Laker cw does drop, I'll probably end up waiting until I can catch on a discount like I did with the VIs and VIIs... I'm just getting bored with all these sub par colorways..... Losing interest.
I feel you I bet there will be laker colorways early for the 9s.

^^doubt it... VIIs didn't see true Laker colorways until mid/late season, and they weren't very nice IMO. Homes were Ok, but PDF aways were garbage.

Back
Top Bottom