OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Yea man I get on the forum everyday hoping that were gonna get one legitimate laker color way. I don't think its gonna happen. I think when we look back on this line it will actually stop it from being the top kobe shoe of all time. I know everyone has there preferences but I think the 8's have the potential to be considered the best kobe shoe ( granted I have no idea whats next). I think the only real thing stopping that is that when we look back were gonna say "man that was an amazing shoe but we didn't get a laker colorway."  

How many people in here would buy a black out pair of Kobe 8's if they released?

I have the black exts and the black elites and I would still buy a blackout pair. Still hoping for a blackout and whiteout release. Doesn't look like it's happening tho :smh:

Yea man I get on the forum everyday hoping that were gonna get one legitimate laker color way. I don't think its gonna happen. I think when we look back on this line it will actually stop it from being the top kobe shoe of all time. I know everyone has there preferences but I think the 8's have the potential to be considered the best kobe shoe ( granted I have no idea whats next). I think the only real thing stopping that is that when we look back were gonna say "man that was an amazing shoe but we didn't get a laker colorway."  
I agree 100%. I think the lack of Lakers color ways has something to do with the lack of Lakers success. There were many LAL color ways for the IVs and Vs, since they won back to back titles, and Nike knew those CWs would sell well. On the other hand, last season was ugly. And not surprisingly, we still haven't see an LAL CW for the 8s. If they do about the same or worse next year, i.e. barely making the playoffs, then I don't think there will be any Lakers CWs for the 9s.

Last edited:
And it becomes more evident that the pp are just TB Colorways :lol:

which is what i said from the beginning.. people going crazy over TB's :smh:

so this is what's happened to the kobe line? building hype on a TB?! just can't help but shake my head

There were two laker colorways each on the 6s and 7s released in sep-nov if I recall in those years. 6s had 3d and a gradient while the 7s had the yin yang Mis match deal and a white upper pair. Hopefully we get surprised.

And it becomes more evident that the pp are just TB Colorways :lol:

which is what i said from the beginning.. people going crazy over TB's :smh:

so this is what's happened to the kobe line? building hype on a TB?! just can't help but shake my head

I said the same thing at first.
I'm not mad at the hype they used to have. I'm mad at the price increase.

Here you go. From EB magazine I got yesterday. Have to do a phone order I guess at this point.
Just spoke with Eastbay and they are sold out of the grey/orange apparently
nerd.gif

Forgive my silly question, but what does TB mean?
TB=Team Bank: widely MASS PRODUCED generic colorways of a shoe that end up going on discount when people realize they aren't limited.  Great for schools who want to coordinate their player's outfits, or students who want to show school spirit.  

There were two laker colorways each on the 6s and 7s released in sep-nov if I recall in those years. 6s had 3d and a gradient while the 7s had the yin yang Mis match deal and a white upper pair. Hopefully we get surprised.
I know the white upper came out in at least spring if not sooner. that was what I got at my first ever trip to the es

I know someone mentioned in this thread about Nike having a warranty system in place for a year?  I was just wondering if this would be eligible for a refund of any kind, but my ASG's, after very, very limited use, have started to tear in the mesh upper.

Anything I can do?

My concern is the fact that it is tearing right at the point of heavy abuse due to cutting.

they will probably give you a full refund, only bad thing is thats not going to get you a new pair of ASG's

i had the soles on my Hyperfuses come unglued after about 5 months of hooping in them, and i got a full refund.

Even though I'm not super fond of the PP/TBs. I'm kinda glad they're getting shine. The Kobe line as a whole is getting some well deserved shine.

BUT once the 9 drops I think it's going to go back to how it was.

Back
Top Bottom