OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Don't get me wrong, I like the colorway a lot for the MCs. I just don't agree with how nike went about it. The Kobe 8 is by far my favorite shoe of the year. Seeing it or not, nike could have done something about it and they didn't. The love/hype for the shoe blinded everyone to their lack of giving two ***** about its customers. This company makes way too much money to let **** like that slide. Especially when you rape your customer with their price points. I do not support that no matter how much I like their shoes. Give me what it should be not just a "oh well, it will still sell." This is NIKE not a small start up company.
There is no excuse for it.

after a long long lon time thinking.

i must say nike basketball was a let down this year.

in terms of models kobe 8 is number 1.

however, the hype got so real i think judgement was clouded.

a good majority of the colorways are garbage.

i regretted a number of purchases.

i decided to sell off and kept only the sulfurs, vb, and easter.

even after that i was still disappointed.

luckily flight club helped me sell the easters and vbs.

i am left with the one pair i started wth. the sulfurs. they are beat bc i used them for ball, gym, and bartending.

i wish the kobe 8 wasnt oversaturated with colors.

overall fail.

JK IM JUST SALTY AND STILL WANT MAMBACURIALS 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

RIGHT Phillip lol

I bought the Lebron Witness shirt in the MC color way. I prefer more than the other. If you go to Champs, they have 2 shirts, the Witness and a Ball something shirt that someone posted awhile.

Please don't wear a Bron shirt with Kobe kicks

I'm in love. Didn't think I'd be able to get a size 12, but these are amazing. 

Dope.
We all bought them because they're limited/hyped if you let others tell it. Nice PU bro.

Last edited:
after a long long lon time thinking.

i must say nike basketball was a let down this year.

in terms of models kobe 8 is number 1.

however, the hype got so real i think judgement was clouded.

a good majority of the colorways are garbage.

i regretted a number of purchases.

i decided to sell off and kept only the sulfurs, vb, and easter.

even after that i was still disappointed.

luckily flight club helped me sell the easters and vbs.

i am left with the one pair i started wth. the sulfurs. they are beat bc i used them for ball, gym, and bartending.

i wish the kobe 8 wasnt oversaturated with colors.

overall fail.

JK IM JUST SALTY AND STILL WANT MAMBACURIALS 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
I agree with you somewhat but there are some legit colorways out there. sulfurs blk elites and fades should be the main staple. The rest depend on what you like. I think looking back on few colorways we will wonder why we get em but hype or not I still love this years shoe.

I'm semi-disappointed with the fireworks. The clear sole looks light gray from a distance. I think a burnt orange might have worked better.

Just save up and get the MCs if you want them that badly. I'm definitely a quality > quantity kind of guy when it comes to shoes now. If you're already willing to spend so much to get 5, 10, 15 however many colorways anyway, might as well get the few that you really love than have a bunch that you're only so so about. I used to have a lot more pairs in my closet but then I downsized to just the pairs I really love/need. Much happier that way than having multiple colorways that I'm not that hot on.

I never got why some dudes bought certain colorways just to have them but didn't really like them that much. I understand the collectors mentality that you can get and have been guilty of it too in the past, but at the end of the day, you don't get a cookie for having every color.

Last edited:
Heads up some Marshalls are selling the Kobe 6's 3D Laker colorways fro $50! Was able to find my pair in San Jose, CA.
Which one specifically? I have a friend at sjsu who i'm going to ask to checkfor my size. Almost pulled the trigger on a pair on ebay for $120

Want to cop a couple more coloways before the 8s are done , then I'll be good until they retro :smile: (in a while). Already have black elites and sulfers.

i really don't get how everyone loves the MC.  soccer fans maybe?
THIS. I'M A HUGE FUTBOL FAN.

BUT IM NOT GONNA PAY RESELLERS PRICE.

AS GOOD AS THE MODEL IS, ITS A NIKE SHOE PAPIS.

KOBE STANS GOTTA REALIZE THERE ARE ALSO JUST CASUAL FANS IN HERE.

chlorine blue elites!!!!!!!!!!!
Why do ppl keep mentioning another elite? I though leo chang made it clear the kobe 8 was only getting 2 elites this year(superheroes and black/gold)

new to the site so I am sorry if this has been asked before and sorry if this is in the wrong thread but does anyone know where to get a pair of Lunarlon insoles for the Kobe 8s? I bottomed mine out and was wondering if there was anyway I could fine another pair. Any help would be great.
Many other members have had that issue and have spoken to nike about it but no extra insoles are available for the 8 at the moment.

Damn fam, I am down from 11 pairs of Kobe 8 to now 9. I'm going 2 return another pair that Im not gonna wear as soon as I get them from FTL and I am still trying to sell that "easter" pair. I sold my ASG (which I regret now) and I took back the red TB's. This is a sad day!

Pairs I have left

Black/silver PP's (ds)
Fades
X-mas  (ds)
Easters (trying to sell) (ds)
MC (ds)
Nike ID pair (Duke's)
Sulfurs
Red camo YOTS

Money probs?

I love the design and green/volt of the MC's but I just don't do pink and its not even a masculine thing, they are a dope shoe tho. Just not for me.

Don't get me wrong, I like the colorway a lot for the MCs. I just don't agree with how nike went about it. The Kobe 8 is by far my favorite shoe of the year. Seeing it or not, nike could have done something about it and they didn't. The love/hype for the shoe blinded everyone to their lack of giving two ***** about its customers. This company makes way too much money to let **** like that slide. Especially when you rape your customer with their price points. I do not support that no matter how much I like their shoes. Give me what it should be not just a "oh well, it will still sell." This is NIKE not a small start up company.
There is no excuse for it.
Nike doesn't own you anything. It's economics. If you like the shoe buy it if you don't then Don't. Maybe nike wanted there to be a "ghost swoosh". It's Nikes prerogative

Zero salt from me. Held and had the chance at 3 separate pairs of MCs at retail. Just didn't want them bad enough.

Just did a 180 on these thanks to @jb11swag on Instagram I need these but these will be my 3rd orange shoe when I get the kds as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom