OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

They NEED to get my man Erick Goto, the genius behind some of the most amazing colorways of the Kobe VI (OC, East LA, All Stars and Hollywood) working on colorways for the Kobe 8 System. This guy did masterpieces on the VI sillhouette, Nike needs to get smart and pair this guy up with the Kobe 8 and take take this shoe model to its fullest potential! 

If you guys don't know who Erick Goto is, the article below is a good read:

http://www.nicekicks.com/2011/02/1-on-1-with-nike-graphic-designer-erick-goto/

I don't remember where I read or heard about it, but I think he is involved with the Kobe 8?

Can anyone clarify?

^^^ we'll ignore those socks too
roll.gif
roll.gif

didn't Goto design the graphic on the 8's uppers?

I remember he did the graphic on the Big Stages. Please
correct me if I'm remembering this wrong.

Still have yet to pick up a pair of 8s . Was thinking about the xmas but decided to pass at the end . I am however looking forward to the all stars :smokin

toothbrush, water and mild dish detergent

I always do this. Jason Markk my *****. I would not spend that much for something to clean
my shoes with. :smh: props to JM though.

Clear soles will yellow faster when in contact with water though so think about that for a sec.

People selling the Xmas shirts for like $75 on eBay lol. Seen some dude that said that the shirt was only available at the arena or something. 

Truth is... People keep shoes DS because of value.  They spent $200+ on shoes or whatever they paid for it, why do they want to dirty it up? Simply put, It loses value.

That's why the saying goes... 1 to ROCK.  1 to STOCK.  and 1 to RESELL to make most of your money back.

Last edited:
just to be clear, i think that previous IG pic of the RED kobe 8 would most likely be a regular colorway, but deff not the asg. maybe this is the wrong logic, but dont you think if those were the asg's he'd take a pic with the rest of the asg shoes as well?

but on the other hand, that vid that was just posted of the ORANGE pair is totally different than the red one. now that could definitely be an ASG shoe considering the resemblance in pattern to the brons and kd's. they remind me of the the great red spot on the planet jupiter.

here's another vid that was posted way before the kobe 8 even came out and some people were speculating an OC copy, but i do think there is a high chance that we are looking at a replica of the ASG's.

and for all the people asking about erick goto, here's what was put on the kobe 8 bio pdf, that was up when the press release first came out (cant seem to find it on nike inc's website anymore:

ERICK GOTO
Erick Goto is a graphic designer for the Nike Basketball footwear team and created the snake-inspired graphics for the KOBE 8 SYSTEM – including a multitude of distinct patterns for each pair that will release. “With 2013 being the Year of the Snake, it made sense to go deeper into the Black Mamba concept for this shoe,” says Goto, who has worked on Kobe’s footwear since 2008. “We worked with more of a modern, geometric interpretation of snake skin for the upper, and the unique tongue graphics give each pair of shoes its own snake persona.”

i remember that vid, fake or not those are hot.
Didn't someone mention aliens and military is the theme this year?
would make sense

Yeh that's probably not a bad guess. I hope both pairs release but I'll definitely be copping those Reds with the silver heel cup!

those who ordered from deadstock.ca.. what's the status of your fedex tracker? mine has been stuck at 'shipment info sent to fedex...' getting restless!

those who ordered from deadstock.ca.. what's the status of your fedex tracker? mine has been stuck at 'shipment info sent to fedex...' getting restless!

Mine as well. I'm thinking it should probably update and show tracking today.

If those red or orange are all stars, then thank you Nike!! Easy pass! Save me $$$

1:37 same design on the inside of the tongue of the lebron x and kd v galaxies. these are probably the all stars

these are dope :nthat:. only thing is they're so bright & loud like my pair of galaxy lebron 9...don't kno if i need two pair of bright orange kicks if these do end up being da real galaxy kobe 8 :\

Back
Top Bottom