OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

I highly recommend them.  I hesitated on the YOTH and extremely happy I picked them up (even for retail).  The colors are just so rich and the detail is serious.  That blue sole is incredible too.
Yes! I love the horse hair texture on the swoosh too. Just my opinion but to me the YOTH are one of the top Kobe 8 colorways and people are sleeping on them.

I think a lot of people might have passed on the YOTH because of the extra $20 in the price and because of all the other red Kobe 8s that released. If I didn't already have the milksnakes, I'd grab a pair of the YOTH. They look much better in person.

Yeah i wasn't certain it was phylon didn't want to state and get blasted by some NT member. I like it a lot better than lunarlon. Feels like I could put so much more pressure on it then lunarlon.
Superhero's have PHYLON instead of LUNARLON...???

I've never been too fond of them, but I'd copp for under $100 just for the Insoles.

And if the PHYLON is so much better, why don't ALL of the Kobe 8's have Phylon?

It's getting more Obvious that Nike wants the Sneakers to Bottom Out so you buy more pairs. Same idea with the shaved off Tread on the Bottom Soles... how much lower to the ground can you REALLY Be w/ a got dam Millimeter?

They disguise it by claiming it's all about Kobe's on-court "Performance"... the Gimmicks, bruh. 
grin.gif

I think a lot of people might have passed on the YOTH because of the extra $20 in the price and because of all the other red Kobe 8s that released. If I didn't already have the milksnakes, I'd grab a pair of the YOTH. They look much better in person.
I think by time they dropped, people were burnt out with Random Colorway Kobe 8's. I think they would've done much better in Spring of 13.

There's only so many times you can BS the consumer, and even though they're YOTH colors... people were kinda pissed at the BS releasing the 2nd Half of the year. It just fell in the pot with it.

Not to mention the fact their were No Laker CW's. Ppl got sick of them. IMO.

I think by time they dropped, people were burnt out with Random Colorway Kobe 8's. I think they would've done much better in Spring of 13.
Agreed on both comments bruh. Def on the YOTH 8's. I really liked it when first initial pics came out I think cause everybody was just fiending for a new dope CW. But then $160 and saw it in person and just something I knew I could pass on. Don't get me wrong I would def cop on the cheap tho.

I think Nike just killed the 8's when they dropped the Mine Greys and Green Glow Pit Viper patterns. The original Pit Viper would have been enough. If they wanted to recycle some patterns Pit Vipers were the wrong shoe to do it on. They could have used Sulfurs or anyone of the earlier CWs again def would have been more interesting.

There's only so many times you can BS the consumer, and even though they're YOTH colors... people were kinda pissed at the BS releasing the 2nd Half of the year. It just fell in the pot with it.

Not to mention the fact their were No Laker CW's. Ppl got sick of them. IMO.

Too true. Mine Greys, Green Glows, Venice Beaches :smh: the hopes and dreams of the kobe 8 fanbase were long since crushed by the time the YOTH's came along. Had that BHM 2.0 been released their might've been some hope.

It still sits a bit high, its probably cuz i wear ankle braces which adds that extra layer.  Lunarlon just feels like its much more locked down in comparison, but I wouldn't say the superheroes are too bad.  If you dont wear ankle braces it might not even be very noticeable.  I think its def worth it though if you can get one for a good price.  Just for reference, I only use my shoes for ball, so its def worth it to me cuz they should allow me to use my kobe 8s a lot longer.  

Ok, I guess I'm just gonna get the shoe for the insole and then sell the shell.

The thing that elevates a good signature shoe (aside from performance and looks duh) into iconic status is the on court appearance. The disappointing thing about the 8s is they released probably just 3-4 colors that Kobe ACTUALLY wore.

Take the Kobe 4 and 5 for example. Kobe wore even the latter drops. Injury or no injury, how can Mamba rock all the random red colorways they dropped?

Picked up the challenge reds at FTL for my bro. On sale for $69.99. :smile:
I went in looking for the superheroes but they only had one size.

im probably gonna go around this weekend seeing if I can find any KB8s on sale.

Agreed on both comments bruh. Def on the YOTH 8's. I really liked it when first initial pics came out I think cause everybody was just fiending for a new dope CW. But then $160 and saw it in person and just something I knew I could pass on. Don't get me wrong I would def cop on the cheap tho.

I think Nike just killed the 8's when they dropped the Mine Greys and Green Glow Pit Viper patterns. The original Pit Viper would have been enough. If they wanted to recycle some patterns Pit Vipers were the wrong shoe to do it on. They could have used Sulfurs or anyone of the earlier CWs again def would have been more interesting.
SPOT ON, bro.

They picked quite possibly the Weakest Pattern to Recycle, when they had GEMS they could've used from earlier in the year.

OR they could've just used one of the 40 Other Patterns they put on Un-Released PE's all season long! SMH 
mad.gif

No kobe 8s at all in the Dallas area in men's sizes
Drying up here in PHX too. I'm pretty sure by now they are all gone. Sad to see them go out. I have a feeling the 9's won't disappoint in the long run. Hopefully.

Green glow pit vipers sat on FTL dot com for the longest in a FSR, then one day I went on there and they were all completely gone just out of the blue

Agree with a lot of the comments. One thing Steve Jobs told Mark Parker (Nike's current CEO) is they make too much crap. If they had released two more colors in the Sulfur skin, Milk Snake, even the Red Camos that would have been much better than the Green Glow, second pit viper skin. Vs IMO had the best offerings in terms of available gr colors. 8s could've been on par with the Vs since the performance of the shoe was the best so far IMO, but some of the released available gr colors underwhelmed and disappointed the majority of us.

Last edited:

Superhero's have PHYLON instead of LUNARLON...???

I've never been too fond of them, but I'd copp for under $100 just for the Insoles.

And if the PHYLON is so much better, why don't ALL of the Kobe 8's have Phylon?

It's getting more Obvious that Nike wants the Sneakers to Bottom Out so you buy more pairs. Same idea with the shaved off Tread on the Bottom Soles... how much lower to the ground can you REALLY Be w/ a got dam Millimeter?

They disguise it by claiming it's all about Kobe's on-court "Performance"... the Gimmicks, bruh. >D  

They were simply trying to push their new foam setup. You have to admit it is very comfortable for casual use but obviously in the long run horrible for basketball purposes. Any of the 8s that had the + setup used phylon which is why I liked my Supernaturals so much more than the rest for basketball. If they ran with just EM as their "tech" for this shoe people would have asked for more.

And I highly doubt Kobe actually used the lunarlon setup. They give him something much better.

They were simply trying to push their new foam setup. You have to admit it is very comfortable for casual use but obviously in the long run horrible for basketball purposes. Any of the 8s that had the + setup used phylon which is why I liked my Supernaturals so much more than the rest for basketball. If they ran with just EM as their "tech" for this shoe people would have asked for more.

And I highly doubt Kobe actually used the lunarlon setup. They give him something much better.
I think he probably used the lunarlon. He probably got a fresh pair of Lunarlon insoles every game. or even the phylon with the zoom. Yup after a month of wear the lunarlon is basically done.

I always wanted a purple version of the sulfurs. That was a cw I was hoping for since the beginning

Back
Top Bottom