OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

^ I actually prefer the Lifestyle upper, plain but it's better than the print.

Really interested in what options will be on iD next year. I have a feeling that Nike will have me make at least 2 iDs and get none of the GRs and limited stuff if the current print will be on all releases beside the Elites.

Last edited:
The lifestyle upper would look cool in a clean black colorway or something. But I have a feeling the hook for the NSW Kobe VIII lifestyle line will be soccer-themed stuff

for real the lifestyle's look like AirWalks people used to rock in 3rd grade, expected something better lol.

^ Word, that lifestyle is basic as hell. Take off the swoosh and it looks like any other skate shoe you see at Active.

I didn't start wearing Kobe's until the V's, which looked decent but were an EXCELLENT basketball shoe. The VI's were good too, and the VII are grew on me, I like them, they feel more sturdy than the predecessors. Since the V, I have played ball exclusively in kobes. HOWEVER, IF THEY RELEASE THIS GARBAGE AS THE VIII, I'M PLAYING IN MY OLD KOBE'S UNTIL THE IX RELEASE. THESE ARE HORRIBLE! PATHETIC! WOULDNT COP AT OUTLET FOR $45 DOLLARS! YUCK!

end rant. sorry.

People swear like the VII's were a bad looking shoe. The VII's were a great LOOKING shoe with HORRIBLE color execution.

Had they incorporated more of the features seen on the WTK's on regular colorways and not thrown in so many crappy grey soles on every pair they would of been much better looking.

Those fakes may indeed look somewhat like the final product, but you can't even see the engineered mesh everyone is talking about in those so it'll be interesting to see the real thing.

The VII's were not bad at all. I think that they could have done a better job with the selection of the colorways.

Co-sign with xsalvioutlawx and DAR228 on the VIIs. Good looking shoe/design, but colorways were underwhelming and performance/comfort was not up to par, worst performing in the line since the IIs (for me anyway) and they were very stiff IMO. Most important thing to me for these VIIIs is that comfort/fit gets improved. I'm sure there will at least be a couple colorways that'll catch my eye (there always is, even with the VIIs), but looks aside, they need to make sure the damn shoes are comfortable.

People swear like the VII's were a bad looking shoe. The VII's were a great LOOKING shoe with HORRIBLE color execution.
Had they incorporated more of the features seen on the WTK's on regular colorways and not thrown in so many crappy grey soles on every pair they would of been much better looking.
Those fakes may indeed look somewhat like the final product, but you can't even see the engineered mesh everyone is talking about in those so it'll be interesting to see the real thing.

qft... the material on the upper also did not look good in a lot of colors other than black, especially with the graphics

Some of the cheetahs didn't look bad, but it was corny execution overall

Nike-Zoom-Kobe-8-Lifestyle-Sample.jpeg

I really like these. Barcelona colors I'm assuming and they look like great indoor soccer shoes.

logically speaking...

kobe sig models are "top tier" products and some of the best selling nike basketball puts out...with that being said they are usually some of the most expensive...

these pictured are not a 150$+ valued shoe which leads me to believe they are a "takedown" model or possibly team models for the kobe brand a la` the "soldier" line for LeBrons brand.

Dont see Nike pushing these as the flagship product of one of their best selling lines....

just my 2 cents.

Well know when we see real pics of the VIII's

VII were a great looking shoe but quality, materials, and performances were terrible.

With all the bashing going on in here, it's clear that when we recieve detailed pics of the VIII's peoples minds will be changed. Just wait :smokin

Really tired of the Hate/Bashing of a sneaker that has yet to be officially sho as if you can design a better shoe yourself...People will like them some wont, most the people who bash now will be the first in line come release date.

Waiting to see the official pics but if they are all like that multi color design we see in the pics I pass. 7's were junk and was hoping for something like the 6s yet different

Back
Top Bottom