OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Don't know if I'm the only one, but definitely liking the shape of the rumored 8's with the black/yellow pair. Waiting for better color execution and I think this will be in kill mode like the KB4-6

i personally am hoping for a mix of the iv's traction the v's fit and the 6's insole. if they get finally make it damn near perfect i'll be happy. i feel like these will fit like a glove and go back to the concept of lightest lowest basketball shoe available. i just want them to be comfortable but also give you that "edge" that kobe keeps on reiterating. i hope nike gets this one right because it seems like all the models lacked something but were good in other areas. we really can't tell how these will be until we see them in person. can't wait for december 20. 

i personally am hoping for a mix of the iv's traction the v's fit and the 6's insole. if they get finally make it damn near perfect i'll be happy. i feel like these will fit like a glove and go back to the concept of lightest lowest basketball shoe available. i just want them to be comfortable but also give you that "edge" that kobe keeps on reiterating. i hope nike gets this one right because it seems like all the models lacked something but were good in other areas. we really can't tell how these will be until we see them in person. can't wait for december 20. 

I feel the same way. I get more juiced for the new Kobe sig than any other product, and it's because the shoe performs the way I feel a basketball shoe should. If they took the good elements from past models and put them together for this sig it would be amazing. I'm still not over the V. Favorite basketball shoe to date as far as performance and looks goes. Really hoping that the VIII comes with high breathability and durability, low weight and court feel. I'm a fan of the pics we've seen of the yellow and black pair. That upper looks interesting from a performance standpoint. New lacing system has potential as well.

wL0VlMNlE0Cv7xhd7X4j7Q2.gif

expected to see the shoes by now..... wth nike

Co-sign with xsalvioutlawx and DAR228 on the VIIs. Good looking shoe/design, but colorways were underwhelming and performance/comfort was not up to par, worst performing in the line since the IIs (for me anyway) and they were very stiff IMO. Most important thing to me for these VIIIs is that comfort/fit gets improved. I'm sure there will at least be a couple colorways that'll catch my eye (there always is, even with the VIIs), but looks aside, they need to make sure the damn shoes are comfortable.

Yep the VIIs looked great but the shoe just didnt feel good.

Edit

Beat me to it.

I hate these stupid teasers, show the whole damn shoe! I don't like those two stripes on the back at all. What is the purpose?

Last edited:
What the hell. These are the first Kobe's I despised, even after official pics came out. They remind me of roshes with the upper.

Nike dropped the ball on all the basketball shoes this year. Not a single one looks attractive to me.

they probably are but they are ugly and whats with the cloth upper? SMH

they said its 'engineered mesh' which would be implemented on the kobe 8s, if this shoe turns out to be a lighter and more breathable kobe 6, i'm going in.

p.s, not really big on aesthetics, as long as it performs good, it's a go

they probably are but they are ugly and whats with the cloth upper? SMH

they said its 'engineered mesh' which would be implemented on the kobe 8s, if this shoe turns out to be a lighter and more breathable kobe 6, i'm going in.

p.s, not really big on aesthetics, as long as it performs good, it's a go

yea but what about those with sweaty feet? :smh:

Baby powder, Talcum powder, Monkey Butt powder or lose some damn weight.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Not to be an A hole but I'd say 80% of the sneaker collecting community would be considered medically obese ESPECIALLY in the Midwest. Fat guys love sneakers because dress shoes are very uncomfortable under all that weight. One of my best friends is a fat boy, he does not own one pair of dress shoes....100+ sneakers tho.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom