OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

I'm gonna cave and buy the Python sock now that Eastbay has them since I still have a small balance on a gift card. Gonna wear the socks with my other shoes not just the Pythons.

Agreed. Matching is personal preference....or a female trait.

What are the white and black colorway socks for?

i picked them up at HoH the other day. i wasn't exactly sure which shoe they were for either.

the color isn't exactly white, it's a little bit more like that platinum color they used on a couple shirts last year.

I bought the pythons but skipped on the socks..why would i buy a pair of socks that I could ONLY wear with that shoe? I would rather but the elite socks at the same price and be able to wear it with other pairs.

honestly, they were gonna sell socks anyways. nike elite socks have a cult behind them and a lot of people like to buy matching socks to go with their shoes. nike just took it to an extra level with these.

Yeah, but it looks like the reason why the asian market and american market got different versions was because we're more likely to spend $16 on socks. So we get half the logo.

The sheet on Xmas are white silver ish color and the socks are black. Maybe for an upcoming cw?

Last edited:

they were the first ones released and go with the Christmas pair.

interesting...

I bought the pythons but skipped on the socks..why would i buy a pair of socks that I could ONLY wear with that shoe? I would rather but the elite socks at the same price and be able to wear it with other pairs.

honestly, they were gonna sell socks anyways. nike elite socks have a cult behind them and a lot of people like to buy matching socks to go with their shoes. nike just took it to an extra level with these.

Yeah, but it looks like the reason why the asian market and american market got different versions was because we're more likely to spend $16 on socks. So we get half the logo.

i see your point... i kind the whole logo too. i remember getting my air and wondering why the heck there were 2 stripes on the back of the shoe... then i came in here.

they were the first ones released and go with the Christmas pair.

interesting...

thats odd. i would think the black/grey pair would be a more natural fit than the white/black ones

Went ahead and copped the white and midnight fog and black and grey, already ordered the python socks from KB24.com. Definitely gonna mix it up between my Xmas, python, and YOTS "black mambas"

Went ahead and copped the white and midnight fog and black and grey, already ordered the python socks from KB24.com. Definitely gonna mix it up between my Xmas, python, and YOTS "black mambas"
maybe not the YOTS, forgot they have the full shozoku already haha

I thought the socks went like this...IMO

Sulfurs, Xmas = Black/Strata Grey

Blue Lights = Game Royal/Strata Grey/Black

Pythons = Black/Challenge Red/Squadron Green

Teals = Dark Atomic Teal/Electric Yellow/Atomic Teal

?Volts = Pure Platinum/Midnight Fog/Black?

Last edited:
After looking at the socks the white and grey looking sock is the one that goes with the volts. The volts have the kobe sheath in a gray tone. The only thing is the socks with the volt colored top half, go with what shoe?

what happen to all the cats who hated the pythons and were sooooooo turned off by the white spot dead center of the toe box?? 

cant wait to get mines!!!

Back
Top Bottom