Official Nike Trainer SC Total Orange (Bo Jackson's - OG Colorway)

I wanted these so bad as a kid and remember a dude in my 4th grade class who had these. Wanted them back then and want them even more now. Somehow these willbe obtained...
pimp.gif

I had been knew about them. I usta search for kicks on there but never copped anything. Last night I got home from tha gym and couldn't sleep, so I wasjust surfin tha net seeing what I could spend money on. You're very welcome btw and enjoy your second pair. I just wanted to contribute and help somecats out even though some people act ugly on here.

Alright guys. Here are some cosmetic flaws. most microscopic that take minutes or hours to find. but they are there.

These were all present before being worn and have not gotten any worse after two wears.

-lower medial side midsole paint has a minor stripe of what will inevitably be paint chipping.
ecc1584364c1c2b8724c12440e4ceb42f8fc55c.jpg

Orange midsole paint not totally done right. it didnt chip off or anything from wear but came that way.
49b252745a6d5cbccecb104923cf245cb3a7620.jpg

White midsole paint is just a bit blotchy. orange midsole has a few air bubble spots
f352529431647ca1cdabeff91e6f9e966c02025.jpg

Orange speckle spots on one midsole
4741544c67caccb180765e6320d4b3af0649d3b.jpg

Orange midsole a bit sloppy here in just one small spot
43c350db47d26590cf98ce6dbbb0709d973ec9f.jpg

Heel area where the leather meets the midsole on the right side has a small crease/pinch on the leather.
10a251d4f26dacbacaeb5a3dc91358070bc406d.jpg

Orange midsole paoint meeting the outsole
80b15d496ec3c1b3c578cfd28dc233e42e8b816.jpg

Glue stains on the grey mudguard just slightly discolored. black stain on the orange midsole
99135f49497269ebcb24cac5bd71ecebf738b88.jpg

glue stains present here
0fe1514367c6ccb1d3d1b17f2589af0c7873ee5.jpg

It's important to note that I can do this same sort of microscopic witch hunt to past "great" retros. But its something many wanted to see.

Well apparently Nike didn't put the quality into these as I had hoped.
eyes.gif

I still want these though. These are very nostalgic to me. But I'm disgusted with Nike's ridiculous craftsmanship on these classics.
smh.gif

Damn you guys and all these pictures. Making me rethink not buying these. SMH. Late night NT browsing FTL on my bank account.

thanks wally its very important that we see the good and the bad so those who ordered online will know what to expect.

Has anyone anywhere in this country seen or bought these from a FTL or FA? Can u please post the sku from receipt to help a nt'er out thnx muchappreciated...

Originally Posted by blakperl

I had been knew about them. I usta search for kicks on there but never copped anything. Last night I got home from tha gym and couldn't sleep, so I was just surfin tha net seeing what I could spend money on. You're very welcome btw and enjoy your second pair. I just wanted to contribute and help some cats out even though some people act ugly on here.

Well let me be the first to say thank you, alot of members were able to pick up their pair thanks to you. Now they don't have to worry about running tonumerous stores or checking for hour online for them. Thanks again.

Such a NY shoe? Such a history? What does Bo Jackson have to do with New York?

Did you do some sort of survey? Travel across the country doing inspections of peoples feet
laugh.gif

You do know teams and schools all over the country have orange and blue, including Auburn
laugh.gif

Huh? I'm from NY, I didn't have to do a survey, and I've traveled around enough to know what people appreciated. When I went away toschool (other side of the country) anytime I wore SC trainers or AF1's, people were like "What are you wearing those for, those are mad oldschool...." Huh? Bo Jackson doesn't have anything to do with NY, but NY has always been huge into sneakers. NY loved em not because of Bo, butbecause of the shoe, same reason we were so big on Diamond Turfs, Griffeys, Air Max's, etc... it was just about being fly, not necessarily about theathlete. That's all I was saying. Don't understand what's so funny about it.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Alright guys. Here are some cosmetic flaws. most microscopic that take minutes or hours to find. but they are there.

These were all present before being worn and have not gotten any worse after two wears.

-lower medial side midsole paint has a minor stripe of what will inevitably be paint chipping.
ecc1584364c1c2b8724c12440e4ceb42f8fc55c.jpg

Orange midsole paint not totally done right. it didnt chip off or anything from wear but came that way.
49b252745a6d5cbccecb104923cf245cb3a7620.jpg

White midsole paint is just a bit blotchy. orange midsole has a few air bubble spots
f352529431647ca1cdabeff91e6f9e966c02025.jpg

Orange speckle spots on one midsole
4741544c67caccb180765e6320d4b3af0649d3b.jpg

Orange midsole a bit sloppy here in just one small spot
43c350db47d26590cf98ce6dbbb0709d973ec9f.jpg

Heel area where the leather meets the midsole on the right side has a small crease/pinch on the leather.
10a251d4f26dacbacaeb5a3dc91358070bc406d.jpg

Orange midsole paoint meeting the outsole
80b15d496ec3c1b3c578cfd28dc233e42e8b816.jpg

Glue stains on the grey mudguard just slightly discolored. black stain on the orange midsole
99135f49497269ebcb24cac5bd71ecebf738b88.jpg

glue stains present here
0fe1514367c6ccb1d3d1b17f2589af0c7873ee5.jpg

It's important to note that I can do this same sort of microscopic witch hunt to past "great" retros. But its something many wanted to see.

The only thing major there is that crease in the heal where the upper meets the midsole, i have seen that happen on ALOT of recent retro's and RARELY VERYRARELY on anything older than 2004

Originally Posted by bknowbles

wally or anyone else who got their pair did they have glue stains on them? because sneakraddicts just called me with them in hand and said his main complaint was a lot of the pairs had a sloppy glue job lol and it looks like its part of the sneaker design. idk I guess its one of those kicks you have to see in person and build your own opinion. oh yeah he's from brooklyn so yall bk cats hit your spots up cause he said his spot just got them in. that's like 8pairs gone right there lol.

Honestly Ive owned OG pairs and 98 retro's that had sloppy paint jobs, its notorious for this specific shoe and the 98's the paint flakes after only afew wears horribly but besides that the shape of the shoe was on point as were the materials.

My 3 favorite words....."OUT FOR DELIVERY" YES! My pair should be here today! Pics to come tonight!

Just got my 2nd pair. They got them in at The Attic in Cambridge, MA this morning. I can finally wear a pair in peace.

I just got home from work and the wife had them sitting on the table. They are as comfy as they were way back when. It's been a good nike retro year. TheGriffs, Mowabbs,Penny's and now the Bo's. Thanks Nike for giving us what we like. Now how bout the Air Shake N'destruct for the new year?

panaricanretro or spivins, hows the quality on your pairs? im beginning to worry my other internet orders may have some bigger issues than my pair currently.

My pair from Proper will be here tom..the anticipation is killing me, at least I got a pair of Neon 95 Hyperize today in the mail to hold me over.

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

NY loved em not because of Bo, but because of the shoe, same reason we were so big on Diamond Turfs, Griffeys, Air Max's, etc... it was just about being fly, not necessarily about the athlete.
I TRULY Hope You Realize How STUPID This Statment Sounds
indifferent.gif
.... NEWS FLASH, JustBecause YOU Sought After Shoes Back In The Day To Aid In "Being Fly" Rather Than Because One Athlete Or Another Endorsed The LineDOES NOT Mean This Was Reasoning Behind The Majority Of People Purchasing This Shoe...... Whether You're Willing To Admit It Or Not, BoWas An ICONIC Athelete From The 90's Decade Much Like A Scottie Pippen, Charles Barkley, Deone Sanders, Hell Even Michael Jordan; Were ForThe Nike Brand Name..... To Sit Here And Say That People Didn't Cop These Sneakers Because Of The Atheletes Name Attached To Them Is Just PureIDIOTIC And Would Only Suggest That You Somehow Missed Out On The SLEW Of Commercials Released And Marketing Efforts Done ByNike During This Era To Endorse These Iconic Athletes And The Product Lines They Represented
eyes.gif

Wow, it's really insane the level of detail we're subjecting our kicks to these days guys... remember when we just luckly to grab a pair?... that said I'll be the first rip Nike for ever declining quality and have been meaning to pull together a post on that.

A lot of what Wally posted up there I'm pretty sure were issues with the OG's as well. I know my two pairs of OG SCIIIs had glue marks on the suedemudguard. I think that's inevitable given the material join there. I'll have to dig out my pairs.

The heel crease is troubling. I recall my OGs having one of the "hardest" firm heel areas of any shoe... you couldn't squeeze it, itcouldn't dent. Is that not the case?

By far Nike's biggest sin whether it's AJ's Bo's Maxes, etc... is painting the mid sole white on retros where the OGs were unpainted rawpolyurethane! Please stop! I know the AJIV threads have covered this pretty extensively but it never ceases to annoy me. More and more you get the flakingalmost immediately on wearing! This is nuts! Do they do this because they assume 75% will never be worn anyway?
wink.gif

I love these . I got bout 6 pairs of shoes i need to cop once i get back on full time at my job.

This tounge was a little off.

Where the midsole is glued to the upper at the heel, it's a bit sloppy.

This right shoe is creased. I only tried these on on carpet. These came creased already.

The left shoe is great. But the right was bad overall especially with the creasing. The midsole paint was pretty good. I didn't see anything like Wally hadon mine. I'm pretty sure this will crack and chip after awhile. The orange is nice and bright. Comfort is great. Just like 1/4 too big not half. Nothingserious. But like I've said these are worth $105 and i am happy with this purchase.

psypha,

hey, did you swap out the laces? i have a sz 11, and my laces are way too long....

Btw these were taknlin by my iPhone 3gs and it's hard to get the right lighting. Sorry guys I don't own a digicam.

Back
Top Bottom