OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters

Lunaracer 3s (like Lemon/HTMs) are the soles I'll be using. And I think that Nike knows they could just make Racers for cheaper, have them sell out anyways, and continue to build the hype around Flyknit and hopefully release a Trainer again in the future and charge $200+. Just my .02

It will take a decent amount of time (1-2 hours per shoe) just to take off the soles, so keep that in mind. I think the Cheetos would look great with a LR sole so please share if you end up doing it! 
Thats interesting

On another note, my attempt at a sole swap is coming along pretty nicely. Definitely messed up some parts (which was inevitable since it's my first try), but I think taking your time heating and prying, as Lemon suggested, is the key. It takes a super long time to separate the Racer soles cleanly so I'm going to have to remove the excess sole with pliers and a blow dryer. Lunaracers come in tomorrow from Jimmy Jazz and I'm going to try the boiling water method Lemon shared and let y'all know how that goes. Here's a (rough) sneak peek:
good luck with the swap.. I'll watch the progression.. glad someone is brave enough to try.. I just don't have the skills or patience to do this.. 
laugh.gif

Lunaracer 3s (like Lemon/HTMs) are the soles I'll be using. And I think that Nike knows they could just make Racers for cheaper, have them sell out anyways, and continue to build the hype around Flyknit and hopefully release a Trainer again in the future and charge $200+. Just my .02
here's the sample pair that made me start doing more swaps (well, not me doing the work, but paying.. :lol: )

Last edited:
@agoatnamedsally can't wait to see how them come out. my blk/wht trainers have a sole swap coming soon as the soles are lookin pretty beat
At the last minute, I almost thought about tearing into my B/Ws instead, but realized I wouldn't want to have them on the operating table as a first time project. Plus, the volt soles needed to go (only thing holding the BLs from being a great colorway, IMO). For anyone wondering why I won't be using the Blue Goons soles after this:

I cut the toes off to make it easier to pull the front toe part of the sole off. Not sure if this is the best way, but just couldn't think of any other way to do it and don't really want the soles for any future swap.

It's interesting because I started with the right shoe, which looks way rougher than the left. I guess I got the technique down a bit better second time around.

Last edited:
RIP to those FKR soles [emoji]128591[/emoji]

Seeing the LR3 upper ripped off their sole will be an even sadder sight [emoji]128546[/emoji] But the final product will be best of both worlds, which makes it all worth it!

Last edited:
5Ks to half-marathons yes but last 2 miles or so of this Sunday's Chicago Marathon was the first time I've seen anyone actually racing in a pair of Racers (Blue Geckos). More power to that gentleman.

5Ks to half-marathons yes but last 2 miles or so of this Sunday's Chicago Marathon was the first time I've seen anyone actually racing in a pair of Racers (Blue Geckos). More power to that gentleman.

not these swapped pairs by any chance? owner was suppose to use 'em for the marathon (sub 3hrs PR time was the goal)

Last edited:
not these swapped pairs by any chance? owner was suppose to use 'em for the marathon (sub 3hrs PR time was the goal)

BW2s look AMAZING with the LR sole! :wow:

Then again, pretty much any Flyknit upper with an LR sole will make me go... :wow: :wow:

Last edited:

Interesting thought. However this guy was struggling a bit as I passed around mile 24/25 towards my 4 hour goal.

Last edited:
Interesting thought. However this guy was struggling a bit as I passed around mile 24/25 towards my 4 hour goal.
gotcha.. that's still my goal one day but have been having issues with my ITB since last year's half.. can't do much long runs anymore.. I'm pretty satisfied with 10k and below atm.. will test out a pair or two of Lunar soles Racer when I get 'em.. should be nice.. 
smile.gif

Last edited:
gotcha.. that's still my goal one day but have been having issues with my ITB since last year's half.. can't do much long runs anymore.. I'm pretty satisfied with 10k and below atm.. will test out a pair or two of Lunar soles Racer when I get 'em.. should be nice.. :smile:  

I too like that flyknit upper and lunar midsole combo [emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127996[/emoji]

im waiting until my black/wht racers are completely bottom out before attempting a sole swap on them. one of my favorite pairs.

i hope Nike sees the love for the lunar soles and does even more with it. Lunar 3 was a comfortable shoe, but man, they kind of blew it with the cw's.

Nobody can tell me racer or trainer sole is even on the same level as the Lunar.

i hope Nike sees the love for the lunar soles and does even more with it. Lunar 3 was a comfortable shoe, but man, they kind of blew it with the cw's.

Nobody can tell me racer or trainer sole is even on the same level as the Lunar.

No comparison. It's another reason why we're seeing more and more LR sole swaps.

YES. :smokin It's too bad Nike used the better cws on the Zoom versions... :smh:

Last edited:

they're not IMHO.. :lol:

I would take flyknit versions of LR3's.. :nthat:

Looks like the Zoom (in the heel) Streak 5 sole...

The pictures online make the streaks look much thicker in the midsole then in that picture. I wonder if he shaved it down a bit. I think that swap for the racer looks much better then the lr sole. Can somebody help out an old guy who doesn't use ig to see if he posted pictures of those shoes?

Back
Top Bottom