OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
No idea what's going on here
mean.gif
hmm CDG previewed a lunarepic on their runway a while back

^ Clean the midsole with toothbrush/dish soap first. Then throw in the washer on cold. Let dry, use toothbrush/dish soap to clean up any remaining stubborn spots, throw them back in the washer. Air dry. In my experience that's the cleanest they'll get.

Last edited:
^ Clean the midsole with toothbrush/dish soap first. Then throw in the washer on cold. Let dry, use toothbrush/dish soap to clean up any remaining stubborn spots, throw them back in the washer. Air dry. In my experience that's the cleanest they'll get.
Thanks.

I have washed my racers once on a beater year ago and came out pretty nicely, but I don't know if I want to do the same to my trainers just because I love these so much I don't want anything to go wrong.

Also, is it difficult to sole swap?  I feel like the yellowing is inevitable and would look so much cleaner with new soles.

^ I've never had any issues with my Racers/Trainers in the washer. I think you should be fine. Those are pretty beat anyway so there's not much you can lose :lol:. They'll definitely look alot better.

As for sole swaps, I haven't done any personally so I can't comment on that.

Thanks.

I have washed my racers once on a beater year ago and came out pretty nicely, but I don't know if I want to do the same to my trainers just because I love these so much I don't want anything to go wrong.

Also, is it difficult to sole swap?  I feel like the yellowing is inevitable and would look so much cleaner with new soles.

On a trainer so old, the sole swap shouldn't be too difficult. I took the uppers off of my wife's trainers, and it was pretty easy. When I've taken uppers of of brand new shoes, it is much more difficult.

The problem for the swap is what donor shoe are you going to use? You'd prob have to go with a lunar sole, as those trainer soles would be difficult to find (and prob just be better to buy a new one).

I don't use the washing machine to clean my racers. I use the shout gel (it comes in a blue bottle with an orange scrubber top), and either use the harsh scrubber brush on the shoe directly, or just use a tooth brush to clean it. Rinse it with cool water. I've never had an issue cleaning it that way, and it gets them really clean.

On a trainer so old, the sole swap shouldn't be too difficult. I took the uppers off of my wife's trainers, and it was pretty easy. When I've taken uppers of of brand new shoes, it is much more difficult.

The problem for the swap is what donor shoe are you going to use? You'd prob have to go with a lunar sole, as those trainer soles would be difficult to find (and prob just be better to buy a new one).

I don't use the washing machine to clean my racers. I use the shout gel (it comes in a blue bottle with an orange scrubber top), and either use the harsh scrubber brush on the shoe directly, or just use a tooth brush to clean it. Rinse it with cool water. I've never had an issue cleaning it that way, and it gets them really clean.
I really don't like how they look with lunar soles.  I know lemon does it to all of his shoes to make it look like HTM's but I personally don't like that unless they are HTM's.  I have couple pairs of trainers I don't wear that are in pretty good condition, but I don't know if I have the patience and the skills to perform such work.  I don't want to end up destroying two pairs of shoes.

I throw racers in the washer all the time and have never been anything but very happy with the results. IMO very low risk.

Back
Top Bottom