OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KD V THREAD: ELITE

Glad Nike decided to transform the KD5s into over-priced high healed bowling shoes. Smh....

Now I can track down a pair of N7s & wrap up my KD 5 collection at 11 pairs.

Way to go NIKE! >:

^^^ yea I'm doin the same , bout to cop ice blues and birches and ill be at 11 as well .. Im sure you will find your n7 ..

Last edited:
Im looking for DMV's and easters then im done with my kd v collection at 7 pair. Easters are just sitting aon shelves aty local hoh so those will be easy to cop. If yall know anywhere I can find a size 12 DMV retail that would be lovely!

Glad Nike decided to transform the KD5s into over-priced high healed bowling shoes. Smh....

Now I can track down a pair of N7s & wrap up my KD 5 collection at 11 pairs.

Way to go NIKE!
mad.gif
try calling the nike store at the phoenix premium outlets. they still had pairs when I was there last weekend

anyone with the elites know if the gold paint will get rubbed off? I kinda want em but if the paint's gonna rub off like the lebon elites last year then i prob wont get them

anyone with the elites know if the gold paint will get rubbed off? I kinda want em but if the paint's gonna rub off like the lebon elites last year then i prob wont get them
I haven't seen any of last year's elites in person, but the gold swoosh and kd logo have some kind of protective coating over top.  I scratched it pretty hard with my nail and it seems to be fine

And the swoosh is textured, not just a layer of gold paint. Hooped in my pair 3 times and nothin has happened so far

It's not really the same material (just paint) as last year's material... That was the first thing I checked to see if they had addressed the gold issue and it seems like they did. It's more of a textured/woven feel, like some sort of synthetic material. Like Iksmod said, I actually tried scratching it pretty hard, and it felt a lot more durable than last years "paint" in that it didn't even feel like it was able to rub off.. Like I said it almost has a woven feel to it.

Finally nice weather in Minnesota . Came across some news for thunder. Westbrook set to have knee surgery.... Hopefully okc can pull through ..

Finally nice weather in Minnesota . Came across some news for thunder. Westbrook set to have knee surgery.... Hopefully okc can pull through ..
Yessir!  Looks to be a real warm weekend.

Too bad for Westbrook/the Thunder... they still should put up a fight for the West crown, but for the title... not so sure.

Last edited:
Found this on shoepalace.com release calendar:
[table][tr][td]
89-brand-logo.png

[/td][td]Coming Saturday, 06/15/2013[/td][td]KD 5 Elite Men's (Orange/Yellow/Blue)[/td][/tr][/table]

Last edited:
Just picked these up earlier in the week, from reading guess people aren't big fans of the Elites. I personally like them and I think people are going to change tunes once they see them in person.

Just picked these up earlier in the week, from reading guess people aren't big fans of the Elites. I personally like them and I think people are going to change tunes once they see them in person.
I like 'em, I just have a good feeling they're going to hit the outlets eventually so I'm holding out lol.

Nice pics CORN ^^^ I don't dislike the Elite, but it doesn't wow me. For that matter, the V in general doesn't wow me. Certainly not like the 2 and 4 did. By far, I prefer wearing 2s and 4s over 5s. The 5s aren't offensive by any means, but they don't stand out to me. IMO, the 4 is a great shoe- stands out, looks cool, feels good if sizing is right, and performs reasonably. For 90-100 bucks, its perfect. For 200 and the elite v low, I expected more in all honesty. If I got em for 130/40 maybe, but no way I am paying that price for that shoe. That's just me- to each their own. I know my boy B is all over 'em. :D

To me these are one of those sneakers that look the same in person and in pics. In person will not change any opinions.

I want a pair of elites for playing ball. Really like the blue colorway and the oranges. Those are nice. I'm concerned about people complaining about tongue discomfort. I don't want to pay $200 for shoes that hurt to play in. I'm patiently waiting for more reviews and feedback on the comfort and performance.

I want a pair of elites for playing ball. Really like the blue colorway and the oranges. Those are nice. I'm concerned about people complaining about tongue discomfort. I don't want to pay $200 for shoes that hurt to play in. I'm patiently waiting for more reviews and feedback on the comfort and performance.
That's a good move...

Hoping to get some more hours in mine before I give a good update.  The tongue discomfort just comes from me lacing them tightly at the top.  Maybe I don't need to be tying them so tight... I guess I'll have to experiment with it or find some socks w/ extra ankle padding.

Nice pics CORN ^^^ I don't dislike the Elite, but it doesn't wow me. For that matter, the V in general doesn't wow me. Certainly not like the 2 and 4 did. By far, I prefer wearing 2s and 4s over 5s. The 5s aren't offensive by any means, but they don't stand out to me. IMO, the 4 is a great shoe- stands out, looks cool, feels good if sizing is right, and performs reasonably. For 90-100 bucks, its perfect. For 200 and the elite v low, I expected more in all honesty. If I got em for 130/40 maybe, but no way I am paying that price for that shoe. That's just me- to each their own. I know my boy B is all over 'em. :D

Yeah I understand the price point can scare some people away, I mean jumping up from $110 to $200 is a drastic price increase. I was going to get these either way, but the mom and pop store I bought them from actually had these listed for less that retail so I am happy. I guess they figured these were overprice to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom