OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KD V THREAD: ELITE

Good review. I didn't buy, just tried on, but I can say that I agree wholeheartedly about the cushioning. It felt downright amazing. WAAAAY better than regular V's. I was hoping they would be a little wider in the forefoot, but they're tight in that area like most KD's..
i really think that nike should change the last for the shoes kd and lebron actually wear, then make a more general fitting last for releases. 

Cushioning sounds great. Definitely something I thought the regular V could use some improvement on. The heel lockdown is a little troubling. I want a pair for hoop but don't want to drop 2 bills if the shoe does stay locked in.

It does if you apply the runner's loop lacing technique to them. The difference is night and day regarding lockdown for the heel area when you implement such a simple technique.

Google it because me trying to explain it without the diagram will make you more confused and make me sound like I'm from another planet haha.

As soon as I saw pics of the KD V elites I knew heel lockdown would be an issue.

That's why I love the Kobe 8 so much in this area - It has the 7th pair of eyelets at the top & heel lockdown is perfect for me. I want the orange KD elites bad though, Just hoping that dropping down half a size will do the trick.

As soon as I saw pics of the KD V elites I knew heel lockdown would be an issue.

That's why I love the Kobe 8 so much in this area - It has the 7th pair of eyelets at the top & heel lockdown is perfect for me. I want the orange KD elites bad though, Just hoping that dropping down half a size will do the trick.
Haven't hooped in mine yet, but after walking around in them I don't think heel lockdown will be as bad as some are saying.  In fact, I was pretty surprised at how good it was.  Once I get to play I will have a better idea.  The runner's loop will definitely help, as was mentioned above.

Also -- going a half-size down might be a good move. The toe box is narrow, but I found I have a good amount of space at the end for my true size. Could have maybe gone a half size down.  If you can try them on, give it a shot.

Does anybody have an idea of where the Superhero Packs are releasing? I'm sure HOH but are they releasing at other retailers?

So the elites that kd wore last night are the homes According to sneakernews . Just confused on why they chose the same colors as the entourage iv's for the homes ..

if u check FTL all FTL will be getting super hero pack of all 3 sigs. So champs and fooactions that carries the sigs should also be getting these.
Also it varies where u at .. I know my champs and finish line didn't get many cw's. This year they got. Homes ,aways and Texas .same with finish line they just started getting kd v . There first pair they got were the gamma rays lol

Last edited:
Also it varies where u at .. I know my champs and finish line didn't get many cw's. This year they got. Homes ,aways and Texas .same with finish line they just started getting kd v . There first pair they got were the gamma rays lol

true, i dont know about FNL but Champs and FA who carries KDs should be carrying superheroes.

elites still hasnt grown on me, will pass unless i can get it for dirt cheap

I'll come back to this thread if the Thunder wins the title this year and see a lot of 180s lol. I'm not mad at all though, had I not had a rewards certificate these would've been an afterthought. I was holding out thinking I could use it on the elite kobes but the expiration date was 4/21.

And apparently bday coupons for FTL are a thing of the past judging by when I looked through the coupon thread...

I want to see more on these KD V lows instead of the elites. They look amazing and can't wait for more pics and CW's

I want to see more on these KD V lows instead of the elites. They look amazing and can't wait for more pics and CW's
I don't think we even know that they are releasing.  My thought when seeing those images w/ Leo Chang is that those other lows pictured were concept shoes leading up to the final elite design.  I mean who knows, but I don't believe there is confirmation that they will release.

Yes! I was wondering about this if you look at the footlocker (or may be nike, I can't remember) release calendar there is one that just says "KD V low" where as the rest of them actually say "KD V elite" so this must be just a standard low that's gonna drop.
these are just elite prototypes. I wish they would drop a low top. But these are just prototypes

Thought I'd post these from my phone for y'all, copped at Richards with a gift card I had and I had liked these from the get go:

Those are the only one's I like if I can get them for real cheap i will scoop if not no elites for me.

Back
Top Bottom