OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VI THREAD: ((NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by mrfantastic21

Went to Footlocker yesterday to get just the Del Sol's but ended up getting the matching gear as well.
What's the name of the shorts?  i.e. 5 rings, Matrix, etc...

Originally Posted by Kobe jordan

Originally Posted by NotoriousMJ23

Im gonna broke this year.

im trying extremely hard to only buy one pair
That's a classic phrase on the Zoom Kobe threads, been saying that since the V's came out.  
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NotoriousMJ23

Im gonna broke this year.

I think most of us are... 
ohwell.gif

glass blues would be OK without that orange sockliner and speckled sole. Pass no matter what on em anyway.

Rices are
eek.gif
prob pass on those too...really going to try and limit myself on these
30t6p3b.gif
let's see how good I do.

Hmmm...I called Easatbay and they said they dont show them as a backorder, and should ship out tomorrow. I also didnt get a backorder email. I will take that with a grain. I did have a similar situation with the all star lebron VIIs. I ended up getting the shoes after all, and Eastbay rep Ray was able to track em down and confirm they would ship for me. Props to him. I am hopeful I get my pair, especially since I passed up an opportunity to grab them the other day. It would be %#%#+$ if I didnt get my pair, but that has become the nature of the beast in this hobby. At the end of the day, it really is just another sneaker, and once this hype dies down it will be on to the next one for most people who hyped this shoe up anyway...

Man I want to cop the grinches but I'm not willing to pay anything over 160 for them. I'm still deciding on the del sol's but they are super comfy.

im just staying with grinch's, i'm jobless and attend school full time, i will try not to buy anymore for at least 1 year.

^^ you better start doing peoples homework for cash or humping ugly Betty's! Lol

Something. Start grinding for then Kobes.

Originally Posted by MONTEMEX3

Originally Posted by 40inchBoost

Has anyones NDC Grinch order changed from processing??

I got them with 1-day air shipping too

nerd.gif
i got mine from NDC already 
smokin.gif
not yet. nike rep told me they should ship out tomorrow

Originally Posted by DavidLeex84

im just staying with grinch's, i'm jobless and attend school full time, [color= rgb(0, 255, 0)]i will try not to buy anymore for at least 1 year.[/color]
15883sj.jpg

the more i see pics of the 6s the more i like them...but i still need to see them in person before i try to purchase a pair. i hope there are no EA in the near future so i can save my money

Originally Posted by AIR J XIII

Originally Posted by AIR J XIII

My short Zoom Kobe VI review for anyone interested:

got them from sneakerhead on thursday, waited til this morning to put em on.

as a forwarning, i dont have wide feet and i usually have issues flling the body of a shoe. I also did not use the top lace hole.

Upon putting them on, the snug fit is noticed right away, not much space over your toes but a little wider than the V IMO. I ALWAYS double sock to hoop, even IVs and Vs, but I could single sock with these. They aso feel higher off the ground than the V, but I think it'll get better upon breaking in the insole/midsole. The triple mesh upper with the polyurethane "islands" makes the upper really flexible yet strong because of the flywire, I dont think they are capable of creasing for those that care. The heel of the shoe has a "deep" feel to it, I have to sli my foot back into it before lacing up. They dont feel heavy, but not crazy light either, but how could they after playing in 4s/5s the last two years. I havent played in them but I do have a wood floor and I think tracion will be ok, my YMCAs floor is getting refinished anyway. The zoom units feel thincker than the V, but i dont know how much of that is attributed to the insole.

Conclusion: VI = a better fitting more flexible V
*UPDATE*

NIKE HAS DONE IT AGAIN!

I wasnt sure how they would top the 4, but they did by making the 5 better fitting, lighter, stronger, and adding a zoom/zoom setup. I honestly didn't believe the 5 could be topped, but once again the guys over in Beaverton come through.

I shot around in del sols for about 45 min., then played 3 competitive games of 1 on 1.

Results:

Excellent traction, comparable to the 4 IMO, mind you the court was refinished over the christmas holiday. The court feel for me is comparable to the ZKII, which is suprising considering they dont feel as low to the ground as the 4 and 5. Better fit than the 5 for sure, I double sock no matter what and they almost felt too small. As light as the 5, although they have a somewhat clunky feel. I didn't use the top lace hole, but tying tight up top was enough to keep my heel in place.

My one issue with this shoe so far is the insole. I know its supposed to mold to your feet, but in the hour+ that I was playing, they showed no sign of any such thing. My arches/heels started hurting after the first game of 1 on 1.

These DEFINATELY have the potential to be better than the 5 once the insole breaks in.

Im playing pick-up tonight and ill post another update after.
UPDATE from tonight:

I ran 5 straight full games, the insoles felt a little better but still are far from comfortable. I was still able to put in work knocking down some key 3s and helping our team D when we needed stops. Once the insole break in, these things will be butter.

I will be playing in my Del Sol's tonight, We'll see how they run. They feel a .5 size bigger than the Vs IMO though.

Edit: Any word from Eastbay Ray on a delivery to warehouse/shipment/cancel date?

Originally Posted by Bweibel5

I will be playing in my Del Sol's tonight, We'll see how they run. They feel a .5 size bigger than the Vs IMO though.

Edit: Any word from Eastbay Ray on a delivery to warehouse/shipment/cancel date?

They fit the same as the Vs

Originally Posted by MTMAN

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Those glassblues are horrible, and they don't give this shoe any justice at all with that colorway.

People said similar things about the grinches and now scrambling to grab a pair. I personally think the glass blues are sick way better than some of the other cws like the breds.

Originally Posted by hakbottom

Originally Posted by MTMAN

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Those glassblues are horrible, and they don't give this shoe any justice at all with that colorway.

People said similar things about the grinches and now scrambling to grab a pair. I personally think the glass blues are sick way better than some of the other cws like the breds.

yup i feel you man, im digging the glass blues alot. i like them more than the breds and concords and of course thats my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom