OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VI THREAD: ((NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was going to buy these for $240 but the seller seems like a really good dude so I'm going to be tipping him at least $10

Originally Posted by 86KB8KOBE86

Was going to buy these for $240 but the seller seems like a really good dude so I'm going to be tipping him at least $10

if you're already paying 240 depending on tax and shipping thats almost 100 tip as is.

saw the grinches at the gym today someone was wearing. you need to slap yourself if you said the rice's or any other VI's were better than the grinches

cant wait for mine to come tuesday

Originally Posted by KingTrojan43

Originally Posted by dyyhard

still some more Grinches pre-order from kixfiles 
http://store.kix-files.com/nike-zoom-kobe-vi-christmas-grinch-2/

no size 12's
frown.gif
...I'm gonna end up having to pay reseller prices soon...oh well.

on another note...did anyone see what Raja Bell is wearing tonight...was watching the Clippers/Jazz game and his shoe came off...they showed a quick shot of it....but couldn't tell if they were V's or VI's.

I was at that game earlier sitting at section 106, row 13.... They appear to be the ZKV Black & Wht Unreleased TBs that Kobe worn a couple of weeks back. They also popped out of bay too.... They look like the Blackouts with a white swoosh....

just got my blk/del sol today~
feeelinggg good~
now i just needed to wait for the chaos and concord to drop~
and Rice High, hope it wont tht hard to be copped

How light are we talking? Im sure some of you have postage scales. Anyone with a sz. 12 or 13.

To compare, a lunar trainer sz 12.5 comes in around 11oz. An older ultraflight model comes in at 1:nerd:z. Most bball shoes of the past few decades are in that high teens range, given the 12-13 size range..

A size 9 is supposed to be 10.6 oz in the VIs. Not sure how that'd translate exactly to bigger sizes but I can't imagine them being more than 13-14 oz

Originally Posted by gambino54

Originally Posted by nikeairon

Has there been a set release date for the Chaos yet? Been browsing the thread but haven't seen anything...
Concords:  1/15/11 Kobe VI  White/Black/Concord  429659-100,  $130
Chaos:       1/25/11 Zoom Kobe VI, Dark Grey/Metallic Silver,Glass Blue    429659-005, $130
Breds:        2/05/11 Zoom Kobe VI Black/White Varsity Red $130 429659-001
Duke:    3/05/11 Zoom Kobe VI Varsity Royal/White-Black $130 429659-400
that cw and style number you have for 1/25 is for the glass blues not chaos

Wore my grinch today to the gym. Broke the neck of this dude so bad he had to stop me and ask for what shoes im wearing
laugh.gif
And i even broke more necks when i step on the court. People were
eek.gif
at my feet

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Wore my grinch today to the gym. Broke the neck of this dude so bad he had to stop me and ask for what shoes im wearing
laugh.gif
And i even broke more necks when i step on the court. People were
eek.gif
at my feet

hehe nice
pimp.gif

Eastbay finally charged my account. Hopefully this means they're getting ready to ship. My order status still shows not available until shipped.

Originally Posted by blacklion23

Eastbay finally charged my account. Hopefully this means they're getting ready to ship. My order status still shows not available until shipped.
"Not available until shipped" means the tracking number isn't available because they haven't printed the shipping label yet. Look under the description of the item ordered, it should say "Ready to Ship" that means they'll be going out soon, I would guess on 12/30

already thinking about december 10 years from now when they retro the grinches and del sols.
roll.gif

will cop 2 more del sols and 1 grinches. LOL

My NDC order was scheduled to ship tomorrow (12/31) but I called them up and
politely asked to have my shipping refunded since I paid for second day shipping and it did not ship out the next biz day Monday/Tuesday. To my surprise not only did they refund my money, they sent it overnight. Expecting them by 3pm.

Originally Posted by button999

Originally Posted by blacklion23

"Not available until shipped" means the tracking number isn't available because they haven't printed the shipping label yet. Look under the description of the item ordered, it should say "Ready to Ship" that means they'll be going out soon, I would guess on 12/30

See mine still has the not available till shipped too but the status is open. Losing faith I am getting these more and more each day. At least my brons are coming today. Guess I need to call Eastbay.Edit: just got off the phone with Eastbay, my order ships out today. Should get em early next week if I'm not lucky and they get here quicker.

SoOo, Last night I finally went to the gym and hooped in my Del Sols. I played 6-7 Full court, 5-on-5 games....VERY competitive play

Here we Go....

Traction: The court I play on is as "dust free" as a court can be...During the first game I noticed a little slippage as I made my cuts, but it wasn't bad enough to where I felt uncomfortable makin' a strong cut. As I played more, the grip seemed better and better to the point where I would stop on a dime with my cuts and I felt 100% secure....bad ankles and all.

9/10

Comfort: I hoop a lot and I must say that this shoe is probably the most comfortable shoe I've ever played in...They felt great right out of the box and it only got better as I broke the shoes in...The shoe really does seem to mold to your foot... and with the zoom air in the heel along with the light-weight "Fly Wire" technology, it felt like I was hooping on a cloud...

10/10

Stability: As we all know, The Kobe VI is a very low cut shoe...and as a person who recently sprained BOTH of his ankles, it worried me... But with the wide outsoles and the flexabilty of the fly wire...My foot was somewhat glued to the court and my ankle(s) didn't roll at all (I didn't wear any braces)...The low cut of the shoe still worries me though...

9.5/10

Durability: Now I know some of you Cherish your gym shoes and you get mad when you see any type of blemish on them (Even after a competitive game of Basketball)...The upper fly wire portion of the shoe held up very well...there are basically NO creases and the "snake scales" are all intact... The mid-Sole however creased up pretty bad, but I expected that to happen...so I wasn't upset. The one thing that DID upset me a tad bit was the scuffs on the Plastic heel-cup...

(I really don't want to give a number rating on this because shoes scuff and crease if they're worn....Deal with it and play on)

Pics of the aftermath below

Scuff on the heel-cup
ec836e4716950ea76e5fb717c7c16f60de7bee70_r.jpg

Creased mid-sole (This happened on both shoes on both sides)
e531661c0b6abecf6994ffabab9bff1920091c33_r.jpg

Front of the outter sole
dd23651612ff0cf1678cb30dcf536dbf52933654_r.jpg

Heel of the outter sole
127262c1e70fb6fab7cc866624a03bfd5d7f4b66_r.jpg

No creases on the Toe-box
1d226361bc052665b62c4860c9e04c0a30fe639b_r.jpg

Side shot of the shoe
717261a14704b691b85c3c60f1d7d7782536f2e1_r.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back