OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VI THREAD: ((NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!))

Status
Not open for further replies.
just received a pair of cool greys from eastbay not only were the shoes double boxed but also had a plastic sleeve around it....hopefully thats how the grinches were shipped

Nice Choy!! I was gonna do that once my Del Sols come in (so I can steal the laces). They look much better with the black laces! You beat me too it!

Wore the Grinches up to the Bay Area the past couple days and man were these a attention grabber. About 10 people throughout the trip came up and asked me what shoes they were and/or complimented me on them. I'm not one to hypebeast but damn it increased my self esteem for a bit
laugh.gif

As for the upcoming releases, Concords x2 for me, Chaos x1... Glass Blues are still ugly and so are those LAs. Breds are an easy pass and probably the Dukes too. I would like the Rice's but just don't see a point in supporting/repping that high school.

I'm looking forward to an Ace, Carpe Diem, and Home (w/ purple and yellow) colorway

Originally Posted by Rightguard

just received a pair of cool greys from eastbay not only were the shoes double boxed but also had a plastic sleeve around it....hopefully thats how the grinches were shipped
Eastbay ships any JB shoes double boxed. Everything else comes in a garbage bag unless you order something extra or pay for gift boxing. 
For me, Concords x2 (one of release day and the other when it goes on sale or not excluded from coupons), Chaos x2. Passing on the @$# Blue, LA, and Rice cw's.

anyone that ordered the grinches from Eastbay check your orders. Mine was marked as ready to ship and now is backordered and they are saying they're sold out. I'm not gonna lie I am
 pissed! I think they really need to update their system to handle releases like this and learn to get correct information to the consumer. I was assured on more than one occasion that my

order would be fulfilled but obviously it wasn't. Eastbay doesn't  care about consumers and is only worried about making a profit buy ensuring all pairs are sold even if that means

overselling. I am taking my business somewhere else.

Originally Posted by sdkicks

anyone that ordered the grinches from Eastbay check your orders. Mine was marked as ready to ship and now is backordered and they are saying they're sold out. I'm not gonna lie I am pissed. I think they really need to update their system to handle releases like this and learn to get correct information to the consumer. I was assured on more than one occasion that my order would be fulfilled but obviously it wasn't. Eastbay doesn't  care about consumers and is only worried about making a profit buy ensuring all pairs are sold even if that means overselling. I am taking my business somewhere else.
That sucks, I would be pissed too. Hopefully they didn't charge your card already cause it sucks waiting for them to refund it.

Originally Posted by Decepticon0

Originally Posted by sdkicks

anyone that ordered the grinches from Eastbay check your orders. Mine was marked as ready to ship and now is backordered and they are saying they're sold out. I'm not gonna lie I am pissed. I think they really need to update their system to handle releases like this and learn to get correct information to the consumer. I was assured on more than one occasion that my order would be fulfilled but obviously it wasn't. Eastbay doesn't  care about consumers and is only worried about making a profit buy ensuring all pairs are sold even if that means overselling. I am taking my business somewhere else.
That sucks, I would be pissed too. Hopefully they didn't charge your card already cause it sucks waiting for them to refund it.
Ya, the charge is showing on my card. I am definitely heated right now. I've really been looking forward to getting them. 

Grinch and Del Sols for me =)

Will also steal the lace of my Del Sol and put it in my Grinch.

And then i will have to try the bruce lee lace on the Del Solss.

Originally Posted by button999

Originally Posted by never wear them

I'm talkin bout the chaos 4s.... How in the hell does that colorway represent, the joker.
Sorry, read too quick...honestly I don't remember people calling the 4s Jokers when they came out.
Seems to me like that all started with the 5s.
Then with the 5s when those started being called "Jokers" it kinda became a language thing, where Chaos kinda meant Joker, and Joker meant Chaos.
So then the 4s started being called Jokers retroactively.
That's how I remember it from the time of the 4s, but I could be wrong...we've already proven I can't read correctly.
tongue.gif

I kinda used to be a comic book nerd so that whole chaos=joker thing was from the comics it was not a shoe associated thing. The joker has a bunch of aka's nicknames and chaos is one of them guess nike did its homework on a joker themed name. Also batman has been known as the dark knight for long before the dk movie so i guess they also went with that retro feel...... Damn i just geeked out right now lol.

Originally Posted by Lex Venture

Originally Posted by button999

I'm talkin bout the chaos 4s.... How in the hell does that colorway represent, the joker.
Sorry, read too quick...honestly I don't remember people calling the 4s Jokers when they came out.
Seems to me like that all started with the 5s.
Then with the 5s when those started being called "Jokers" it kinda became a language thing, where Chaos kinda meant Joker, and Joker meant Chaos.
So then the 4s started being called Jokers retroactively.
That's how I remember it from the time of the 4s, but I could be wrong...we've already proven I can't read correctly.
tongue.gif

I kinda used to be a comic book nerd so that whole chaos=joker thing was from the comics it was not a shoe associated thing. The joker has a bunch of aka's nicknames and chaos is one of them guess nike did its homework on a joker themed name. Also batman has been known as the dark knight for long before the dk movie so i guess they also went with that retro feel...... Damn i just geeked out right now lol.

I thought the Dark Knight colorway was partially inspired by the colors used on the movie poster. They have Neptune blue on the poster and that red on the sole is from the Batman symbol being lit up in flames on the building. Could be wrong, but I seem to remember someone pointing that out when the DKs came out

That's what we all thought but the red is only on the bottom. It can probably signify the red phone they picked up before pulling back that statue head. Hahaha w-t-h did I just type?!

That's what we all thought but the red is only on the bottom. It can probably signify the red phone they picked up before pulling back that statue head. Hahaha w-t-h did I just type?!

hey quick question. were u same size vi to the v? i tried em on maybe im weird or maybe im delirious but im a true size 11.5 and a wore a sz 12 in the kobe vs. but a 11.5 worked fine for me. how did it fit for u? 

Originally Posted by havoc11

hey quick question. were u same size vi to the v? i tried em on maybe im weird or maybe im delirious but im a true size 11.5 and a wore a sz 12 in the kobe vs. but a 11.5 worked fine for me. how did it fit for u? 

For some reason, only with the Kobes, I always have to up a 1/2. I'm a true 10.5 but I have a big upper foot so I fill in my shoes and have to get an 11 cause they're slim kicks. But I agree, there is more room on these 6s than the 5s. But my feet demand an 11 with Kobes. (I usually double sock if my dri-fit socks are dirty tho lol , I tend to need the extra room)

150.00 price hike cause that is a kobe supreme aka premium materials will be used to make that one
also will be 150.00 rice in another colorway

sorry if it has been asked before.. but are the concords and chaos going to GR?? or limited to select stores and online release THANKs!!

Originally Posted by welcome2jungle

150.00 price hike cause that is a kobe supreme aka premium materials will be used to make that one
also will be 150.00 rice in another colorway

smh....if Nike starts going this route with Kobes I'll just stick with lunars or KDs or something. Pretty lame if you ask me.

Nike always trying to get over on the consumer.

I blame the new box
laugh.gif
   nevermind, saw that only 1 pair had price increase

Well think about it. IDs are $165 so the Rice at $150 isn't bad. You get the snake(i admit i was wrong saying it was an owl, got Rice high school and University mascot mixed up) and RICE logo, I'm sure the hike was for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom